• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

(Photography) Why you love the place you live

_20140712_004213.JPG

it's relaxing :D

the ghost flower grows in the mojave desert.

330px-Mohavea_confertiflora_1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohavea_confertiflora something about it growing in an extremely arid climate... i like(love) it.

In areas where their range overlaps, Mohavea confertiflora (Ghost Flower), which does not produce nectar, has adapted a morphology resembling Mentzelia involucrata. Recent studies have suggested that in addition to mimicry of M. involucrata, Mohavea confertiflora flowers contain marks that resemble female Xeralictus, to attract male bees that would otherwise ignore the flowers
whoa okay ima go to sleep now lol fuckin can read wiki all night long

Last edited:
i like the roads and buildings, i have a strange fascination with them. here's a few shots taken with my phone and, of course most sensically, posted to instagram with the addition of pointless filters because I'M AN ARTIST OKAY GOD.

UtY0V9v.jpg

QJUB99M.jpg

7u5Mwhn.jpg

8lbxsiW.jpg

N3kHvVp.jpg

elzbvC7.jpg

(those clouds tho)

edit

hey this is missing like 8 more pictures
oh well!!!

Last edited:

May is ektamine's month. Born May 7, 1991. Died May 30, 2011. Bumping this for him and reminding everyone to love your world, yourself included.<3

^ love the rolling hills. is that a doe with her offspring ?

touchin pic along with the message, keeping it in mind <3

Yeah, I took these about a year ago at The WVC gathering on the IONs property in Sonoma CA. The deer and jackrabbits were everywhere with their babies. The Ions property was the gift of one of the early astronauts that had a spiritual breakthrough looking at earth from a distance. He wanted to create a space for metaphysical research. I love that the Women's Visionary Congress ( a group of longtime psychedelic explorers choose to have their conference there every year.);)

Hoping to see my pictures of the parts of the planet that my sad little bank account won't let me get to at the moment (hope springs eternal!). Post your photos, peeps--even if it is your own back yard, a favorite street in your city, the natural areas around you....whatever!

I love where I live because it is wild and powerful and dangerous sometimes.

Hi herbavore.

thank you for bumping this thread! i wanted to do so a while back, though, regrettably, i couldn't find anything which would've been sincere. :(

well this view was easy to love! imgur editing made photo 1 worse - photo 2 is BIG
Zj9PrXT.jpg

NSFW:
tQmgmCU.jpg

Last edited:
Photography is definitely a hobby of mine even if I'm only doing it with phone cameras (I'll get a DSLR soon I swear). I especially love taking photos of sunsets, flowers and quirky things around my city, of which there's a fair bit.

Someone did this at my local station, which I found rather enchanting. That's a mural in the background on the left which I'll get a shot of at some point.
JKAK3Uh.jpg

There's a lot of good street art in Melbourne
P2gCPO9.jpg

Angel's Trumpet in the Alexandra Gardens
JbOKqJD.png

Cool huge statue at Birrarung Marr (with bonus lensflare!)
X9TcUrX.jpg

Just some kookaburras chilling in the CBD
fGHYuhQ.jpg

The Maribyrnong river at its closest point to home
7vKFJru.jpg

@Socko and jpeg--those are both parts of the world I would love to see (Paris, again) and Australia for the first time. I love that huge statue and I can't imagine just looking up at a stoplight and seeing real kookaburras!

It's actually the first time I'd ever seen it which is why I took a photo. You do see rainbow lorikeets, rosellas, galahs and cockatoos eeeeverywhere though.