• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

I've never tried Ibogaine, but I can tell you my experience using other psychedelics in low doses with the intent of getting stimulant / nootropic effects.

2C-I @ 2-4mg , LSD @ ~25ug , DOC at 250ug , 4acoDMT @ 2-4mg, are the experiences I'm drawing upon for these comments, and other times I can't remember specifically. What has always happened to me is that I get a light trip (yes even a quarter milligram of DOC!) and it becomes more distracting than anything. I have never found a psychedelic were I could take a low dose and actually become more motivated or focused. For me it's like a fine line between being slightly off baseline and annoyed that I'm not just sober or stoned, or having an unexpected ++ trip.

Your mileage may vary. If Ibogaine is an ally for you it may be worth a shot. For my nootropic / mild stimulant purposes I think I'll be sticking to Piracetam.

2c-t-21 is the only psychedelic that I have found that works well in small doses for stimulant/nootropic effects. However, I find it preferable to amphetamine for school work and the sort.

Strikes me as a bad idea, although I have not tried ibogaine ... my understanding is that it is a serious psychedelic not for the lighthearted but rather something to take when you have serious work you are trying to get done, and also that it is not the most physiologically benign alkaloid out there.

I have been known to take low dose LSD as a nootropic t ohelp with things like cleaning or gardening or staying awake to get things accomplished (in the name of har mreduction I'm not even going to say it but those of you who go to a lot of shows/festivals probably know what I'm gonna say). Your mileage may vary though.

psilocin works really well in low doses (like 2-4mg). Its like a creative stimulant nootropic.

I believe the traditional use of iboga generally emplyed it as a stimulant. I wouldn't be willing to try out such a drug simply to get revved up though, but I do believe you can titrate doses to get the effects you want...

You have to be careful of the long lasting effects on your brain chemistry. Daniel Pinchbeck (I know...) said that for months after his Iboga experience he only needed 4-6 hours of sleep and felt a constant caffeine-like stimulation. This could be what you are looking for, but it could also easily be too much of it... It is also supposed to have a "reset-button" like effect on dopamine and seratonin receptors (Anecdotal as far as I know... Don't cite me on this.) Hence it's use in helping break drug addiction. Yeah I think it might be dangerous, seeing as you will probably be using other drugs in that crucial time period, likely things not explored by the Bwiti... I could see this easily escalating to a "African jungle spirits have infested my house!"-type situation, not good for you or anyone else wishing to find a legitimate use for this spirit helper!

It's expensive, very rare and much better suited for giving a pharmacological kick up the arse, than using lower doses just for simple stimulant effects (when there is a whole range of stimulants much more easily available)

The best analogy (if somewhat over the top - it is Sunday morning though!) is that using ibogaine as a stimulant instead of what it's known best for is like using bits of the Magna Carta for wiping your arse because you don't currently have any bog roll to hand

My experience with a 73 mg "test dose" resulted in a mild, nonstimulant-like inebriation--but it's impossible to say what this could have turned into given that I threw down the remaining 657 mg psychedelic dose within an hour.

A couple of months later, I snorted 50 mg as an experiment--and this resulted in a similar mild inebriation that never really went anywhere.

So I would say that 150-200 mg (for an 80 kg person, i.e. ~1.8 - 2.5 mg/kg) would be a good starting-point for exploring the stimulant effects of ibogaine.

The tribes that use iboga route generally ingest a dose of somewhere around 200mg (obviously that'll vary due to different concentrations of the drug in different plants) as a stimulant to go hunting. Apparently it allows them to be able to stand totally motionless for a few hours while stalking prey - they can afford to use it like that as they have access to fuck off amounts of the plant material, but in a country like the US where it's scheduled it's a different matter altogether

Well the price is typically $300/g, so experimentation with stimulant doses could be done for $45-60 per experiment--not that far off-the-wall for someone interested in these properties...

I list the price only as an approximation of experimental value, and not to compare it with dealer "A" vs. dealer "B." If anyone finds this is still a violation of the BLUA, please hit "delete"... :)

That's it though, $50 to experiment with stimulant properties seems very pricey, whereas $300 and the end result is a freedom from an addiction is a bargain in anybody's language

ibogaine seems like its not liveing up to its potiential, herion w/d is pretty bad and i think ibogaine shud be given more thought when looking i guess to detox. Also it is legal in canada, y isn't it used more?

I actually bought 5 grams of Ibogaine root bark powder from a japanese smart shop in Tokyo and split it with my girlfriend and gave the rest to a friend, so we each did 1.5 grams... it was nice... a good way to make friends with the plant and it worked as a stimulant... but it wasn't that great (there are better stimulants!) and I wouldn't say it was the best usage of this plant!

