• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

SO Weather thread - what's it like at your place now?

spork that is totally mind-blowing!! I've never seen even close to that amount of snow before in my life! 8o

What happened with the Hurricane in Oz?

Well, it hit the coast at about 11pm last night, the small coastal towns of Innisfail, Lucinda, Tully and Mission Beach were hit the hardest, about 90% of the buildings in those towns are destroyed.

The cyclone continued throughout the night maintaining the category 5 intensity, until it finally started to downgrade as it moved inland in the early hours of this morning.

It's now about 500km inland and downgraded to a category 2 cyclone.

No deaths or injuries have been reported!! *big sigh of relief*
In fact, 3 babies were born in various evacuation centres during the storm!! So technically that's a -3 death toll hahaha =D

But it still pretty much completely wiped out everything in its path that wasn't cyclone-proof. It's gonna be one huge clean-up :(

When is that snowstorm due to ease up?? Is it due to dump any more snow anywhere or is it done for now?

^wow.
That's crazy. Good no deaths though!

Hopefully someone more in the know will give us a snow update :)

Woke up this morning, temp was 19-degrees F, near record cold for Tucson but at least the sun is out, should warm up to the 50's Tomorrow.

KOLD_7Day.jpg

Pipes froze but didn't break.

It's cold and partly cloudy here at the moment. Supposed to be icy tomorrow, hopefully no snow. On sunday afternoon we were sunbathing nude on our front porch.. today it is 25 out there... weather is so odd here.

20.2 inches of snow in Chicago from the blizzard. Most of the main streets are plowed, but they haven't gotten to the side streets yet. I couldn't get my car out of my garage even if I wanted to.

Supposed to get close to 80 here in Southern California by the end of the week.

Oh, all sunshine too.

;)

You guys can harass me this summer though when the triple degree heat sets in for months on end and I'm sprawled out naked next to my little AC whenever I get the chance :|

Currently in Tennessee and its just above freezing but sunny. The big storm that was supposed to wallop New York City merely dropped a few centimeters and some freezing rain. I will be back in the tropics soon unfortunately.

when the triple degree heat sets in for months on end and I'm sprawled out naked next to my little AC whenever I get the chance :|

This is pretty much exactly what I'm experiencing right now in Sydney :|

^^ Oh you converted to C!! Much appreciated hun :) <3

Right now in my backyard it's 39C (102F)
Booooo :(

^Omg. That is awful :(
102 is just misery.
Hope you cool down soon!!

Thanks lovely. We were supposed to get a cool change yesterday....but where is it?! :!
:)

Whats the storm like where you're at?

No storm here, unless you're talkin about a LOVE STORM!!! ;)

But for real, I grew up in the Chicago area and have seem some seriously gnarly, MEAN storms! Some where I couldn't even walk because the wind was blowing so hard I'd have gotten knocked over if not holding on to something, and then of course walking on ice AND the wind woooh!!....But never in my life was school/work or anything canceled! so this most recent storm they had was some serious shit!!! I'm almost sad i missed it!! But only almost ;)

Woke up this morning, temp was 19-degrees F, near record cold for Tucson but at least the sun is out, should warm up to the 50's Tomorrow.

KOLD_7Day.jpg

Pipes froze but didn't break.

I wish I could have gotten a pic of the 3 day forecast for the other day, it said "SUNSHINE.....NICE!.......STILL NICE!!!" lol They always put something cute like that.

I wish I could have gotten a pic of the 3 day forecast for the other day, it said "SUNSHINE.....NICE!.......STILL NICE!!!" lol They always put something cute like that.

Hahaha that is very cute :D

Here's my backyard. Right now 1C. High of 9C with showers
Do you like how ghetto we are with the Xmas tree on the deck?
001wqu.jpg