• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Quote Me A Piece Of Writing That You Really, Really Love :)

The most foolish notion in modernism is really at least as old as Plato, the notion that there can be collective learning and transference of virtue, which will in time create utopia. Grand scale engineering solutions to human problems cannot heal the individual soul, but neither can turning back the metaphorical clock to past corruptions. If authentic faith means anything it means that the only authentic struggle against evil is within an individually cultivated virtue. As T.S. Eliot famously observed, "Ours is but the trying, the rest is not our business."

John Coltrane quote

To perceive again and this time it must be said, for all who read to know that no matter what, it is all with God. He is gracious and merciful. His way is in love, through which we all are.

Wherever and whoever you are, always strive to follow and walk in the right path and ask for aid and assistance...herein lies the ultimate and eternal happiness which is ours through His grace.

“The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful;
to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures;
and have courage when things go wrong.”

Let us then suppose the mind to be, as we say, white paper, void of all characters, without any ideas; how comes it to be furnished? whence comes it by that vast store, which the busy and boundless fancy of man has painted on it with an almost endless variety? Whence has it all the materials of reason and knowledge? To this I answer, in one word, from experience; in that, all out knowledge is founded. - Locke

14192736_10157612592720314_4407097227416625039_n.jpg

"Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore," (Psalm 37:27, King David, Holy Bible).

14291678_10157617490620314_134699743431939795_n.jpg

"By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me," (Psalm 41:11, King David, Holy Bible).

The socialization process for children in the United States is strictly slanted to bourgeois standards and geared towards security, consumption and materialist competition. It is a yoke not easily shed, which sadly later on often leads to desperation amidst a fulsome artificial happiness. Listening to what cannot be thought of is lacking, preventing all access to an inner life. Individual materialist isolation unfortunately creates strangulated human souls. Any deviation from this set pattern is discouraged in pre-school children as being anti-social, nerdish and not mentally normal. Those who break away are often those sensitive individuals who shield themselves by eccentricity. Unfortunate shields include “mental illness” in its many forms and chemical and/or alcohol dependency.

"What writers have is a license and also the freedom to sit—to sit, clench their fists, and make themselves be excruciatingly aware of the stuff that we’re mostly aware of only on a certain level. And that if the writer does his job right, what he basically does is remind the reader of how smart the reader is. Is to wake the reader up to stuff that the reader’s been aware of all the time." - DFW

14330003_10157624589790314_3760750241944005295_n.jpg

"Thou art my King, O God: command deliverances for Jacob," (Psalm 44:4, King David, Holy Bible).

14212752_10157628254680314_6689394604416979219_n.jpg

"Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When God bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad," (Psalm 53:6a, David, Holy Bible).

“Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."
Mark Twain

"The virtue lies in the struggle, not the prize." - fortune cookie

“I sit here before my computer, Amiguita, my altar on top of the monitor with the Virgen de Coatlalopeuh candle and copal incense burning. My companion, a wooden serpent staff with feathers, is to my right while I ponder the ways metaphor and symbol concretize the spirit and etherealize the body. The Writing is my whole life, it is my obsession. This vampire which is my talent does not suffer other suitors. Daily I court it, offer my neck to its teeth. This is the sacrifice that the act of creation requires, a blood sacrifice. For only through the body, through the pulling of flesh, can the human soul be transformed.

And for images, words, stories to have this transformative power, they must arise from the human body--flesh and bone--and from the Earth's body--stone, sky, liquid, soil. This work, these images, piercing tongue or ear lobes with cactus needle, are my offerings, are my Aztecan blood sacrifices.”

-Gloria E. Anzaldúa, Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza

14322204_10157632736435314_1881245206020112594_n.jpg

"And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest," (Psalm 55:6, David, Holy Bible).

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”

14369879_10157636823475314_4446875934630132889_n.jpg

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved," (Psalm 55:22, David, Holy Bible).

14358817_10157641178390314_4804044926800534885_n.jpg

"Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee," (Psalm 56:12, David, Holy Bible).

1. Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.
  2. Never use a long word where a short one will do.
  3. If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.
  4. Never use the passive where you can use the active.
  5. Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word, or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.
  6. Break any of these rules sooner than say anything outright barbarous.

RE: Political language — and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists — is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.

-George Orwell: ‘Politics and the English Language’

14368817_10157657033390314_2157084591941104698_n.jpg

"The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory," (Psalm 64:10, David, Holy Bible).

14317593_10157661055130314_1783433628592730392_n.jpg

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah," (Psalm 68:19, David, Holy Bible).

whenever i see the word Selah i think of the Lauryn Hill song. lyrics copypasta
NSFW:
Nothing can be done against the truth
no matter how we remain in denial, yeah
Wasting time, replacing time with each empty excuse
but that'll only work a little while
Coping with despair, knowing you're not there
ashamed to just admit I've been a fool
So I blame it on the sun, run away from everyone
hoping to escape this ridicule

Trapped in misery, wrapped so miserably
and this deception, I wear it like a skin
Dying to maintain, oh I keep trying to explain
a heart that never loved me to begin
Oh I'm such a mess, I have no choice but to confess
that I've been desperately trying to belong
Lieing to myself and everybody else
refusing to admit my right was wrong, and then he came..

Selah, oh and it means
Praise and meditation, and then he came
Selah, oh and it means
Did you think about that, and then he came
Selah, oh and it means
Praise and meditation, and then he came
Selah, oh and it means
That it is seen

How beautiful is fruit still in denial of its roots
my guilty heart behaves so foolishly
This treason from within that reasons with my sin
won't be happy till it sees the death of me