Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked A Quiet Place as well. Loved how short and to the point it was.

Florida Project is amazing and so true to life. That "tourist strip" along US Hwy. 192 in Kissimmee is depressing as fuck. Nothing but hookers, drug dealers, low rent motels and cheap buffet restaurants for miles. Meant to see The Death of Stalin while it was at the local arthouse but didn't get around to it.

Love Wes Anderson films. Can't pick a favorite. Had I had children, I imagine it would be like having to pick your favorite kid.

Last new release movie I saw in the theater was Winchester. I wanted to see it because I've toured the Winchester mansion in San Jose. It was cool to see the house again via the movie, but the film itself was a bust. Even Helen Mirren couldn't salvage it. And the plot has very little to do with the real story of the Winchester mansion. I did go to see Grosse Pointe Blank as part of my local art theater's "Cult Classics" series. Hadn't seen it since I saw it in the theater 21 years ago. Want to go see Quiet Place sometime soon.

Last edited:
Watched the 'Ready Player One' the other day, really enjoyed it!

Just saw Death of Stalin. It was fantastic. I may have to own it. The buffoonery and ineptitude of the Soviet leadership in the wake of Stalin's death, at least in the way it was made to look in the movie, kind of has scary parallels with the present and [recently] past American governments.

Saving time to see how some of the series like La Casa de Papel in Netflix. The way they ended the first season was a bit frustrating as it really did not end. If you want to train your Espanol’ it can be catchy- especially in the first half of the season.

Just saw Death of Stalin. It was fantastic. I may have to own it. The buffoonery and ineptitude of the Soviet leadership in the wake of Stalin's death, at least in the way it was made to look in the movie, kind of has scary parallels with the present and [recently] past American governments.

Saw it last year at the cinema. It was a good laugh, well worth watching.

just figured out how to install Showbox on my PC, and am currently watching 'Jupiter Ascending' w/ Mila Kunis. So far it isn't a bad movie, if you like sci-fi stuff then you would like this movie.

Just saw Isle of dogs by Wes Anderson.

I can?t explain it too well, but excellent movie.
Classic Wes Anderson style.

I will definitely see this again.

Last edited:
^
Sounds like a movie i'd like to see.

Just watched 'Annihilation'.

Guess i'm on a scifi/fantasy kick, really cool movie if you are into weird stuff.

Saw the British horror film Ghost Stories at the local arthouse theater last night. Loved it. My take on it was it was kind of a dark comedy. A really, really dark one.

Watched the first 20 mins of You Were Never Really Here and conked - slightly tired by day, and slightly bored by film - had seen trailer and had anticipatory expectations but my attention span cant deal with anything that gives no glimpse into the character of a film.

Will attempt to give it a second go, at some other stage.

Cocktail

I like Com Truise more than most, but even he couldn't save such a horrible flick. Still, not as bad as many modern films. I always enjoy a good shitty 80s flick, if only to revel in a time I never knew.

6/10

I also loved this movie. Went with my 89 year old mom and we laughed our way through it. "We need a good doctor!" "We killed them all.We killed all the good doctors." "Well then get a bad doctor." "We killed most of them, too."

I also loved this movie. Went with my 89 year old mom and we laughed our way through it. "We need a good doctor!" "We killed them all.We killed all the good doctors." "Well then get a bad doctor." "We killed most of them, too."
That was a great moment. Reminded me of a joke one of my Russian friends told me:

An old man goes to the grocery store soon after the collapse of the USSR and having seen the bare shelves one time too many starts ranting about economic conditions when a man walks up to him and tells him, be careful, remember in the recent past such talk would get you [mimes firing a gun at one's temple]. The old man returns home and the wife asks, "are they out of bread again?" to which the old man replies, "it's even worse, now they're out of bullets too."

Anyway back to the movie, I thought everything about it was great. The music sounded like Shostakovich I had never heard or played in my former life as a symphony orchestra musician and it turns out it was all original. Which is quite amazing - it really could pass for "real" Shostakovich. And Steve Buscemi hit the nail on the head with his portrayal of Nikita Khrushchev - he was regarded as a clown by his peers and he ended up outmaneuvering them all.

i watched 'ready player one'. it was pretty good but the book is 5 times better.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.