Julian.

isnt 1 bare minimum dose of iboga rootbark 7grams(per person). Voacanga has the carboxylated verson of ibogaine, so after doing a simple extract, just one simple decarboxylation process is all that's necessary to complete the conversion to ibogaine and its much cheaper/legal than trying to obtaine ibogaine/iboga(atleast in the states)

isnt 1 bare minimum dose of iboga rootbark 7grams(per person). Voacanga has the carboxylated verson of ibogaine, so after doing a simple extract, just one simple decarboxylation process is all that's necessary to complete the conversion to ibogaine and its much cheaper/legal than trying to obtaine ibogaine/iboga(atleast in the states)

well, feel free to do the chemistry and let us know how this material works for you!

1.5 grams is a stimulant dose... take 20mg of strong Ibogaine root bark and many people will feel something for a short period of time.

Julian.

^I was able to find out the basics of how to do this by searching for voacangine conversion with Google. Indeed, it does sound very easy and much more economical, but my admittedly cursory search didn't reveal an actual TEK. If novice chemists looking to kick their addiction with ibogaine in countries where it's illegal were going to do the conversion with some standardized voacanga extract, I think there should be some kind of guidance so they know the rough output of ibogaine their getting and how much to take. It could potentially help a lot of people that can't obtain, or can't afford, ibogaine.

[Edit]: One report regarding conversion: "Extraction of V. africana trunk bark using vinegar (see the experimental section) was highly successful in isolating crude alkaloids. However, extensive attempts to isolate or even identify voacangine in this mixture, or to convert the mixture into ibogaine according to the patent, were completely unsuccessful."

Last edited:
Well, it would be interesting to compare how effacious different forms of ibogaine are with heroin addicts in some kind of trial or study.

I can only imagine, that plain ibogaine root bark would be most effacious, then a pure ibogaine extract (it is virtually impossible to synthesise ibogaine as far as I know), then extracts where the ibogaine has been derived from other alkaloids.

Anyway, that's my theory and it would take a big study to really compare results between people and what phenomena they experience and how different it is, between the type of ibogaine they have taken.

All that I have heard of the pure extract, does not sound as good as what people experience with the plain ole root bark.

The primary aspect of the Ibogaine experience is that you are often experiencing the plant as a teacher and healer within your system... that is just what the greater majority of people report and for me, having experienced that - it's just the way it is.

And then you have these people like Deborah Mash, trying to "crack the code" of how ibogaine works on the brain in some kind of ultra reductionistic way... surely these studies are useful to a degree, but unfortunately, the paradigm at hand right now doesn't even talk about or consider the possibility of plant teachers.

But that is the overwhelming experience of many, if not most of the people who take this and for me that's just how it is, as it is with many plants.

Julian.

Thanks fixingahole. I did, however, come across that semi-synthesis stuff, too. I guess what I'm getting at is that, given the potential for harm reduction that ibogaine may have, there should be an extremely simple and straightforward TEK that uses materials that can be bought within a few miles of any place inside a city.

Maybe it's out there already and I just missed it, but if someone wants to take a stab at it, remember that the language of such a TEK shouldn't intimidate people who don't have much chemistry knowledge from attempting it; their attempt may mean the difference between freedom and addiction, or, depending on the their condition and how well ibogaine actually works for them, even life and death. To be accessible to the greatest number, that means supplying brand names and concrete examples, keeping it short, and not overwhelming people who may already feel desperate and unsure of themselves with alternative syntheses, multiple purifying steps, and chemistry argot. It's clear from looking at the semi-synthesis stuff that such a TEK is feasible. Standardized voacanga extract is legal, comparatively inexpensive, and just a click away, and things like lye, ammonia, vinegar, pool cleaner, jars, stove tops etc., can substitute well enough for higher grade materials to get the job done. All that needs to happen is for someone with more chemistry knowledge than I have to figure out how to make it as easy and convenient as possible and then spread the word on the internet.

I know people who've taken A LOT of psychedelics like we're talking lots of Ayahuasca ceremonies and even people who were addicted to heroin who used Ibogaine as a way to try to get off of opiates (it didn't work at all for helping them quit their heroin/opiate addiction) and they all told me how it's not something you'd just take for fun or just take to see what it's like and how they had horrible experiences with it. The person who was very experienced with Ayahuasca said how the experience was quite hellish and how it took a long time for them to recover both mentally and emotionally after their Ibogaine experience.

I've never taken it but I have no desire to or a reason to.