• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Appreciate the reply!

Does anyone know if seroquel potentiates codeine at low doses?

Here's a quote from someone on BL talking about this:
"Quetiapine is mainly metabolized by CYP3A4 which is also responsible of turning codeine into shitty norcodeine. In theory this might increase the conversion to morphine by CYP2D6. Tough question."

Last edited:
Seroquel/quetiapine would only potentiate your codeine if you were desperate for an antihistamine. The anti-psychotic aspects of it generally make emotions like pleasure and enjoyment difficult.

For codeine, most of the benefit that BL users are after comes from its conversion to morphine by your liver enzymes, specifically CYP2D6. Which means you want that enzyme fully operational. There's nothing OTC or benign out there that will induce this enzyme; everything else inhibits it, which you do not want. That's the opposite for a lot of other opioids.

Tramadol is the other major drug that requires a functional enzyme for max. benefit.

So there's no reason to add quetiapine, unless it's at a low dose, for the antihistamine effect. A lot of your standard antihistamines do inhibit CYP2D6, like promethazine and diphenhydramine. But, also remember that a single molecule of inhibitor does not wipe out all your liver enzymes. It's going to be dose-dependent

I get 100 pure 30 mg tablets every two weeks and these newer ones I get dissolve easily in water however I am not going to dose much today due to tolerance etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone noticed that the pure prescription(no apap) codeine tablets in uk are harder that the otc stuff to dissolve AND take longer to kick in when they are dissolved I was just wondering if anyone dose taking these little tablets could shed any light on this.

Aha! Add lemon juice.

I never get a clear solution for Ibup+Codeine using exactly the same method that gives crystal clear solutions from Paracetamol/DHC. I think it is the binders used with Ibup rather than there being lots of Ibup in the result - it has never made me feel ill (I'd still rather have a clear result though). Do make sure you don't use anything with Ibuprophen Lysine in it for CWE. Ibuprophen Lysine in much more soluble in cold water than Ibuprophen, so if you do CWE with Ibup Lysine you still end up with lots of Ibup in your final result which will do you no good at all if you drink it (very bad for the stomach).

Aha! I see from later comments that I need to reduce the pH (make it more acidic) to get rid of the ibuprophen - will try adding lemon juice next time I try and CWE ibup+codeine.

I just eat them - are they better dissolved?
Well they started to get stuck in my throat but even when I crush and submerge the little white grains and coating never seem or dissolve and they get stuck in my throat as well but it's a lot better than getting a whole tablet stuck down there I always dissolve mine now cus it hits faster stronger which is what I want when I'm in pain of u ever have the chance dissolve some cocodomal then dissolve the pure codeine 30s you will see what I mean ✌

Great write up. Enjoyed reading the different preparation methods. I personally use hot water to dissolve then when luke warm put in the freezer and check every 10-20 mins for it to be cold on the outside of the jug and slightest bit of freeze on the top layer i mean the slightest. then filter away using double ply kitchen roll. Always end up with a clear solution. Only problem is the volume of water im using, i dont know how to measure this out correctly to a box of 32 tablets containing 8mg codeine. I use a basic pyrex jug for measuring. Just home basics but gets the job done. If anyone can assist me on the volume of water to 32 tablets i should be using please quote me or PM me. Thank you

Great write up. Enjoyed reading the different preparation methods. I personally use hot water to dissolve then when luke warm put in the freezer and check every 10-20 mins for it to be cold on the outside of the jug and slightest bit of freeze on the top layer i mean the slightest. then filter away using double ply kitchen roll. Always end up with a clear solution. Only problem is the volume of water im using, i dont know how to measure this out correctly to a box of 32 tablets containing 8mg codeine. I use a basic pyrex jug for measuring. Just home basics but gets the job done. If anyone can assist me on the volume of water to 32 tablets i should be using please quote me or PM me. Thank you
If I may just get a 100-200ml water bottle put all tablets in their pour water for about 1\4 of the bottle so about 50-100 ml and you can put the bottle cap on and shake the bottle until they dissolve the great thing about this is you lose nothing of you do it right it's less messy and it's the best way by far just put in the tablets leave for five-ten min then shake the help out of it and you know the rest.

As long as water is cold you can use basically any amount I personally use 1/4 the size of an average water bottle maybe a bit more depending on how many tablets if I may offer one more piece of advice get yourself a prescription especially if you are in pain and the only thing that helps is cocodomal that's what I said and it was the truth 3 years ago it was I got diagnosed with crohns disease and I get 100 pure 30 mg codeine tablet s every 2 weeks and I can take up to 8 a day and to be honest I don't know what I would do without this prescription walking to 5 different pharmacies every other day then slobbering over my filter as I wait for it to filter the meager 256mg per pack.. Fuk that if ur gonna do drugs do them right I say.

Nervous about APAP ingestion even w/CWE. Put me at ease.

Long time opioid user here. Performed CWE on 2600mg of APAP to extract opioid 2x 2 days ago. Though I have performed CWE on far more than this over the course of a day before and definitely visibly confirmed (though did not weigh) what appeared to be a suitable amount of APAP extracted from the filtrate, I am still nervous about this. I have experienced nausea and vomiting, which I suspect logically was actually from the relatively high dose of opioid and subsided after the first time I vomited. I do not think my skin looks jaundiced although it appears as if the bottom of my sclera are slightly yellower than the rest, which are perfectly pearly white (I know this is probably just anxiety talking though. It is a VERY slight difference that I've been staring at my eyes for hours trying to figure out if it's even there or not). I can't tell if the general "malaise" I'm feeling is from my anxiety or something else. I don't have other symptoms - none of the upper right quadrant pain or anything like that. Just looking to put myself at ease and perhaps get some tips if anyone has any as to how to stay extra safe in future.

