12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music

No matter how lame a particular dance move may seem, if done in unison with a group of people it is like Michael Jackson is making love to a rainbow....
tumblr_lm8ngqURs51qd9sx1.gif

80445_o.gif

He could have used the search function to look through the comments too, ya know
But I wouldn't be surprised at all if he carefully picked through each comment with care, in hopes of mention of the almighty Biebz..

The theory is a work in progress anyway.

I'm running out of funding for my analysis :(

Not that surprising when you consider that music consumers are totally different than years ago. It used to take at least the minimal effort of going to the store to purchase music, now it takes a mouse click. The real test for this shitty new music will be to see how many people are still listening to it ten years from now.

JOHN<3
&
MATTY! <3
<3 you both.
and matty im glad you like dubstep =D
justin beiber sucks balls musically, and probably quite literally too.
I can't believe he said "im like the kurt cobain of this generation" WTF not even. he should be killed for comparing himself to kurt. just my two cents.

who cares? this is just more of the same. Justin Bieber is just one of many in a long line of jailbait teen idols. (Danny Partridge? I think they are equally as bad) I bet my grandmother felt sick when she learned that some band called The Beatles had outsold The Rat Pack or whatever. Popular music will always be like this. I also think most of the people on this list don't give two shits. I honestly can't see Michael Stipe getting butthurt that some hot Barbados chick outsold him. I doubt Jimi Hendrix would care that America was infatuated with some syphilis monster from central Florida for five years.

fucking hipsters.

Wouldn't that just make him more like Kurt?

uh, no. kurt killed himself, with drugs. im sure the beibs doesnt even know what maryjuwanna looks or smells like first of all. and if justin were to be killed instead of killing himself, how woud that make him like kurt? and what do you mean make him even *more* like kurt. hes NOTHING even close to comparable to kurt.

^This. I feel bad for people who actually take the article seriously. I thought it was cool that had two of my favorite bands in the same place: Creed and Hendrix. Way to go!

i suppose i got confused with sid and nancy and kurt and courtney

Cobain shot himself with a shotgun while on a bunch of dope, sid stabbed nancy to death and sid himself ODed on heroin. A collection of fucked up people dying fucked up deaths.

who cares? this is just more of the same. Justin Bieber is just one of many in a long line of jailbait teen idols. (Danny Partridge? I think they are equally as bad) I bet my grandmother felt sick when she learned that some band called The Beatles had outsold The Rat Pack or whatever. Popular music will always be like this. I also think most of the people on this list don't give two shits. I honestly can't see Michael Stipe getting butthurt that some hot Barbados chick outsold him. I doubt Jimi Hendrix would care that America was infatuated with some syphilis monster from central Florida for five years.

fucking hipsters.

My face after reading this post
I lurve you, Kenickie

1273616185851.jpg

Edit: Fixd, dunno why imageshack would delete that...

Last edited:
All of these facts are disappointing, but also very unsurprising...which somehow makes everything more disappointing.

One day I will finish my time machine and bring back Kurt,Marley,Lennon and everyone else worth listening to so we can have real music again. Wish me luck :)

this is all pretty retarded since back in the days you simply could not buy something no one was selling, or buy something you had never heard of

the British invasion was due to record brought back from the usa to the uk by people who cared about the music but you could not find it in any store, it wasnt distributed over there and it didnt play on the radio
people in the ussr didnt listen to hendrix and people in china didnt listen to led zepplin because it wasnt playing on the radio, actually led zepplin wasnt even playing on the radio in the u.k. or the usa
so saying that some international artist of today that gets exposure all over the globe and that thanks to the internet can be easily bought from anywhere in the world doesnt tell much about the music, it tells more about the technology we use and the evolution of a more encompassing international culture
it also says that most people who listen to good music dont care to pay for it

so you borrow a jimi hendrix cd from a friend and you listen to it a hundred time while your brother buy a creed cd and listen to it a dozen time
then one of your friend borrow your hendrix cd and listen to it a hundred times while the creed cd end up in the trash

there is nothing sad about good music not selling out, what is sad is music that gets left out because it wasnt worth remembering
so it isnt sad that the velvet underground first cd was mostly ignored and was a absolute commercial flop, what maters is that it was fucking fantastic music
what is really sad is when someone believe that how much money you can make out of music is somehow related to how much the music itself is worth

that you can make more sales today than what you could do back in the days is just common sense and thats a good thing, we dont live in a world where ed Sullivan is the only way youll ear about elvis and that the only way youll ear about ed sullivan is if you have a tv and live in the usa

so its irrelevant that artist of today can sell more
what is relevant is that back in the days they played good stuff on the radio and people who were big sellers often made fucking awesome music
but the thing is that the smaller the market the easier it is to please everyone
the bigger the market the harder it is to please everyone,
so if you mix everyones favorite color you end up with shit brown
its like mcdonalds and walmarts, you end up with a one size fits all kind of result, jack of all trades master of none, it aint really bad but it aint really good
which end up being really bad because its about nothing in particular, its got no soul, no charisma, no true identity or purpose other than to sell

so the music of today is worse if the only thing you listen to is commercial radio
but thanks to the internet you can access so much more than we ever could
and it even becomes irrelevant if its about the music of today or yesterday because we have access to it all and can choose as we please as to what we care to listen to
the quality has being going way up
people are so much more knowledgeable about music than they ever was
so much people are getting expose to so much good stuff
there never being a better time for music
and it doesnt mater if i dont care much about todays music because the music of today is the music we listen to
and we never being so awesome as to what we do listen to
and that sure aint disappointing