The productions thread - Part III!

^ post some :) i'd be very interested to hear your works in progress.

okay tranced, i dunno man after your post about average n' gettin stuck, decided to go back to it.

now with vocals, and a 4/4 oomph tss oomph tss. kinda clubby. i really like it, and think i learned something new, all because of you ;p <3

Last edited:
^ post some :) i'd be very interested to hear your works in progress.

okay tranced, i dunno man after your post about average n' gettin stuck, decided to go back to it.

now with vocals, and a 4/4 oomph tss oomph tss. kinda clubby. i really like it, and think i learned something new, all because of you ;p <3

Haha Joe, I love your posts in here. Just posting your tunes with comments like "dang, this is dope af! lol". I can just imagine you sitting making tunes with a smile one your face, in a state of baked amazement.

Glad to hear my post made you go back and reassess. It's funny because now that you've asked to hear my tune, it's inspired me to sit down and sort out what I have so far. I wasn't planning on posting it online until it was finished, but I might PM it to you if I get the bits I have near enough sorted.

With regards to your tune above, I really really like the sounds you've made/used, especially that kind of dubbed out housey vibe with the drawn out chords. IMO, and it's just personal taste, but I don't really think the vocal fit the darker vibe of the track, but I'm not really keen on r'n'b esque vocals, so it's obviously just personal preference. I always think that vocals like that have a bit of a sort of cheesy message/vibe, which like I say I don't think fits with the tune.

I'd love to hear some of the more musical vocals that fit the backing track sounding a bit more unintelligible, minimal and stretched out. Kind of like at 2.57 - 2.59 where it says "head helf high, fingers to the sky", and then some you have some kind of short pads/chords going on in the background. I feel like if the vocal was used more as a kind of stretched out unintelligible paddy chordy sound, working with the paddy chordy sound I mentioned, it would really work (the sounds have a similar vibe, but you don't notice so much when it's overtly vocal). And to remove some of the other vocal sounds and just strip it back to a nice darkish sort of house track.

I'd also love to hear the hard bass that comes in at 1.08 breach into sudden techno territory, on a full length emd version of the track.

But again, that's just my personal preference. Not trying to control your tune or out. I just prefer darker deeper vibez, which I hear below the acapellas:)

If I do PM you my tune tonight, then we have fully influenced each other. =D

i agree those vocals are cheesy. i kept it in just for the novelty, if that makes sense. i always save an instrumental version of the stuff i make so... it does have more housey vibe. could probably slow it down, and adjust the pitch to get it more housey.

the suggestions you made are great. the way you typed your thoughts is quite similar to how my brain works when workin on something. i'll keep the techno suggestion in mind, i want to get back into faster edm stuff heh.

thanks for taking the time to listen and suggestions. sincerely dude.

no rush on sharing your work, just get at me whenever you feel is right.

It's hard to detail in English without vocals so I would just say that your sound pleases me. :D

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. You really should get into the genre, there are some amazing tunes out there.
One I would RECOMMEND you check out is Ace Ventura x Astrix - Pranava
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSwg7fxXsd8
yo, impressive. i have no clue about mixing/mastering but it sounds clean as heck. dope production, i never listen to "psytrance" but that kept me interested through out.

Also, if that TGIF is your tune, then I would love it if you could make an instumental version as well. No offense, I like the style, but I think it would be pretty good even without the sample. The start gives me a Garage vibe, with the detuned EP/keys. Nice one!
yo, impressive. i have no clue about mixing/mastering but it sounds clean as heck. dope production, i never listen to "psytrance" but that kept me interested through out.

Also, if that TGIF is your tune, then I would love it if you could make an instumental version as well. No offense, I like the style, but I think it would be pretty good even without the sample. The start gives me a Garage vibe, with the detuned EP/keys. Nice one!

here is the instrumental - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX_ruKDoiRM

interesting to hear you got a garage vibe in the beginning. after reading your post and playing just the beat, i totally hear it as well. always been a fan, tried to get that garage-y swing percussion drums but never satisfied. perhaps i'll look up some tutorials and speed up the beat

made another one, included instrumental as well. since you mentioned instrumental no the previous, now i'm like " do i prefer this without an acapella " especially on faster tempo stuff. but i do love those club remixes of rnb... eh just groovin

Last edited: