• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Do Your Nipples/Breasts Hang Low?

modern buddha

Bluelighter
I have no idea where this might belong. However, here it goes:

My breasts have always been a little off, where the breasts themselves are a bit pointy and my nipples hang at the lower end of the breasts. I am considering looking for a clinic that can lift the areolas and nipples up to a more suitable spot on my breasts, but would like some input and hopefully any natural remedies for helping the breasts to lift themselves.

Most of the time, my nipples hanging low is not much of a problem. However, if I'm exercising or stretching or working out, they tend to fall through the bottom of bras. This makes me very uncomfortable and tends to lead to an awkward situation: whether to leave them there (uhhhh, I'm slowly getting turned on here. Do not want.) or to adjust myself by reaching into my bra and pulling them back up.

Tl;dr : nipples hang low and it's uncomfortable. Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, if you don't mind me asking, how large are your breasts? Is it just your nipples hanging low, or is the whole boob kinda saggy?

Usually, if the boob falls out of the bottom of the bra cup, the band size or cup size isn't a good fit. Personally, having rather large breasts myself, I tend to have to pick them up and reposition them sometimes, especially if I've worn a bra once or twice since it's been washed, or if it's an older bra that doesn't quite fit and it's laundry day.

I wear a B cup. The whole breast is a bit saggy.

And I like to wear my bras multiple days in a row. However, the first couple days I wear it is when the most issues seem to arise.

Hmm, it sounds like the band is just not the right size...maybe try heading to a store (Victoria's Secret, department store) and getting measured? It seems like its a band size problem...because, well, I wear a FF cup (yeah, not kidding, in US sizes too) so I have pretty saggy boobs for a 24 year old, and with a good fitting bra that doesn't happen. Are you wearing underwire bras? I'm not sure how the non underwire ones work since they don't really come in my size.

I'm just tryin to get some more info because, while I would like a breast lift one day also, I like the idea of avoiding unnecessary surgery. When you say it's uncomfortable, do you mean physically or just mentally?

It's physically and mentally uncomfortable. Having your *nipple* fall below the band (yes, I wear underwire) is awkward. It rubs your nipple and at work / while running or exercising in general, this is not appropriate. I hate taking the time out (and potentially grossing out customers) to adjust them. I can't get non wire bras to work.

I can partially expect that with an FF cup. No offense meant! :p

In addition, I might mention my nipples hang down. 60* down from being parallel to the floor. They almost point at the floor, which makes them susceptible to falling underneath the underwire.

Last edited:
firstly, you need to rotate your bras daily so they can retain their elasticity. you can wear them a few times before washing, but never wear one on back-to-back days. you should hand wash them and air dry them when possible. (i have a lingerie bag i put mine in and add them to a full wash; then lie flat to air dry.)

second, make sure your bra straps aren't too short. sometimes when mine are too short, my bra rides up a bit. (i'm a 34B) make sure it stays in place when you lift your arms up over your head and stretch them behind your back.

third, chest exercises! remember the whole "we must, we must, we must increase our bust"? it won't increase the size of your breasts but stronger and more toned pectorals will help to lift your breasts.

fourth, if all else fails. talk with your doctor. :)

^ good advice Fawkes! And, I can see it being mentally and physically uncomfortable, although I probably am more open with adjusting them in semi-public by now. Also, your bra straps shouldn't make marks on your shoulders, which also tends to happen if they are too short and the boobs sorta point downward...I think a fitting, if you haven't had one, might be your best bet :) And then, if none of this stuff works, I'd bring it up to a doctor.

^ agreed - a proper bra fitting seems definitely in order! :)

^ perhaps a suggestion to the HL mods/OP, but maybe a title change may help this thread get more noticed?

Was debating changing the title to include something like "breast lift" or something but I'm unsure of the right words. :p

^"do your breasts hang low"?

not sure if that's too crass but i think that's what the OP was getting at with her title...

^ From what I gather, the OP isn't solely having an issue with her boobs hanging low, more so the nipples themselves. Sounds like her nipples aren't in the center of the boob--"my nipples hang at the lower end of the breasts" is what was said in the first post. But yeah, a title change is in order--OP, if you want the title more specific as to which (breasts or nipples), let Changed or I know. :)

I feel like if the nipples hang low, the breasts sorta naturally have to follow...

^ From what I gather, the OP isn't solely having an issue with her boobs hanging low, more so the nipples themselves. Sounds like her nipples aren't in the center of the boob--"my nipples hang at the lower end of the breasts" is what was said in the first post.

i think this suits it. :) but seriously anyone else have that nursery rhyme stuck in their head now?

do your ears hang low;
do they wobble to and fro?
can you tie them in a knot,
or can you tie them in a bow...

anyone? :D

i think this suits it. :) but seriously anyone else have that nursery rhyme stuck in their head now?

do your ears hang low;

Not to derail this thread at all, but I saw a greeting card once that said "do your boobs hang low?" and the inside was the rest of the song, about boobies.

I feel like if the nipples hang low, the breasts sorta naturally have to follow...
Even when breasts are realllllly saggy, from what I've heard and see on people (*shudders*), the nipple is still facing forward. This sounds to me as though the nipple is facing almost downward, more on the bottom of the boob than in the center.

do your ears hang low;

LOL, yes.

I can't really relate to the content of this thread, but I'll just throw this out there: if I didn't like the appearance of my breasts (assuming my life started over and I had a vagina instead of a penis), I wouldn't hesitate to get plastic surgery to make those things perky and perfect.

Just sayin'...

firstly, you need to rotate your bras daily so they can retain their elasticity. you can wear them a few times before washing, but never wear one on back-to-back days. you should hand wash them and air dry them when possible. (i have a lingerie bag i put mine in and add them to a full wash; then lie flat to air dry.)

second, make sure your bra straps aren't too short. sometimes when mine are too short, my bra rides up a bit. (i'm a 34B) make sure it stays in place when you lift your arms up over your head and stretch them behind your back.

third, chest exercises! remember the whole "we must, we must, we must increase our bust"? it won't increase the size of your breasts but stronger and more toned pectorals will help to lift your breasts.

fourth, if all else fails. talk with your doctor. :)

Wow... that seems like a lot of work on the bra just to keep it fitting right. However, I think I'll definitely give it a try.

(I guess I've already ruined my current bras)

I have been trying to lose weight and tone up a little though. Does anyone have any idea if losing weight will do much to the look of the breast / position of the nipple as well? I have never heard of "we must, we must, we must increase out bust", but it would make sense. If your chest is lagging, what's on your chest will probably be lagging as well.

^ good advice Fawkes! And, I can see it being mentally and physically uncomfortable, although I probably am more open with adjusting them in semi-public by now. Also, your bra straps shouldn't make marks on your shoulders, which also tends to happen if they are too short and the boobs sorta point downward...I think a fitting, if you haven't had one, might be your best bet :) And then, if none of this stuff works, I'd bring it up to a doctor.

Ugh. I'm so boyish that I cringe at thinking of getting myself fitted for a bra at Victoria's Secret. Is there a professional way to get fitted other than at VS?

do your ears hang low;

I went for the (crappy) rap remix of it about your necklace chain hanging low. :p

I can't really relate to the content of this thread, but I'll just throw this out there: if I didn't like the appearance of my breasts (assuming my life started over and I had a vagina instead of a penis), I wouldn't hesitate to get plastic surgery to make those things perky and perfect.

Just sayin'...

Would you get surgery on your penis if there was extra skin hanging near the base of your shaft? Or if your balls hung really low?