• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Monkey grip by Helen garner

One of the best books Iv laid eyes on in recent years

A woman falls in love with a heroin addict

^ I plan on reading that once it becomes available at the local library.

Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies
(2014)
Nick Bostrom
(rather complicated mess imo)

I'm on chapter 41 of The Count of Monte Cristo

in chapter 40, the count describes his home-made pills made of hashish and opium, which he uses for sleep.

It surprises me that all of this must have not been on my radar when I first read the book as a young child.

The Old Man and the Sea written by Ernest Hemingway

I read that on a plane lol. Not quite sure if I still have it.

I really want to get into more fiction, like I used to. I found those stories so much more atmospheric and inspiring than the biographical or political-nonfiction that I've been reading for the last year. An interesting nonfiction just ALWAYS catches my eye while I'm book shopping. Next time there will be a conscious effort to buy a great novel instead.

Currently reading Kill the Messenger, a nonfiction based around Gary Webb, who associated the Iran-Contra scandal to the crack epidemic in the US.

I think my next read will be The Tenth of December by George Saunders. I really need some satire in my life.

Last edited:
on chapter 42 of The Count of Monte Cristo; really loving it. :)

I really want to get into more fiction
check out War and Peace (if you like historical fiction) - utterly amazing read.

now on chapter 46. Such a lovely book. :D I'm so glad to have gotten a good way through this book.

I'm reading Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb (book 2) i'm wating to read the last chapter until I recieve the next book Dragon City so I don't have to deal with the yearning to read more and have to be satisfied with just waiting one more day. It's a wonderfull book about dragons. I enjoyed her version of dragons. She made them with such pride that was crossed with rudeness. It really shows an attitude that I think dragons should have when shown in movies and other stories. It makes me dislike seeing them as big strong creatures with gentle hearts.

I've just started PiHKAL by the great Alexander and Ann Shulgin. They are both so awesome and inspiring. Love them and looking forward to getting deep into this book.