Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just trying to lower people's expectations. Don't expect a great film and you will enjoy yourself.
There are some seriously large plot holes, and some very corny\pretentious dialogue, but it has it's moments.

I'd give it 2/5

Last edited:
I was just trying to lower people's expectations. Don't expect a great film and you will enjoy yourself.
There are some seriously large plot holes, and some very corny\pretentious dialogue, but it has it's moments.

I'd give it 2/5

Ah, I see.

I do often think people are disappointed with movies simply because they have too high of expectations. It's one reason I don't like to watch previews of movies because they sometimes mislead me of the storyline and/or get me pumped up with too high of expectations. If that happens I can usually appreciate it the second time I watch it. That's much more time consuming though.

I watched two movies last night.

First I watched The Fault In our Stars. I was very surprised by how much I liked this movie. I'm not usually a big fan of teenage love stories but this one was different. It has a really good pace and the lead actress puts in an excellent performance. The script is a little clunky and heavy handed in certain parts. Especially the scenes that have interaction between the kids and adults. But other than that small complaint I thought it was a really well done film. I got a little emotional seeing Hazel suffer in certain parts. The actress did a really good job of projecting vulnerability but still being sexually attractive. At one point a was like yeah I would hit that cancer and all. 4/5 stars.

The next movie I watched was Inside Man. Spike Lee directing a heist movie with Denzel Washington "this ought to be interesting I thought" as the movie opened. First the cinemotagraphy is on point as usual for spike. The first half of the film feels like a really good Hiest movie with a flair for social commentary. The second part is where it takes off. Without giving too much away the plot unfolds in a way that caught me off guard. I really liked this movie. 4/5

Still Alice gave me nightmares. I am scurred.

I also saw A Nightmare on Elm Street, which was Johnny Depp's film debut. The concept is somewhat scary, but Freddy Krueger was pretty goofy and uncoordinated. I know this movie predates Home Alone by a few years, but there was some Home Alone-esque booby traps. She makes it so when he opens a door a sledge hammer swings down and hits him in the stomach. So Home Alone. Freddy Krueger and the Wet Bandits.

the theory of everything.

im not sure yet how i felt about it and will need to rewatch it as it struck me initially as a combination of titanic/romeo and juliet (it almost had a baz luhrmann feel to it) meets mozart and the whale. still, i enjoyed it.

...kytnism...:|

I was watching Warrior last night and was totally into it. Had about 20-25 minutes left and then the DVD stops working. Cleaned the disc, tried taking it out and putting it in again, tried a different DVD player, none of it was working. So now I must wait until I get a new copy to see the end of this movie. I can see why it was ranked so well on IMDB. it's a pretty intense film. Tom Hardy is a beast in it. His character is a beast of a man and he portrays him as such. His trapezius' are off the hook!

So after that disappointment I watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. It was kind of a funny, but I wouldn't call it an excellent adventure.

I've got a little more than half hour left in Guardians of the Galaxy. It's better than I thought it would be. I like Chris Pratt, though I know him best as Andy Dwyer.

I'm still annoyed that I didn't get to finish Warrior yet.

I've been watching a lot of Ozu films lately. I've seen Tokyo Story and Late Spring. Both were amazing.

The latest film I watched was "I Was Born, But..." by Ozu. It's a silent era film and surprisingly clever and funny.

Decided to revisit my childhood and watch Matilda. Directed by Danny Devito who is the narrator throughout the film as well as playing her father, a few connections I failed to make as a kid. Overall I enjoyed the film thoroughly for nostalgic value alone.

But hey I also just wanted to give a shout out to Roald Dahl, the author of so many amazing children novels later adapted to film. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Witches, James and the Giant Peach, forgive me if I am forgetting some. He wrote a lot of other amazing works as well. The man is a legend.

I've heard a lot of buzz about it, and just watched it this weekend. Snowpiercer!!!!! If you like dystopian flicks your gonna love this one. Ultraviolent and visually spectacular. Adapted from some obscure French comic book, directed by Bong joon -ho. Check it out you will not be disappointed unless your idea of great cinema is Twilight or Hunger Games....but hey i'll turn off my judgment lock button.

Decided to revisit my childhood and watch Matilda. Directed by Danny Devito who is the narrator throughout the film as well as playing her father, a few connections I failed to make as a kid. Overall I enjoyed the film thoroughly for nostalgic value alone.

But hey I also just wanted to give a shout out to Roald Dahl, the author of so many amazing children novels later adapted to film. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Witches, James and the Giant Peach, forgive me if I am forgetting some. He wrote a lot of other amazing works as well. The man is a legend.

The BFG! My kids used to fall out of bed laughing at the language in that one. I love Roald Dahl. (I was just thinking the other day about how most of the classic children's authors came from the UK. C.S. Lewis, Beatrix Potter, AA Milne, Louis Carroll, Robert Lewis Stevenson, Lynne Reid Banks, Kenneth Grahame, Tolkien...and the list goes on!)

Status
Not open for further replies.