• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time oxycodone = well on my way to opiate addiction?

Yeah, and his elitist fucking attitude, like he is somehow 'better' than everyone and should be immune to going through the same things every other human do, really rubbed me the wrong way.

Maybe when I were younger and first dabbling in opiates, if I had someone to really get on my case, and show me some tough love, I wouldn't have ended up how I am. I don't want him to end up a hopeless dope fiend like half of us turned out, just because of his skewed sense of reality.

I dunno man. His posts just suddenly struck the wrong rib in me, and since he obviously doesn't give too shits about it, I knew he would reply how he did to me.

Another hopeless case of the typical whiny, ungrateful, modern N. american youth. The world/human civilization is royally fucked.

And it is a rare occasion that I actually get pissed off like this, especially on some message board, but sometimes I litteraly get pushed over the edge by some stupid shit like this. I am a huge proponent of harm reduction, and don't want ANYONE to have to go through the bullshit of opiate addiction if they don't have to. If my yelling at him knocked some sense into him (i doubt it), and ended up saving him from years of hell, then fine by me.

Otherwise, sorry I guess. I probably shouldn't have wasted my breath and been cursing so much at the poor soul.

i agree with you 100% bro. this thread is really pissing me off personally. the OP sounds almost excited to get addicted. i know oxy is amazing, but in the end its not gonna be worth the shit youre gonna have to go through. ive ruined plenty of relationships and lost a lot of trust in the past few years. to be honest its not worth the high at all. quit while your ahead bro.

Hey 'Lord', I saw you're thread while browsing the site and was thinking about joining and thought this would be a good thread to respond to for my first post.

First I wanna start out by telling everyone my experience with Opiates. I started taking Vicodin around the winter of 2008, beginning of 2009. I started off with Vicodin 7.5/500, about 2 a day the first month. I didn't do them every day, but I quickly grew a tolerance and slowly kept increasing my dosage. I was in a GED class at the time, I would have class from 10am to about 12:30pm. I would start off by taking 2 Vicodin in the morning before I left my house, then another one or two after class. This kept me high throughout the entire class, as well as my trip home and an hour or two after I got home. I enjoyed it so much, it was bliss.

Before I go any further, I'd like to explain why I liked Vicodin so much. At the time, I was shy, self conscious and always thinking about what other people thought of me. I remember one thing I had a problem with was getting dressed in the morning. Sometimes I'd take up to 2 hours just going back and forth between outfits until I found something that fit my mood and looked acceptable. Looking back, this was ridiculous. When I took vicodin, I felt like I was able to let go of inner problems I had developed over the years. I didn't really mind looking kinda sloppy, I felt more open and able to talk to strangers, I just felt like all around a better person. One thing I remember telling my friend was it made me feel like the person I wanted to be. It scares me to think back on that, did I really say that? Within a month of taking my first vicodin, I was a daily user. A relative of mine had a prescription so I was able to get for free, and whenever I wanted without a problem. This made things even harder for me cause no strings were attached, I could support my habit for free, not one penny spent. This made me slowly increase my dosage from 4 a day, to 6. I was taking them every day, as soon as I woke up, then again an hour after the high wore off. I think the greatest thing about Opiates are the body high it produces. It produces a warm fuzzy feeling, similar to that body warmth you get from taking a few shots of alcohol. I don't like alcohol though, so vicodin was the greatest thing to me. I smoked plenty of bud, almost every day to every other day. It didn't compare though.

I continued my daily usage for a few months. Then the relative I was getting the pills from got 5mg Oxycodone along with the Vicodin. I was now able to take 7.5/500 Vicodin and 5mg Oxycodone if I wanted, however I didn't mix unless I was feeling wreckless. Quickly, and I mean within 2 weeks I stopped with the vicodin and was just taking the Oxycodone. I started off with 5mg, quickly raised it to 10mg, then 15mg. Within another month or two my relative was prescriped 30mg Oxycodone instead of the 5mg. One little blue pill, a slice of heaven, was all I needed to feel amazing for most of the day. I quickly tried 60mg, then 90mg. I felt so amazing, nothing in the world could stop me from feeling this good.

Over time, 90mg or three 30mg pills was my standard for an average day. I'd wake up, pop a pill. 2 or 3 hours later I'd pop another, then the final one later in the afternoon. This kept me high all day, and I felt great. However, all this medicine was affecting my physical health. I was losing weight, barely eating once a day, and was frail and weak. I actually passed out a few times during the two summers I was hooked. Quite embarrassing, especially trying to come up with an excuse to my friends. None of them really knew, I never really told anybody till it started getting really bad towards the end.