2600mg APAP is not much more than half the max recommended daily dose...your liver is fine. It's your nerves you should worry about.

Indeed. APAP is much more an issue for most people with long term use. Unless you have major health problems I doubt you’ll have a problem here.

Pls do check in with us to let us know how you’re doing :)

I?m just going to say this and you guys take it how you want to take it. I understand we?re here for harm reduction sake but I also dislike misinformation.
I very rarely CWE because I never wanted to waste a single mg of my norcos or codeine or oxy.
I?ve popped 3-4 grams of Tylenol at once or 2-3 grams twice a day if I took 2 doses.
I?ve never JD a single stomach ache or problem, people always said I?d Be super fucked with my liver and all this nonesense ...

I did this like 15 times throughout my opiate use until I started snorting and shooting up that stopped.

I know people In Australia that take over the counter codeine pills mixed with caffeine and Tylenol.
There?s not much codeine in these pills so they take like 20 at a time.
I saw 3-4 people who took from 10-30 grams a day for months. Yes one of them had severe stomch problems (surprisingly not liver) and had some issues but some didn?t.
They say the liver builds up an immunity to Tylenol but of course it?s not healthy, and if I could I would take norcos (hydrocodone) pure without Tylenol If I could, but they come with Tylenol.
Idk I say this so maybe you calm down.
1-2 times taking 2-3 grams to me is practically HARMLSSS.
I know ima get flack for this i always do

Well, it’s true a lot of people can tolerate ridiculously high doses of APAP. At one point in my early drug using days I would [foolishly] take 10g APAP/day somewhat regularly via the old 5/500 Vicodins. Didn’t seem to have any issues with it at the time, and high doses were pretty regular for me over the course of two or three years.

However, the big caveat to that is there are also a lot of people who would get into a life threatening place taking that much APAP. And it’s horrible way to go. There isn’t a way to know before hand (unless one knows one has liver issues) to tell whether or not one will be able to tolerate doses of APAP like that.

The risks are just too high. Now, a lot of people can handle massive doses of APAP, but by the same token a lot of folks can’t. So why risk it? It’s a huge risk after all. I totally understand how someone wouldn’t want to risk losing drugs via CWE, and be okay with risking it for the sake of a high.

But given the risks is really isn’t worth it. And fwiw I am pretty sure my early days of high dose APAP recklessness has contributed to health problems with my liver and kidneys down the road. So even if it isn’t an issue at the time, it very well could become an issue later down the road.

Especially if someone likes other drugs that tax the liver like alcohol (and I suspect OTC formulations of DXM, which I’m pretty sure contributed to the issue for me), it’s reakky really a bad idea to eat too much APAP. Not worth dealing with serious health issues down the road.

Just wanted to point out that even if high dose APAP is okay at the time, that doesn’t mean it is safe. Because it most definitely isn’t. Especially for heavy drinkers, someone with a preexisting liver issue and people who are most sensitive to APAP OD like the elderly.

Not to my knowledge.

Opiates are actually really safe on the body long term. There may be some GI/digestive/intestinal and endocrine issues that develop with really heavy long term use, but as generally rule they are some of the safer drugs out there.

Issues are more related to legal access and addiction issue, but those have more to do with how a culture treats opiate use than it does any intrinsic pharmacology.

^ Good advice, Toothpastedog.

is morphine/codeine itself bad for the liver long term?

Yes TPD gives consistently good advice :)

Higher doses of either can cause a spasm of the Sphincter of Oddi which connects to the pancreas and bile duct but is not usually serious, Opioids are processed through the liver by glucuronidation which doesn't "run out" like Glutathione, like when too much APAP is taken. S-Adenosyl methionine (SAMe) and N Acetyl Cysteine are two things that replenish Glutathione, which clears APAP before it turns to toxic NAPQI (N-acetyl-p-benzoquinone imine). But trying to take the N.A.Cysteine antidote orally is nearly impossible unless you let it accumulate for days/ weeks.It has to be injected at certain intervals in hospitals for immediate overdose. SAMe is a bit easier and effective also. Overall though opioids are are no way near APAP with regards to being hard on one's liver.

Last edited:
The thing with CWE's is that unless your extraction is milk-white or you're using boiling water then you're good to go. 4g of APAP(which is still a relatively safe dose) will most definitely be visible in a small glass of water, let alone any more than that.
It's true tho that some people are more sensitive then others when it comes to paracetamol, so to make sure you're getting the least possible amount of it in your drink use COLD WATER. I really don't know why certain tutorials teach you to use lukewarm water, doesn't make any sense to me because if I'm not mistaken codeine is actually less soluble in warm water. Just crush your tablets up into a fine powder and stir the liquid thoroughly before filtering.

Scrofula appreciate the reply, I've tried a little doxylamine after dosing codeine(to avoid messing with the enzymes) and I don't know if it's placebo, but I feel like it made the experience more enjoyable, definitely more sedating.

So how is everyone moved on to H yet?
lmao

Are the first few drops of the filtered liquid the most potent? For whatever reason they have problems with shipping certain medicines to where I'm at right now and the only pills you can get have caffeine in em and large amounts of caffeine can really mess with the buzz. As far as I know there are no simple ways of removing caffeine from the extraction, so I just use less water and make sure it's cold as fucc. What are some methods I can use to make sure all of the codeine gets extracted?