• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Share Write and share a micro-story, essay, or poem!

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
hey! i know i don't post much here in this forum, but i have a fun idea. i know it is fun because everyone is doing it. a micro-essay/story thread. i was gonna get others' opinions about what the length guidelines should be like, but i'm getting the impression that could take years. so i will create them. feel free to violate them.

at first i was thinking a 100 character minimum with a 200 character maximum--inspired by a pretty successful 150 character limit version on twitter. edit: nope, let's go with that.

so...

*stories, essays, poems at a 100 character minimum and 200 character limit. Spaces do not count.
*titles are optional and count toward the minimum and limit.
*all formats are permitted, accompanying images are not.
*no limit on the frequency of contributions, but think them out. quality of quantity will lead to a more attentive audience and more entertaining material for everyone participating.

what do you all say?

Last edited:
alright, i'll start us off with a little non-fiction.

I do not have a toaster. In the morning, I make toast on a frying pan. I like to watch cartoons while I wait. I burn a lot of bread.

Last edited:
I like it. It's made of undesired flesh. Alto panda.

So what are we but speed over reaction
Fusion of flights and lightning flashs

Bed of rotten flowers over a naked bridge

^Nice one loulou.

I flinch when I hear someone sneezing. Hypochondriacs should unite and hold a convention in town. They just shouldn't shake hands when they meet.

Everybody should sneeze in their elbow. That's classy enough :D

^I've always been a handkerchief type of guy myself but if I lack one an elbow will suffice. :)

Translated in French:

Et que sommes nous sinon vitesse sur réaction
Fusion de vols et de tonnerres de flashs

Lit de fleurs pourries au dessus d'un pont nu

Ma Bohème

Je m’en allais les poings dans mes poches crevées ;
Mon paletot soudain devenait idéal ;
J’allais sous le ciel, Muse, et j’étais ton féal ;
Oh ! La la ! Que d’amours splendides j’ai rêvées !

Mon unique culotte avait un large trou.
Petit Poucet rêveur, j’égrenais dans ma course
Des rimes. Mon auberge était à la Grande Ourse.
Mes étoiles au ciel avaient un doux frou-frou

Et je les écoutais, assis au bord des routes,
Ces bons soirs de septembre où je sentais des gouttes
De rosée à mon front, comme un vin de vigueur ;

Où, rimant au milieu des ombres fantastiques,
Comme des lyres, je tirais les élastiques,
De mes souliers blessés, un pied près de mon cœur !

Arthur Rimbaud

very nice, everyone! and it's off!

At the end of long legs: gangly, grotesque feet. Supporting so much height and beauty. You'd suck those ugly toes if she let you.

Last edited:
The knife goes in. The first incision has been made. Surgeon said I wouldn't feel a thing. He lied. I flinch as I vaguely feel the second cut. He notices. I ask for another shot of the local. He grudgingly obliges.

I watch the lead-coloured clouds lazily drag themselves along the light blue sky. From my window I see a child jump from a gutter into a deep puddle; who would ever anticipate that a blurred yellow rectangle would crash into him and take his life..?

Last edited:
Black as a negros dick

the night black as a negro wrapped around my dick
waiting for the relief of a hand to spread my semen on the ground
hard as a rock screaming the inevitable break of day into my numb eyes
looking for an escape capsule on this vessel cold as winters breath
running down the spine of a snake
ready to snap

Peace of mind and personal files
Step by step I praise my pile

Of stéréotyped curse and some more therafter

Each day we put the rabbits out in the sun. It doesn’t matter that our house is dark with illness, death and sorrow.
The rabbits scrawl a joyous script in the long grass, punctuated by pirouettes like exclamation points after each sentence.

laminate for a dead hare

A multi-layer synthetic lamination process project, including dead wildlife from over the world.

She smiles at me from beneath the sky. And with veiled eyes peers knowingly into space, she giggles lovely and with a hint of guile darts off before the rising of the tide. As she goes I whisper her name and wonder. Should I have followed?