• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What personality type are you?

What is your Myers-Briggs/Keirsey Personality Type?

• Total voters
ENTJ (Fieldmarshall). It was not a surprise to me at all.

I find that these tests are at least to me, VERY easy to manipulate, and it's easy to rig what you get as a final result even though the questions are very general and offer only one of two choices.

Last edited:
Ha! Woulda thunk there was a technical term for "arsewater"? Live and learn...

Hahahaahahahahaha! =D

Although given I got "I" and "P" on that test it kinda proves half my point ;)

If I were to take that test again next week, next month, next year - probably even tonight - I'd bet a ball I'd be assigned a different "type" yet I'm fairly sure my personality doesn't fundamentally change much - or at all really. Also, many of the questions would be answered differently purely based on mood and state of mind at the time. I wouldn't be lying but my perceptions of myself can vary wildly. But still my basic personality stays the same. Neatly dividing people up into handy lil categories is a ridiculously simplistic idea.

And there's me a "healer" too - you'd think I'd be more diplomatic about things really 8)

This would all make for a great MMORPG...World Of Jung?

Lvl80 Healer.

NSFW:
tumblr_mharcdcIX11qcr6iqo1_500.jpg

Presumably one aspect of my personality is inability to follow simple instructions and/or read simple strings of letters cos I managed to pick the wrong poll option. Which makes a mockery of the whole polling process :!

Which one did you accidentally press? I'll remove it. Added your vote to INFP.

We have to take this thing seriously, goddammit.

I clickied on INFJ/Counselor - thanks, Albi =D

If only general election results could rigged so easily :D

If I were to take that test again next week, next month, next year - probably even tonight - I'd bet a ball I'd be assigned a different "type" yet I'm fairly sure my personality doesn't fundamentally change much

i thought that too, but i got the same result 2 years apart.

i still think these tests are bollocks though. Astrology in a lab coat.

And how very appropriate for a know copper you're an "Inspector" =D

Also, strange how the only type we apparently have none of is "Provider". Seems the BLUA applies even to personality types - we'll have none of that "providing" around these parts :D

Shambles, I doubt you'll be surprised to hear I'm a huge fan of MB, though I've found the Keirsey approach much more useful and accurate. Always been a big fan of Jung though. I'm an ENTJ, always been one. Moderate E, off the charts N, used to be a very strong, now just strong T, mild J.

I fully expect that this site would have far more N types than the average population. How nice that the little poll supports that. :)

I find typing people quite useful. KTT can help with relationship issues and just getting along with people in general. My late husband was an INTJ, and we never fought. I don't think I ever fight with NTs. My current bf is an INFP and we fight constantly.

Ns and Ss rarely develop close relationships with each other, from my observations.

Ts and Fs are often drawn to each other but clash frequently. Again, just IME.

If I were to take that test again next week, next month, next year - probably even tonight - I'd bet a ball I'd be assigned a different "type" yet I'm fairly sure my personality doesn't fundamentally change much - or at all really.
perhaps but perhaps not. the problem is that you've already decided that the test is deficient so maybe you'd (consciously or subconsciously) sabotage the results to get the desired result. simply put, you don't want it to work so it would not work.

i've done the test about 4 different times in the last 20 years and i've always got the same result. certainly, the strength of the axes has changed from test to test by the personality type has remained the same.
Also, many of the questions would be answered differently purely based on mood and state of mind at the time. I wouldn't be lying but my perceptions of myself can vary wildly. But still my basic personality stays the same.
for all the criticism of the test, it does, i understand, rate highly for internal consistency and test-retest reliability.
Neatly dividing people up into handy lil categories is a ridiculously simplistic idea.
perhaps. your sarcasm aside, that wasn't really the goal of the test creators.
And there's me a "healer" too - you'd think I'd be more diplomatic about things really 8)
it's easy to be cynical and dismiss mb. the limitations of the test and the analysis are well-understood and i don't think anybody (aligned with mr or otherwise) is trying to suggest that it's anything it's not.

alasdair

^ i fit some of them more than others. i've done some (admittedly very unscientific) 'blind' tests with my friends and myself and certain of the profiles are very much not me, while others are closer, with some correlation to the axes of my own personality type.

as i told shambles, i don't think the test is claiming to be anything it's not. i've found it a useful tool for introspection and examination and others think it's bunk. hardly earth-shattering...

alasdair

perhaps but perhaps not. the problem is that you've already decided that the test is deficient so maybe you'd (consciously or subconsciously) sabotage the results to get the desired result. simply put, you don't want it to work so it would not work.

i've done the test about 4 different times in the last 20 years and i've always got the same result. certainly, the strength of the axes has changed from test to test by the personality type has remained the same.
for all the criticism of the test, it does, i understand, rate highly for internal consistency and test-retest reliability.
perhaps. your sarcasm aside, that wasn't really the goal of the test creators.
it's easy to be cynical and dismiss mb. the limitations of the test and the analysis are well-understood and i don't think anybody (aligned with mr or otherwise) is trying to suggest that it's anything it's not.

alasdair

It seems I have taken the test before but with different names for the groupings. Turned out I did get the same again. Whouda thunk it? Not me. Probably thee. And the test creators it seems...

In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations.

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause.

INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis...

Dammit! :!