• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Reading my 49 post cause I will be a highlighter now.
And the will to power by nietzsche

Am currently reading 'Blazing Star' by Alexander Larman. It's about John Wilmot the Earl of Rochester, and let me tell you, he was quite the lad! Good book though, and I mostly read it late at night when I can't get to sleep.

Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice. Amazing description and imagery. I have never read anything by this author but this book is captivating. I'm only about twenty pages in.

American Gods - Neil Gaiman

This is my second (or third?) read on this, its a great book full of humour and everything else you would expect from the mind of Gaiman. Highly reccommended

Last Exit To Brooklyn - Hubert Selby Jr.

I'm only two chapters in and really enjoying it so far, I read Requiem For A Dream last year and it was my introduction to Selby. Love his writing style, it takes more effort to follow than other books but so worth it IMO.

I should add that I've just finished The Counsellor by Cormac McCarthy which was the first screen play I've ever read, it's a really short read but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Black House // Stephen King & Peter Straub

I loved The Talisman, so I decided to try for the sequel this time! Not as good as the original, so far. Just by a little bit, though. I am only on page 160 so far, though, and there are over 600. We shall see :)

Black House // Stephen King & Peter Straub

I loved The Talisman, so I decided to try for the sequel this time! Not as good as the original, so far. Just by a little bit, though. I am only on page 160 so far, though, and there are over 600. We shall see :)

Wow The Talisman is one of my favorite books of all time! I love most of King's work though the more current novels are pretty bad and incomparable to earlier works like Four Seasons, The Shining,The Stand, It, etc. I have to check out Black House next.

Im reading 'Neuromancer' by William Gibson, for the Nth time. It's one of a few books that I feel compelled to re-read every few years. The only problem I have with it is that it causes terrible cravings, so it can ruin my day, despite being one of my favorite books. I finished 'Brasyl' by Ian McDonald not long ago. Science fiction, also, (quantum physics, the nature of reality,Many-Worlds interpretation

(I am sorry- i tried to edit but it simply did not work. It could be my cellphone; every time I tried to write, it changed the location of the pointer. Also, im new and sober. I apologise)

Currently reading "Naked" by David Sedaris, and reading the same 3 books to my son every.freakin.night which are "Grimms Fairytales", "Goodnight Goon" (an awesome parody to Goodnight Moon) and "Are you my mother?"

I used to read almost a book a day, but after giving birth to my heathen, its down to one a week.
Some of my favored authors are bukowski, margaret attwood, vonnegut, cormac mccarthy, alex garland, burroughs, upton sinclair john fante, martin amis, sylvia plath, hubert selby jr, and so so many more!

oh, and anyone with similar interests..i love good book recommendations!

Currently reading "Naked" by David Sedaris, and reading the same 3 books to my son every.freakin.night which are "Grimms Fairytales", "Goodnight Goon" (an awesome parody to Goodnight Moon) and "Are you my mother?"

I used to read almost a book a day, but after giving birth to my heathen, its down to one a week.
Some of my favored authors are bukowski, margaret attwood, vonnegut, cormac mccarthy, alex garland, burroughs, upton sinclair john fante, martin amis, sylvia plath, hubert selby jr, and so so many more!

oh, and anyone with similar interests..i love good book recommendations!

Atwood is my all-time favourite author. What books of hers have you read?
I tend to stick to gritty dystopian novels or novels about drug abuse like Candy, Trainspotting or Requiem For a Dream.
Have you read classic 'fucked up' books like A Clockwork Orange and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest?

Atwood is my all-time favourite author. What books of hers have you read?
I tend to stick to gritty dystopian novels or novels about drug abuse like Candy, Trainspotting or Requiem For a Dream.
Have you read classic 'fucked up' books like A Clockwork Orange and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest?

my obvious fav of hers would be a handmaids tale, but ive read: "The year of the flood", "Bodily harm", "moral disorder", "the door", "good bones", "morning in the burned house", and "up in the tree".
yes! love "classic fucked up books", and all the titles you mentioned I have read (cept Candy, whos that by?) and love.

my obvious fav of hers would be a handmaids tale, but ive read: "The year of the flood", "Bodily harm", "moral disorder", "the door", "good bones", "morning in the burned house", and "up in the tree".
yes! love "classic fucked up books", and all the titles you mentioned I have read (cept Candy, whos that by?) and love.

Candy is by Luke Davies, it's a love story with drug addiction chucked in for good measure ;) I highly recommend it, sounds like we enjoys the same types of books and I loved it.
Alias Grace and The Blind Assassain are other good Atwood novels, as well as the sequels to Year Of The Flood which are Oryx & Crake and MaddAddam :D

I'm on chapter 32 of count of monte cristo

in chapter 31, sinbad the sailor (aka edmond dantes) smokes hash with this other guy. pretty good scene.

following the controversy surrounding the "documentary" exit through the gift shop and the robbo v's banksy debate; i picked up a copy of will ellsworth-jones "banksy - the man behind the wall".

display-banksy.jpg

...kytnism...:|

My favorite author is by far Brett Easton Ellis. Second runner up would have to be Chuck Palahniuk, as far as fiction. I saw some one mention Luke Davis, and Candy is in my top 5. As of right now I just finished Schopenhaur's The Art of Controversy, and have moved on to Nietzsche's The Will To Power. Good thread !