View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that was a post by Erny. No reports/documentation to substantiate that claim though.
We should likely still exercise caution with this one considering there hasn't been much ground covered.

I'm not saying it isn't advisable to tell people to be careful with their doses and to stick around the 1mg range, but it's clearly pretty bullshit to tell people that 4mg is going to kill people.

No, I feel you. His report had other seeming inaccuracies, enough to make me question the identity of the substance... FWIW

Where can I get Hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin in the UK, I searched every where. Any more detailed teks?

You can't ask for synthesis or source information, even for Febreze.

I'm not saying it isn't advisable to tell people to be careful with their doses and to stick around the 1mg range, but it's clearly pretty bullshit to tell people that 4mg is going to kill people.

Why is it hard to believe that 4 mg taken all at once could be deadly? When you have a compound which is active at 400 ug, 4 mg is 10 times the dose. Do you think that 10 times the normal dose of 2C-E would not be dangerous? If you consider a normal dose of 2C-E is 15-20 mg, then 10 times it is 150-200 mg. That is within the range of doses thought to be associated with the recently reported deaths. Certainly with bromo-dragonfly, which has a similar effective dosage, 4 mg is known to be pretty dangerous.

Apples and oranges. Even huge overdoses of benzodiazepines are not life-threatening (unless combined with another depressant). Of course, advising people not to overdo it is good HR.

Apples and oranges. Even huge overdoses of benzodiazepines are not life-threatening (unless combined with another depressant). Of course, advising people not to overdo it is good HR.

Exactly! 4 mg may not be the LD50, it may be the LD1 (only 1 in 100 will die), but that is still too dangerous IMO. It only takes one death, even if due to recklessness, to get the attention of the law.

Why is it hard to believe that 4 mg taken all at once could be deadly? When you have a compound which is active at 400 ug, 4 mg is 10 times the dose. Do you think that 10 times the normal dose of 2C-E would not be dangerous? If you consider a normal dose of 2C-E is 15-20 mg, then 10 times it is 150-200 mg. That is within the range of doses thought to be associated with the recently reported deaths. Certainly with bromo-dragonfly, which has a similar effective dosage, 4 mg is known to be pretty dangerous.

Because there is plenty of data consisting of trip reports all around the internet that indicates that 4mg would not be dangerous. Like I already said, advising people not to take 4mg is perfectly fine, but it is a rather unsubstantiated claim that it would kill most people, let alone some people.

And like Vader said, you're comparing apples to oranges - IIRC the nbomes are thought to have different pharmacology from classic PEAs like 2c-e. If you want to actually compare apples to apples, look at 25c, where someone overdosed on 30mg without dangerous physical effect. That indicates to me that 4mg of an equally potent substance would not be dangerous, let alone deadly in overdose. It would not suggest that I should do 4mg, though...

Where is the data to show that the pharmacology of NBOMes is different than other phenethylamine psychedelics? What is the scientific basis for that assumption that NBOMes have different pharmacology? Has anyone compared animal toxicology of the 2C-Xs and 2C-NBOMes? Or are you just guessing? They bind to the same receptors and are metabolized by the same pathways, as far as we know. We are collecting the human pharmacology data right now. Do you want to be the one to discover the LD50? Since this site is supposed to be for harm reduction, it would be wise to assume that the therapeutic index (LD50/ED50) of NBOMes is similar to other members of the phenethylamine psychedelics, until there is actual data showing something different. There are already some pretty scary trip reports posted from just 1.5-2 mg of these compounds. Just because someone survived 30 mg doesn't mean everyone can.8(

Where is the data to show that the pharmacology of NBOMes is different than other phenethylamine psychedelics? What is the scientific basis for that assumption that NBOMes have different pharmacology? Has anyone compared animal toxicology of the 2C-Xs and 2C-NBOMes? Or are you just guessing? They bind to the same receptors and are metabolized by the same pathways, as far as we know. We are collecting the human pharmacology data right now. Do you want to be the one to discover the LD50? Since this site is supposed to be for harm reduction, it would be wise to assume that the therapeutic index (LD50/ED50) of NBOMes is similar to other members of the phenethylamine psychedelics, until there is actual data showing something different. There are already some pretty scary trip reports posted from just 1.5-2 mg of these compounds. Just because someone survived 30 mg doesn't mean everyone can.8(

It's just something I've seen tossed around on these boards, I shouldn't have really said that though given that I knew it wasn't a substantiated claim.

But I haven't read anything really "scary" from 1.5-2mg of this compound, if you'd like to link me to something scary go ahead. I don't consider tachychardia worrying, especially when people have a penchant for exaggerating physical side effects of psychedelics in their altered mind states.

It's all kind of beside though point though, because I've repeatedly said I don't recommend taking 4mg, I'm just saying it's a little extreme for someone to say "4mg of this chemical will kill you." IIRC, erny made that claim in a tone that suggested he was certain.

For comparison, we don't generally say "150mg of 2c-e will kill you." We tell people that it's an excessive dose and inadvisable. There is a difference.

It's just something I've seen tossed around on these boards, I shouldn't have really said that though given that I knew it wasn't a substantiated claim.

But I haven't read anything really "scary" from 1.5-2mg of this compound, if you'd like to link me to something scary go ahead. I don't consider tachychardia worrying, especially when people have a penchant for exaggerating physical side effects of psychedelics in their altered mind states.

It's all kind of beside though point though, because I've repeatedly said I don't recommend taking 4mg, I'm just saying it's a little extreme for someone to say "4mg of this chemical will kill you." IIRC, erny made that claim in a tone that suggested he was certain.

For comparison, we don't generally say "150mg of 2c-e will kill you." We tell people that it's an excessive dose and inadvisable. There is a difference.

