• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Quote Me A Piece Of Writing That You Really, Really Love :)

14212607_10157665780605314_1098284661525020358_n.jpg

"Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name," (Psalm 86:11, David, Holy Bible).

14433094_10157669264370314_8746883796874278026_n.jpg

"But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth," (Psalm 86:15, David, Holy Bible).

my favorite verse John 14:2
"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

Thomas Pynchon said:
"The next day her body was washed up on the beach. She had perished in a sea they would perhaps never succeed in calming any part of. Jackals had eaten her breasts. It seemed then that something had at last been brought to consummation since his arrival centuries ago on the troop ship Habicht, that had only as obviousness and immediacy to do with the sergeant-pederast's preference as to women or that old bubonic plague injection. If it were parable (which he doubted) it probably went to illustrate the progress of appetite or evolution of indulgence, both in a direction he found unpleasant to contemplate. If a season like the Great Rebellion ever came to him again, he feared, it could never be in that same personal, random array of picaresque acts he was to recall and celebrate in later years at best furious and nostalgic; but rather with a logic that chilled the comfortable perversity of the heart, that substituted capability for character, deliberate scheme for political epiphany (so incomparably African); and for Sarah, the sjambok, the dances of death between Warmbad and Keetmanshoop, the taut haunches of his Firelily, the black corpse impaled on a thorn tree in a river swollen with sudden rain, for these the dearest canvases in his soul's gallery, it was to substitute the bleak, abstracted and for him rather meaningless hanging on which he now turned his back, but which was to backdrop his retreat until he reached the Other Wall, the engineering design for a world he knew with numb leeriness nothing could now keep from becoming reality, a world whose full despair he, at the vantage of eighteen years later, couldn't even find adequate parables for, but a design whose first fumbling sketches he thought must have been done the year after Jacob Marengo died, on that terrible coast, where the beach between Luderitzbucht and the cemetery was actually littered each morning with a score of identical female corpses, an agglomeration no more substantial-looking than seaweed against the unhealthy yellow sand; where the soul's passage was more a mass migration across that choppy fetch of Atlantic the wind never left alone, from an island of low cloud, like an anchored prison ship, to simple integration with the unimaginable mass of their continent; where the single line of track still edged toward a Keetmanshoop that could in no conceivable iconology be any part of the Kingdom of Death; where, finally, humanity was reduced, out of a necessity which in his loonier moments he could almost believe was only Deutsch-Sudwestafrika's (actually he knew better), out of a confrontation the young of one's contemporaries, God help them, had yet to make, humanity was reduced to a nervous, disquieted, forever inadequate but indissoluble Popular Front against deceptively unpolitical and apparently minor enemies, enemies that would be with him to the grave: a sun with no shape, a beach alien as the moon's antarctic, restless concubines in barbed wire, salt mists, alkaline earth, the Benguela Current that would never cease bringing sand to raise the harbor floor, the inertia of rock, the frailty of flesh, the structural unreliability of thorns; the unheard whimper of a dying woman; the frightening but necessary cry of the strand wolf in the fog."

Not going to lie and pretend that I can understand the whole thing, but there is something majestic and beautiful in this passage despite the dark and heinous subject matter.

Not to mention the fact that is the most hilariously long (took up nearly one and a half pages) I have ever seen in my life. Only Pynchon could manage to do this without coming across as pretentious.

Last edited:
14355641_10157673695105314_2057237052012933239_n.jpg

"O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid," (Psalm 86:16, David, Holy Bible).

i get such a kick out of internet comments and reviews. like seriously this is the best weed review

went over there he already knew it was me so he literally made me wait for 15mins after I signed up wit them until I when to the window to ask what's taking long dude was on snapchat taking pictures like a bitch would! It was just all bad because ppl where coming in and he was letting them in while I was waiting so when I did go to the back all the bud tenders where faded all waxed out so there were slow af ! I'm a paying customer that just wants to get in and get out! And the worst part is that they only have 3 strains of weed on the shelf this place sucks the vibes sucks would not recommend sorry that I'm the only real one on there's comments

respect.

14359035_10157679145040314_3433326641147033495_n.jpg

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply ourhearts unto wisdom," (Psalm 90:12, Moses, Holy Bible).

14449060_10157683613110314_2152212987324355443_n.jpg

"O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker," (Psalm 95:6, David, Holy Bible).

“They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same,
but I don't think it's possible for you to miss me as much as I'm missing you right now”

It's weird because stuff happens, and

you don't notice it while it's happening.

You know what the best part is?

-what?

I'm not hooked. I can stop any time.

“In my books I’ve imagined people salting the Gulf Stream, damming the glaciers sliding off the Greenland ice cap, pumping ocean water into the dry basins of the Sahara and Asia to create salt seas, pumping melted ice from Antarctica north to provide freshwater, genetically engineering bacteria to sequester more carbon in the roots of trees, raising Florida 30 feet to get it back above water, and (hardest of all) comprehensively changing capitalism.” —Science fiction writer Kim Stanley Robinson, 2012

14364820_10157689434215314_8472345138802298052_n.jpg

"Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come. For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof," (Psalm 102:13-14, David, Holy Bible).

14502765_10157693265335314_6714563632860463325_n.jpg

"Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times," (Psalm 106:3, David, Holy Bible).

14517477_10157697645115314_6509116301302666976_n.jpg

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies," (Psalm 103:2-4, David, Holy Bible).

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they are going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of reward. Your life will never be the same again. - Og Mandino

“I am both happy and sad at the same time, and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”