Over time, I stopped eating like I use to, and I lost a ton of weight. I'm already a lanky guy, being 6'2 and 170-180 is the most I've weighed. I must have lost 20 pounds over the course of my addiction. I was a stick. My stomach always felt upset, but because I was high all the time I didn't mind. In fact, over time I grew to like the stomach aches, it reminded me of the high. It became such a normal thing for me, being sober and not on anything was just plain boring. I had to be high all the time, if I wasn't I'd be cranky and on edge.

Over time, I slowly began to steal to keep up my constant upping of dosages. I'd wait till my relative went into the bathroom to run in and grab some more Oxys, or Hydro's. I felt very ashamed and guilty, because almost every month they would run out of medicine early and it was my fault for it. Because of this, I went through withdrawals once a month for about 4 or 5 days till the new prescription went through. I kept this up till my relative was hospitalized, and eventually passed away in the hospital. At the time, I was up to 150mg a day, that's five 30mg pills throughout the entire day. The day my relative passed away, I took my final 150mg and stole the rest of their medicine still at my house. I slowly tried to lean myself off, but within two days I finished them.

I had to quit cold turkey, no help whatsoever. Not even my family knew I was hooked, I had to bullshit my father for days till the symptoms slowly went away. It started off with cold sweats, very hard to sleep. I kept thinking about those blue pills, constantly. I couldn't get the image out of my head. I needed just one more, one more I kept telling myself.

The first 4 to 5 days were the worst. I had nothing but severe cold sweats, constant diarrhea, stomach cramps like you wouldn't believe, and constant twitching. The only thing that helped was putting my feet in very hot water, it took away the cold sweats, which was honestly the worst part of the whole ordeal.

While we packed things up and prepared to move, I kept finding an oxy here and there on the floor, and kept taking them as soon as I found them. I found about 5 total throughout the move, which didn't last long at all, but let me tell you I tried my hardest to enjoy the high while I could.

It's been about 2 months since I last took, and I'm still mentally craving them everyday. I think about it all the time, and I even look at the floor all the time, scanning to see if one is around even though I never brought any up to my new house. It's a mental habit that kills me, I wish I never did opiates. To this day, I feel nostalgiac everytime I think about them, but I keep reminding myself how bad they made me. I lost my care for people, became secluded, lost an unhealthy amount of weight, and became an addict. I became a loser.

I've done quite a few drugs. Cannabis, Shrooms, LSD, Ecstasy, Vicodin, Valium, Ambien, Oxycodone and Morphine. None have caused me more mental harm and stress then Opiates. I crave them every day, and I think about ways to get my hands on some. It's a craving that I wish would go away.

I know this is a long read, but I felt like I had to share my story to warn you of what can and most likely will happen. I had the exact same attitude, I told myself this will not become a problem, but when you don't have reasons to stop, you won't stop. Even when you realize it's becoming a very bad addiction, no longer a habit, you still don't want to stop. I never wanted to stop in the first place, but I had to do it cold turkey cause my relative passed away. It's shameful what I did to keep up my habit. Please, treat this drug with the utmost respect, and respect yourself most of all. It truly is a devils hug. It takes you in, and treats you well but it slowly destroys you. Please be careful.

OP is a LOSER. Have fun with sticking needles in your arm in a few years bro, you deserve it!

^Good read bro. I'm glad that for now you managed to keep your shit together. The physical withdrawals are the easy part. The post acute symptoms, the mental cravings and stuff after, that you're goign through now, is the hardest. Stay strong, you don't want to go through that hell again. Or maybe you do, I don't know. If you really want to stay clean i suggest going to meetings, as stupid as they sound, they really do help just to have some like minded individuals to talk to. This board is also a great help to many of us.

welcome !

ad_22555n.jpg

^Good read bro. I'm glad that for now you managed to keep your shit together. The physical withdrawals are the easy part. The post acute symptoms, the mental cravings and stuff after, that you're goign through now, is the hardest. Stay strong, you don't want to go through that hell again. Or maybe you do, I don't know. If you really want to stay clean i suggest going to meetings, as stupid as they sound, they really do help just to have some like minded individuals to talk to. This board is also a great help to many of us.

welcome !

Thank you very much dude, I appreciate the kind words. I actually joined up today because I needed to share my story and get some feedback. I've been having very strong cravings today, mentally. I keep finding myself scanning the floor looking for some, hoping maybe one fell out of some furniture we moved up here. I wanna slap myself every time I catch myself doing it.

Honestly, I do not want to go through the hell that is an opiate addiction again, but I still crave that high. I tell myself I went through hell and back, I can handle it responsibly now, and I'd really like to think so, but at the same time I feel like I have a devil on my shoulder telling my to do more and more, even though I don't even have any.

