• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

wow: k9, OHM, Dr. Mario, Purist Love.

Things really were better back in the day. :)

Considering the general lack of data on Ibogaine, especially in regards to experiences, I have decided to Big and Dandify this thread for discussion and information about Iboga/Ibogaine! So please share whatever you've got. :)

Thanks Xorkoth :)

Divine Winds: could you please post a summary of your experiences with Ibogaine? that would be of utmost interest to me and I'm sure others.

I've had stored enough rootbark for 1 medium dose, but I was never one for long-lasting psychedelic or PNS stimulation so chances are I may not have the chance to take it anytime soon...

ill do so soon, and i should have a new report in the near future, im going to try an extract this time instead of just the ibogaine.
and for now, heres a bunch of experiences:

http://ibogaine.co.uk/experience.htm

great site...

p.s. hope you guys liked those vids. i was thinking of making a thread to post video links-ive got tons! all kinds of psychoactive subject matter...
maybe someone out there has one i havent seen!
whatcha think?

"Yeah I have read an article, in Creative Loafing (a libral magazine, thats printed here in GA) how a patient who was undergoing addiction treatment, with the help of Ibogian, and durring a Ibogain session she died, and it was later found that she had snuck into the bathroom and snorted a line, of herion. They didt say why she died, but I have even though I cant find any proof on this, Ive always thought that Ibogiane is a MOAI, and because of that the Herion killed her, this opens up a new possibilty of for her death, on how her Narcotic receptors, were fryed and the Herion acted as a poison.
And in refrance about Ibogian tripping, it seems that you are able to vividly relive memories, but mosly the bad ones, like it gives you a chance to go live that memory agian in side your mind, and make the right chioce, instead of the wrong one. Ive always thought that Treatment for addiction using ibogian was a psychological thing, not physical. Oh well I learned something new today."

its been said that ibogaine is like a receptor reset, and ive read a lot about it bringing tolerance back down to zero and about deaths and difficulties as a result. she likely went with her standard dose which ,without her previous tolerance, was fatal. im not sure about ibogaine having potentiating effects but this may also be a factor.ive also heard nothing except the above about frying receptors.

hope my 2 cents made sense...

when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change

namaste

Ibogaine.

Hey everyone,
My Aunt, who is 33. Recently became addicted to crack.
You see her boyfriend is//was a trucker and when he would make deliveries to the united states he could pick it up really cheap make it take it back home and smoke it with my aunt.
My aunt is no longer with him but now is unrelentingly addicted to it.

She recently recieved 25,000 dollars and she has about... 4000 left.*she threw her back out at work*
(We're taking about 2 weeks here people...) shes already started asking family members for money again... but i think the worst part of it all is... she has 2 kids.

Now her to kids are as smart as whips. but she has them totally in the dark about this whole chasing a rock thing. You have to see it as.... these kids are her life. She smokes rock to basically be super mom because she doesn't have anything else to really live for. She's addicted as fuck and you can see it in her eyes she wants to quit but shes so high on it all the time its just like... MOAR GIVE MOAR NOW TO MEE FEED THE DEMON....

Now...i've read alot about ibogaine... how it resets mental triggers... i have read a post (like ... awhile ago) about someone who was heavily addicted to opiates i think and he tried ibogaine and it was like sweet sweet chemical release forever...

I was wondering what anyone could tell me about ibogaine...
Personally... if i made it into a Rock form and she smoked it lol... what would happen.... not like i'll probably ever find it...
I tried ayahuasca to see if it could be something that was social enough that i could do with her... but no that instead ended up being one of the most rectifying trips of my life... i freed myself from many a hidden demon...

But its one of those things she wouldnt be able to swallow... she likes to trip out on occasion Mushrooms... MDMA things like that...

I currently have some 2c-e... i find that substance to be a very LIFE AFFIRMING substance... but unfortunately once again its a rush... she would come down from the rush and probably be like MOAR PLZ

Do any of you know of any other substances that are good at killing cocaine addiction...

You see... my family agrees with me on this... if we go to like a social worker or something and her kids get taken away... its fucking game over and hello rock city... like she would be able to walk out of a treatment facility here in canada... i am fairly certain... anyways... yeah thats my story lol

Don't ask me why i typed this... i just felt overcame :)

Merged in a new thread about ibogaine. FYI, the Best of PD page is your friend... check it out for existing threads before posting a new thread about a substance. ;)

Tobala has some recent experience with cocaine addiction and ibogaine... perhaps he will comment.