For a "scary" example, look at this report on Erowid: https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=88985

I agree that there have been lots of reports of people taking 100-150 mg 2C-E and surviving, so we thought that it had a high therapeutic index, until the deaths in Minnesota earlier this year. So, I would say 4 mg of an NBOMe COULD, not will, kill you, and 150 mg 2C-E COULD kill you, we just don't know for sure. I certainly agree with you that excessive doses like those are inadvisable and should be discouraged strongly.

Where is the data to show that the pharmacology of NBOMes is different than other phenethylamine psychedelics?
IIRC the 2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine NBOMe analogues are less potent than the phenethylamine counterpart, when the primary amines have the opposite relationship.

I was under the impression that the Minnesota deaths were the result of mislabeled BDF? If I'm wrong I will gladly edit this post so as not to further perpetuate misinformation.

That was in Oklahoma. The death (or deaths, can't remember how many) in Minnesota was supposed to be from 2C-E. I've never seen any correction to that.

I can't find anything verifying that it was actually 2C-E, or anything about what happened to Timothy Lamere that might give a clue, was he ever sentenced?

This morning took 100mg of mescaline hcl, then 45 minutes later took another 100mg of mescaline hcl, then after the effects of both 200mg of mescaline hcl were felt working, a 50mg motion sickness pill taken along with 400ug of 25i-nbome under tongue, held there for 20 minutes. Ate a sandwich and chips with milk after the full affects of the mescaline felt as I didn't want to be tripping on low-blood sugar or completely empty stomach.

(3 to 4 hours into the trip).....this feels exactly as though I had taken 200ug of acid, in fact there is no way on earth I would be able to tell the two apart. 200mg of mescaline hcl + 400ug (micrograms) of 25i-nbome feels exactly the same as though I had taken 200ug of acid. The only difference is that I experienced no anxiety with the taking of mescaline and 25i-nbome, whereas I am certain I would have experienced quite a bit of anxiety with the 200ug of acid during the come-up period.

Visuals are exactly the same as had I taken 200ug of acid, mental state, everything completely alike. This trip has taken me far further than the trip taken days ago. Un-real cev and oev visuals, mind state exact same as acid.

You really want to be careful when combining these two as they potentiate each other to a remarkable degree. If you can handle a 200ug acid trip, then by all means try 200mg of mescaline hcl together with 400ug of 25i. No nausea, no un-remarkable stimulation, in fact my blood pressure is lower than it normally is. zero body load, zero side effects.

At one point, 2 classic looking alien creatures morphed out of the bathroom tile brick and began imparting information to me, that kind of stuff, seriously "way out there." Closed eyes being shown how complex material things from ancient man's past were put together in stages, one by one, like a motion picture.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
taking a short break from psychedelics after this one, this trip has given me so much material to work with, it's gonna take me a long time to digest it all. Anyone who has been on a 200 microgram acid trip or more powerful will certainly understand where I'm coming from. This trip is so very profound in every sense of the word.

Last edited:
Tregar question on your work on HPBCD-complexed nbome's, they are a great read by the way. If one has acquired hpbcd but the blotters were made a while back, would sprinkling the powder at an 8 to 1 ratio on the blotters work? Are would one have to magnetic stir hpbcd powder and alcohol at the same ratio and apply to blotters and re-dry. Thanks

Thanks fmspank. I would think that simply sprinkling on about 9 to 10 times of HPBCD to the drug on the blotter would work fine, then drop on some 95% etoh or vodka and let it dry completely, or you could simply add water and let it dry completely as well (this will take a bit longer to dry).

p.s. 200 to 250mg mescaline hcl + 225ug of 25i-nbome feels indistinguishable from 175ug of acid to me. I feel that 25i-nbome is "incomplete" on it's own, but with mescaline becomes a whole nother ball game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 25i-nbome works the best when combined when mescaline, then it becomes fully "mind-manifesting", virtually indistinguishable from acid. 25i-nbome on it's own may be euphoric as "all get out" (more like an "en-fun-theogen") but it lacks spirituality and deep memory access, the higher traits of true psychedelics. The super strong visual power of 25i (due to it's strong 5-HT2A & 5-HT2C agonism) becomes fully archaic and meaningful when combined with mescaline, the two combined is a trip like no other, very similar in affinity receptor agonism as LSD....the two together achieving complete spiritual, full emotional & intellectual mind-manifesting balance.

For example, 200mg of mescaline hcl + 200ug of 25i-nbome feels like 150ug of acid...except even more visual, and with less anxiety. Keep your 25i-nbome dose LOW, as it is the most potent 5-HT2A & 5-HT2C receptor agonist ever discovered...only a little bit needs to be added to boost the 5-ht2A and 5-HT2c agonism to be modulated by the mescaline, over-doing the 25i-nbome dose will give you a trip like 200ug of acid or more, and that is way too strong for most people. It would be better to boost the mescaline to 250mg + 250ug of 25i-nbome to rise to the level of 175ug of acid.

....you want the receptor agonism to be balanced, you don't want the 5-HT2A/5-HT2C agonism of 25i to "over-ride" the mescaline's 5-HT2B, 5-HT1A, 5-HT1E agonism, look at Ray's study on LSD and you'll see that even LSD gives slightly higher preference to 5-HT1A over 5-HT2A/5-HT2C, keep things in balance.

My trip posted above of 200mg mescaline hcl + 400ug of 25i was way too heavy on the 25i, it should have been instead: 250mg of mescaline + 250ug of 25i, or 300mg of mescaline + 300ug of 25i...this would have resulted in a much overall better receptor agonism balance.

Last edited:
I thank you for your quick response, I will try this and let you know how it works out. I also want to try this on a couple different nbome compounds that I have to see if absorption is enhanced. Finding mesclane hcl might be a challenge for me but thanks for the tip. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.