I know I'll end up doing painkillers again, but I refuse to allow myself to become like I did. Every time I crave, I go through what would happen if I did have, if I did find one. I'd pop it, feel high for a few hours then what? It's back to square one. It's not worth it. Not one bit. Honestly, the mental cravings that remain for a long time are far worst then the cold sweats and physical symptoms that come from withdrawals. It often affects my daily life, though it's gotten much easier as time has passed.

OP, be careful with opiates, seriously. One thing that might make you realize is that painkillers are very close to heroin, especially Oxy's. So many people go from Oxy, to Heroin because it's cheaper. I'm thankful everyday I never touched a needle or a bag of heroin in my life, and I never plan to. Please, be safe and careful.

I tried oxy for the first time yesterday, 12.5mg then 17.5mg, and again today, coming up on 25mg + mild potentiator.

This is probably the speed screwing up my thinking, but I liked everything about the Oxycodone. The nausea? Euphoric. Vomiting my guts out? Wonderful. Warmth and near-nod sensations? Fantastic.

I just love this drug... and I'm probably well on my way to developing an opiate addiction. When my supply runs out (as it will very soon), I think I'll have to use Kratom. But compared to Oxy, Kratom really seems like crap to me, and doesn't feel like nearly as much of a true opiate (I would know 8) ) as Oxy does.

While I kind of enjoy kratom (no more than alcohol), I can't help but think of Oxycodone as a new favourite. I always knew I was an opiate guy.

Sometimes the world is just great.

And what's this? 25mg is all I have today, but I feel an urge to increase the dose. This isn't strong enough... oh fuck. And it's only been 40 minutes. :( :|

Oxy is great and I love you all so much. %)

edit: yes, yes, I know it won't be so fun in the future! That didn't stop me from trying anything.
In fact, I may add a little something. It's probably best to stick with a similar drug, kratom sounds good. Or perhaps one beer or a touch of benzo.

Are you being sarcastic? The itching and even the nodding are debatable, but who in the world likes the nausea?

You may or may not be well on your way to addiction, but it sounds like you should maybe quit now before this develops into something more serious. The first time that I tried oxycodone, I wasn't sure that I was high. I had to call a friend and ask what I should be feeling because the high is, in my opinion, so unlike any other and sometimes subtle. Needless to say, I liked it, but I didn't love it.

Honestly, you sort of missed the boat, man. OxyContin was the pharmaceutical of choice for a long, long time. It used to be OC 40s all day long. But now, well, now the new formula has you beat, man. You'll be paying out the nose for Roxicodone. And Opana? Forget about it.

So, like many others, and like me, you might have to make the switch to dope. It provides a similar, almost superior high, and it's a lot cheaper. But do you think that you're a tough enough cunt to walk away from heroin when you know that you have access to it and that it's so much cheaper? I don't know, man, but it could be a bitch for you to find out...

EDIT: And please do not put me into the same category as the sky-is-falling, you're-definitely-going-to-become-an-addict bluelighters. I believe that opiates are an amazing thing, and I love them. But I also save them for the weekends, and I have been doing this for two years now. I believe that I am the exception and not the rule. Simply put, I haven't known many others who are able to do what I do. It's doable, but tough.

@ J. Wallace, thats a rough story, but I'm glad to hear that you are past your addiction, and I hope that you can stay strong. Welcome to Bluelight. :)

To OP, what the fuck are you thinking? Do you really want to become an addict just to escape your problems? Everybody has problems. There are probably alot of people on Bluelight with much worse problems than yours. But thats life. You can't just turn to a drug to solve all of your problems. And I guarantee that being an addict will make your life infinitely worse. And if you want to become an addict for attention or to be "cool", then you are fucking idiot.

I believe that opiates are an amazing thing, and I love them. But I also save them for the weekends, and I have been doing this for two years now. I believe that I am the exception and not the rule. Simply put, I haven't known many others who are able to do what I do. It's doable, but tough.

You and I are twinners like that. I'll take 20mg Hydro about 5-6 times a month for social phobia/anxiety. I'm TERRIFIED to take any more than that for fear that the addiction beast will devour me. I've been doing it for close to a year now.

Besides....only 5-6 times a month makes every single time I take a dose feel like the first time. =D

Great story J Wallace...thanks for disclosing this for the benefit of all!

Thank you very much dude, I appreciate the kind words. I actually joined up today because I needed to share my story and get some feedback. I've been having very strong cravings today, mentally. I keep finding myself scanning the floor looking for some, hoping maybe one fell out of some furniture we moved up here. I wanna slap myself every time I catch myself doing it.

Honestly, I do not want to go through the hell that is an opiate addiction again, but I still crave that high. I tell myself I went through hell and back, I can handle it responsibly now, and I'd really like to think so, but at the same time I feel like I have a devil on my shoulder telling my to do more and more, even though I don't even have any.

