• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-E Death in Oklahoma: Mislabeled Bromo-Dragonfly

what is also strange is how after a (supposedly) popular news, regarding a very similar story with exactly the sace chem, not even that long ago, such a similar scenario appears again. i mean, after watching the news and seeing car crashes, i drive a little bit slower myself the next day. it seems not so with kids partying nowadays.... (it is actually almost unreal how the stories are that similar)

sad to see this happening

Why is this 2c killing people? Surely people have taken stupid doses of other 2c's even in combination with stimulants. Death at ~100mg gives this a shitty therapeutic index for a drug that's available in this manner (idiots distributing it at parties).

That is the whole issue. Using these chemicals is serious business, and requires research and hardware to know a dose and be able a dose and be able to properly measure one. They are *not* toys to be whipped around and given to ignorant users at parties.

No one has any business taking 100mg of a chemical that is known to give ++++ experiences at less than 20mg.

none of this coheres well to me... I've dosed up to 60mg orally with unpleasant side effects but nothign even closely resembling danger... have had friends that have snorted up to 40mg...

now granted these aren't QUITE the doses we're talking about here but nothing I've seen suggests an LD50 close to this? I just don't understand, I suppose... it is really disgusting to see the media bastardize this.

"At least one person is dead and others are injured after more than a half-dozen people overdosed on an ecstasy-like drug in Konawa."

There is so much wrong with this statement it disgusts me. Sure, they're both phenethylamines but but describing 2c-e as an "ecstasy-like" drug? The fact that they even used the term "ectsasy" reeks of unprofessionalism to me. DIsgusting.

Well, to be fair you don't have to get near the LD50 to have just a couple deaths.

Also I think that it is fair to mention that with the other confirmed 2C-E death along with all the 2C-T-7 deaths from the early 2000s everyone was snorting the chemicals. (which appears to significantly increase the bioavailability and adverse effects.)

This really saddens me, the fact that these people are older than me and have no respect or real understanding of this drug and ruin it for others who can do it sensibly.

there was a comment on that page that said the kid being charged "cooked the drug" himself.

i saw the same comment on another board. apparently he mixed it with water into a liquid solution for dosing and he fucked the ratio up. he didn't synth the 2c-e. dude wasn't even at the party himself he just made the solution and supplied it to them. the rest is history.

i saw the same comment on another board. apparently he mixed it with water into a liquid solution for dosing and he fucked the ratio up. he didn't synth the 2c-e. dude wasn't even at the party himself he just made the solution and supplied it to them. the rest is history.

Oh okay, good π't post (that's a pi if you can't see it).
I wonder if he gave it to a guy who then supplied it to the rest of the people at the party, who fucked it up, and lastly, why the fuck these people were all doing 2C-E like it's a "getting fucked up" party drug.
I've dosed up to 60mg orally with unpleasant side effects but nothign even closely resembling danger... have had friends that have snorted up to 40mg...
now granted these aren't QUITE the doses we're talking about here but nothing I've seen suggests an LD50 close to this?

Well, to be fair you don't have to get near the LD50 to have just a couple deaths.

Exactly. It may not be that the LD50 is at 100 mg. It could be at 200 mg, or at 300 mg. All the LD50 means is that if 100 people do that dose, 50 will die. Plenty of people do 100 mg doses, but if just one in a thousand dies, then it's only the "LD0.1" or whatever. It seems entirely plausible to me. It simply means that the substance is slightly unsafe at these doses. Slightly implying that it won't kill you unless it's got a good reason to, such as incredibly high individual sensitivity, or possibly a preexisting cardiovascular condition.

Last edited:
I know we don't generally discuss sources, and I am not asking for any specifics;but anyone have any idea if both batches came from the same supplier a la the recent 2c-b-fly debacle?

Do you mean the Bromo DragonFLY deaths?

If so, it was years ago and the vendor died himself. It was sold as 2C-B-FLY though.

//blazR

My favorite 2c is surely going to be gone now. Has there been a bad batch going around or is it just peoples weakness to drugs?

Plus the guy in Blaine snorted it.. the 2Cs are all a quite a bit stronger when taken that way.

I don't know why anyone would ever take near that dose though.

I was just thinking the exact same thing! I don't understand it personally.

I think its probably just people who outright haven't bothered doing any research what so ever just messing about. It is really shocking how many people are willing to take anything without even knowing what it was supposed to be.

Charging someone for murder tho is just ridiculous, the laws on murder being distorted to pursue some kind of agenda :S

i dont feel bad for the people at all, deaths and overdoses are expected if there treating a very serious and potent chemical that has miniscule doses and hi dose response curves with little to no respect it demands for to be able to experience safely. imo these people didnt even know what a correct dose is, nor had scales, they were taking ignorance is bliss to a whole new level. it offends me how irresponsible people are with their bodies when it comes to consuming chemicals and getting what they called "fucked up"

Do you mean the Bromo DragonFLY deaths?

