• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Do Your Nipples/Breasts Hang Low?

^ Also, I'm not sure where you are located, but the most "comfortable" one I ever had (and accurate!) was at the department store Nordstrom...I'm usually relatively embarrassed too (surprising since not much does it) when I get told "I'm sorry, we don't sell anything in your size," which is why Victoria's Secret was just sorta "what I've heard from friends" suggestion, and you can measure yourself but whenever I've done it, i feel like I'm not doing it correctly no matter how many times I read over how to.

Loosing weight can change the position of the boobs a bit, but I think this is a YMMV topic, since when I lost a lot of weight (50 lbs over a few years, but 30 lbs in 3 months) my breasts actually got a bit saggier because I wasn't doing any exercises to strengthen the muscles behind them at the same time.

And, @ Changed, I think all guys feel that way about boobies...that if they had them they would play with them/love them/greatest thing in the world/etc. But honestly, big boobs are a hassle, and even smaller boobs tend to cause issues (like what this thread is about), and from my understanding men love boobs of all sizes in general, just like vaginas for the most part. But yeah, boobs suck, I'd rather have a penis and write my name in the snow than have to hold my hand over the chest if I ever need to run :/

Wow... that seems like a lot of work on the bra just to keep it fitting right. However, I think I'll definitely give it a try.
Mainly just make sure to give your bras a "rest period" of a day.

Ugh. I'm so boyish that I cringe at thinking of getting myself fitted for a bra at Victoria's Secret. Is there a professional way to get fitted other than at VS?
Any department store like Bon Ton or JC Pennys should have someone in the bra department who's able to measure you.

And, @ Changed, I think all guys feel that way about boobies...that if they had them they would play with them/love them/greatest thing in the world/etc. But honestly, big boobs are a hassle, and even smaller boobs tend to cause issues (like what this thread is about), and from my understanding men love boobs of all sizes in general, just like vaginas for the most part. But yeah, boobs suck, I'd rather have a penis and write my name in the snow than have to hold my hand over the chest if I ever need to run :/

I wouldn't make them huge-- just small and perky.

I would get surgery if this issue was causing mental or physical strife for me...

^ is that the same advice you'd give anyone with body image issues or body dysmorphic disorder? there are plenty of people (women especially) that have self-perceived physical "faults" that cause them mental anguish and, as a woman, i think trying first to embrace your body and change it naturally is much more healthy than saying, "fuck it" and incurring the cost and risk of major surgery.

even a "small and perky" job could mean scars, scar tissue, implant displacement, asymmetry, deflation, leakage, rippling, rupture, infection, nipple de-sensitivity, capsular contracture, mammogram interference... not to mention ongoing maintenance especially for women that become pregnant. AND, general complications that arise from undergoing major surgery.

the best option is to appreciate and work with what you were given. in this case, i think the OP should try a better fitting bra and pec toning exercises before even considering surgery. with possible complications like those listed above for breast augmentation, you might end up wishing breasts/nipples that hung low was your only problem.

^ is that the same advice you'd give anyone with body image issues or body dysmorphic disorder? there are plenty of people (women especially) that have self-perceived physical "faults" that cause them mental anguish and, as a woman, i think trying first to embrace your body and change it naturally is much more healthy than saying, "fuck it" and incurring the cost and risk of major surgery.

even a "small and perky" job could mean scars, scar tissue, implant displacement, asymmetry, deflation, leakage, rippling, rupture, infection, nipple de-sensitivity, capsular contracture, mammogram interference... not to mention ongoing maintenance especially for women that become pregnant. AND, general complications that arise from undergoing major surgery.

the best option is to appreciate and work with what you were given. in this case, i think the OP should try a better fitting bra and pec toning exercises before even considering surgery. with possible complications like those listed above for breast augmentation, you might end up wishing breasts/nipples that hung low was your only problem.

This is probably the most influencing reply yet. The thought of surgery always makes me cringe, so I'm going to try switching out my bras every day, making sure I don't wear the same one more than one or two days in a row. Also, it's summer, so I have to watch my weight to see if my body shape changes at all before getting into a strength training regime.

Sweet shit they do. I am almost 40 years old.
Gravity is not kind to the boobies.

Although all my bras fit properly and you would never know that I have sweet potatoes in there.
The fitter I am the less tit I have but I am okay with that.