I know I'll end up doing painkillers again, but I refuse to allow myself to become like I did. Every time I crave, I go through what would happen if I did have, if I did find one. I'd pop it, feel high for a few hours then what? It's back to square one. It's not worth it. Not one bit. Honestly, the mental cravings that remain for a long time are far worst then the cold sweats and physical symptoms that come from withdrawals. It often affects my daily life, though it's gotten much easier as time has passed.

OP, be careful with opiates, seriously. One thing that might make you realize is that painkillers are very close to heroin, especially Oxy's. So many people go from Oxy, to Heroin because it's cheaper. I'm thankful everyday I never touched a needle or a bag of heroin in my life, and I never plan to. Please, be safe and careful.

If your doing opiates to just get high, you're in for a crazy trip. What do you tell people that take opiates for pain? Pain meds help those in need to feel a bit better in life. If you abuse opiates just to get high, you will be going from 1 Vicodin to an Oxy 40 within a month which is disaster.

You and I are twinners like that. I'll take 20mg Hydro about 5-6 times a month for social phobia/anxiety. I'm TERRIFIED to take any more than that for fear that the addiction beast will devour me. I've been doing it for close to a year now.

Besides....only 5-6 times a month makes every single time I take a dose feel like the first time. =D

Great story J Wallace...thanks for disclosing this for the benefit of all!

This can be done & if you wanna get high, this is the only way to do it. A couple times a month seperated by a certain amount of days in between each dose. Only way to do pain meds every day is if you actually have pain, then you're not usually doing them to get high.

This can be done & if you wanna get high, this is the only way to do it. A couple times a month seperated by a certain amount of days in between each dose. Only way to do pain meds every day is if you actually have pain, then you're not usually doing them to get high.

You still get addicted to them.

Yeah, the whole occasional dosing thing sure does solve the dependence problem, but easier said than done. I had taken them like you did for 3-4 years, no problems at all. Then I got hurt playing baseball, and got scripted a more steady supply of pain medication. I found that my pain could be masked, and I could feel great. And then the rest is history.. tolerance.. shooting dope.. blah blah blah.

I am glad you guys have kept it under control, but just don't think you are immune because it hasn't happened to yet. Hopefully you never have eto experience the bullshit of hardcore junkyism. But remember most junkies didn'tjust wake up one day and say I wanna shoot dope every day, etc.. It is a slow progression most of the time.

I wouldn't necessarily say you're "well on your way", but talking the way you are right now, I'd say yes you just may be on your way.

The first time I felt an opiate high was on 270 mg of codeine in tylenol #3's. I remember it was just absolutely beautiful. It was the greatest thing ever. I know you're probably thinking "codeine, what?" But my only previous opiate experience before that was 60 mg of codeine (twice), so 270mg of codeine was heaven at the time to me. Now, 11 years later I'm on 130 mg methadone/day for IV heroin and morphine addiction and no matter how much codeine I take it does nothing.

It has been a hellacious ride, I would suggest you stop now because right now you CAN STOP VERY EASILY! Trust me, an opiate habit is not fun. In the end we all end up the same - jail, institutions, or death - or in my case, methadone. So I'm still shackled by this addiction.

Maybe hes shackled emotionally or physically & rather deal with it with opiates. Not everyone is the same & just because you handled opiates the way you did doesnt mean he will end up the same way.

You still get addicted to them.

You can get addicted to opiates like you can any other drug. If it happens, it happens but I rather be addicted to opiates than crack, coke or alcohol, jmo.

Some people are sex addicts, what are you gonna do, it happens.

Thanks guys, real helpful! Yeah harm-reduction alright! Lets stay away from hard drugs and stick with the drugs that really are good for you, like pot and mushrooms! YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!! You are obviously very young if you think this site is producing more harm-reduction than harm-promotion. And I'm only 17. ONLY SEVENTEEN AND DOING COMBOS ALL FUCKIN DAY. So what does that make you?

You can get addicted to opiates like you can any other drug. If it happens, it happens but I rather be addicted to opiates than crack, coke or alcohol, jmo.

Some people are sex addicts, what are you gonna do, it happens.

I was saying that you get addicted to opiates even if you take them scripted for pain, but yeah.

Thanks guys, real helpful! Yeah harm-reduction alright! Lets stay away from hard drugs and stick with the drugs that really are good for you, like pot and mushrooms! YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!! You are obviously very young if you think this site is producing more harm-reduction than harm-promotion. And I'm only 17. ONLY SEVENTEEN AND DOING COMBOS ALL FUCKIN DAY. So what does that make you?

lololololol