If so, it was years ago and the vendor died himself. It was sold as 2C-B-FLY though.

//blazR

You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was just wondering if this batch came from the same vendor as the batch analyzed in Minnesota. I was using the 2c-b-fly/bromodragonfly mix up as an example.

well the first batch to kill someone was confirmed as 2ce, if i can believe what i've read.

i also wonder if the two batches are from the same place ultimately.

if this most recent time, it was in liquid...were they dosing orally or what?

It is commonly active in the 10–20 mg range, taken orally, and highly dose-sensitive. Insufflating (administering the chemical nasally) requires a much lower dose, typically not exceeding 5 mg, but this method of consumption elicits a noticeably painful or uncomfortable sensation in the nasal cavity for 10 minutes or so.

From what I understand, the kid that died snorted the largest line, that one being as long and fat as a brand new pencil. Just reading wikipedia might have saved their lives.

And...

You have to remember this was in Oklahoma. They love to cook their own shit in Oklahoma (scary) and the first thing kids do these days if they hear it is good, is snort it for a more immediate rush.

Many have reported that the general effects of 2C-E are similar to those of the other psychedelic phenethylamines, but far more intense. Vivid hallucinations similar to those experienced while under the influence of LSD are common, and many reports indicate that the effects of this particular chemical may be overly intense for those not well experienced with psychedelics.

Sounds like a Psychedelic to me!

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2C-E

More info in the following article:

An Ada woman helped prepare and distribute a “designer drug” that killed her and sickened seven others, one critically, at a party near Konowa, court papers show.

Anastasia “Stacy” Marie Jewell, 21, died at Integris Seminole Medical Center after ingesting 2C-E at the party Saturday, officials said.

Cody Weddle, 20, of Ada, was arraigned Monday in Pontotoc County District Court on complaints of murder and conspiracy to distribute a synthetic substance, District Attorney Chris Ross said. He has not been charged and has been denied bail.

Ross said he was not familiar with the drug before Saturday but has been doing research on it.

“I’ve been learning a lot more about it since 7 a.m. Saturday,” Ross said.

Jewell’s mother, Lida Beckman, told KWTV-9 she’s upset the drug is easily acquired on the Internet.

“What has this world come to if they can put stuff like this on the Internet and not at least be sued to take the darn stuff off?” she said. “They’re still allowed to sell it and I can’t do anything about it.”

Norman Regional Health System’s Dr. Matt Bonner said last weekend was the first time emergency room physicians there have treated patients for ingesting 2C-E, also known as phenethylamine.

“It’s new, it’s exceedingly dangerous and I would suggest any kid steer clear of it,” Bonner said.

Little research has been done on the drug and its effects, Bonner said. It can cause respiratory arrest, seizures, severe vomiting and multi-system organ failure. All physicians can do to treat patients is support their organ systems until the drug runs its course, he said.

Drug bought on Web
Weddle on April 26 bought one gram of 2C-E powder for $120 from a website, District 22 Drug and Violent Crime Task Force Agent Josh Dean wrote in a probable cause affidavit. Weddle told investigators the drug is supposed to cause effects similar to the drug Ecstasy.

The drug arrived at Weddle’s parents’ post office box Friday, and Weddle, Jewell and Andrew Akerman, whose age was not released, went to Jewell’s house in Ada to dilute it in a liter of water, Dean wrote.

Weddle took about 45 milliliters of the mixture home with him, and Jewell and Akerman took the rest to a party, according to the affidavit. Jewell and Akerman were to sell the drug for $15 for 15 milliliters, and it was then supposed to be further diluted in 20 ounces of water.

Weddle and Akerman were to split the profits from the drug sales, Dean wrote.

Ross said it’s a crime to manufacture or distribute synthetic drugs. He said Weddle and Akerman could face first-degree or second-degree murder charges.

“The websites for this drug clearly say it’s not for human consumption,” Ross said. “They ordered it and diluted it to make a profit. That makes them criminally responsible for what happened.”

Ross said he didn’t know if charges would be brought against Akerman.

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” he said.

Someone told Weddle about the sickened people at the party early Saturday, so he went to his house to retrieve the rest of the drug and broke into Jewell’s house to get the shipping label, according to the affidavit. He then went to Valley View Regional Hospital, where the sickened partygoers were taken, to tell doctors about the drug.

Dean met Weddle at the hospital, interviewed him and arrested him.

Emergency workers were called to the party at a house north of Konawa on State Highway 9A shortly after midnight Saturday, authorities said.

Read more: http://newsok.com/man-arraigned-in-...d-designer-drug/article/3566415#ixzz1LzA5F5YH