You seem to be suggesing making ibogaine into a form that looks like crack and have her smoke it... not only is this most probably impossible, but much more important, NEVER trick someone into consuming psychedelics... such a thing would be terribly irresponsible. :| Ibogaine is an epic journey, which can be very uncomfortable and tremendously intense. it's not going to be fun... most likely it will be painful. But it seems to work very well at what it does.

I do think ibogaine is something that could help. You said you can tell she wants to quit. Well then, see if you can get her to agree to take some ibogaine. Be her trip sitter.

lol yeah i know... i was saying that as a delightful joke :p (tee hee)
DMT anyone :p lol

I agree with you on the whole trip sitter thing... i would have to be there her kids would have to be there... hell my mom would have to be there and it would probably be a joyous occassion.... all i have to say is... it makes me feel good that hopeless people have hope if they choose to search for it.

Ibogaine

Hi,
why there is no "Big and Dandy Ibogaine thread" ?

Anyone have experiences with lower doses of ibogaine?
I'm thinking about extraction with acetone and hydrochloric acid. Any advices?

greets

patitafon

Does anyone have an idea how long iboga and ibogaine stay good? My iboga has a label and says it has expired a while ago. Would it still work? I can't take freaking stimulating drugs for now because of my braindamage, epilepsy etc.

patitafon said:
Hi,
why there is no "Big and Dandy Ibogaine thread" ?

Anyone have experiences with lower doses of ibogaine?
I'm thinking about extraction with acetone and hydrochloric acid. Any advices?

greets

patitafon

I might try about 100mg ibogaine sometime to see if it can help my poly drug use habit and to quit smoking.....again...

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a recipy for extracting ibogaine but i think i have a tek somewhere.

what's the dosage of both iboga root and pure ibogaine? how high is the alkaloid content in the root? what's the best way to ingest the root?

>what's the dosage of both iboga root and pure ibogaine?

it really does vary in dosage depending on what effect you want to acheive... and is usually dependant on body weight.

there is some date on this on this site if you want to look it up!

http://www.ibogaine.desk.nl

pure ibogaine btw, is always from the plant, nobody has yet synthesised it...

>how high is the alkaloid content in the root?

it varies between around 3-6% alkaloid content as I recall...so you have got to know how strong your root bark is, before dosing up on it.

>what's the best way to ingest the root?

root is pretty much useless I am told... root bark is what you want... try mashing it up in banana and eating it that way... I am told this helps assimilation... or you can just chew... but oh, the taste!

Julian.

I shoot dope. not daily, but I cant seem to really shake my addiction for opiates. I find even if all is well I still fall back on them to cope. I mean I really enjoy opiates, but I also would like to fully enjoy life/time without them. Now Iv dosed my self retarded three ways from Tuesday on a number of psychedelics. Iv even had a stint of addiction like behavior with those as well. The whole psychedelic experience is normal to me now. Nothing to exciting happens anymore. Sure every time is unique but the uniqueness isn't that special anymore.

Would ibogaine still be a viable option for me? Another thing, would it help even if I'm not ready to quick shooting dope? my not readiness is due to the fact that I still enjoy it, but I want that enjoyment and thoughts to leave me so that I can be ready to quit. Its not ruining my life but once it came close.

http://www.ibogaine.desk.nl/experience-1097.html I have a feeling my experience would be like this.

edit, after reading some of the reports, it seems like the experience just psychedelic in nature. and I have already experienced alot of what is reported on other substances.

Last edited:
>would it help even if I'm not ready to quick shooting dope?

Maybe... but you are resetting your system and shooting "dope" won't work for two weeks after taking the iboga.

There are stories of people, who after taking ibogaine, who were into EVERYTHING, now do not even drink tea!

This is very powerful stuff... I would recommend giving up dope first for sure.

It's not something you take casually... I did it a bit less than two years ago... and have wanted to do it ever since then! For one thing, you have to give it 3-4 days in order to really come back properly.

Julian.

Low dose ibogaine as a stimulant

has anyone used it this way? how does it compare to other stimulants?