• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Usually not I my rule is it it's clear down it and if it's slightly cloudy down it :d if you want to be certain put it in the fridge or freezer (don't let it freezefreeze!) and if it's still crystal clear it is safe as can be. Crystal clear water can contain up to 8000 mg of apap per 50 ml depending on temperature.

Centrifuge home made is the best way to filter IMO as filters are sometimes expensive messy, single use or slow.

Drill
Cable ties 4mm wide
8inch bolt with loop at one end could probably use any long bolt with a cable tie holding the "pairs" in place provided you are mindful how aligned it is when you spin
2 tubes screw top I use 15ml with 5 tablets each could even use mini plastic spirit bottles.

I attached 2 pairs of 3 cable ties looped together with the smallest loop size that allows tube movement up and out with the final Loop size snug on my tubes.

Using my 1200rpm max drill I can centrifuge out the apap in 5 minutes. Suggests eye/face protection and be mindful if a tube came loose that it isn't aiming for anything critical.
Once spun down clear liquid simple pours off leaving behind nasty apap.
My preferred dose is 2-3 tubes 150-225mg codiene.

I use to just use a 50ml spirit bottles and leave it settle overnight but I like centrifuge method much more.
I see hand crank and other centrifuges can be bought for $10-$50 dollars these days but I'd still rather use my homemade as it looks less interesting to LEO and others

Also works well for crushed kapanol balls in 3ml tubes or any other tablets I guess.

Last edited:
Wondering if I'm able to do a cwe and once filtered and extracted can I leave overnight to drink the next morning?

Don't leave your codeine for to long outside of a freezer or it will turn into a foul brown liquid probably due to the water degrading

don't waste codeine.

Oh and dxm is something every codeine used should get aka 'benylin dry coughs' I had some today and shit I'm as high as can be..

Don't leave your codeine for to long outside of a freezer or it will turn into a foul brown liquid probably due to the water degrading

don't waste codeine.

Like overnight it will turn??

Or after a couple days long?

Never had that problem if it's only overnight.

not over night in dirty conditions about 20 hours my bedroom was very dirty etc so that's why it wasn't ruined because luckily I checked it but the brown had started to develop and the taste was foul it still got me high though another time I did leave it for a while in a water bottle in the cellar and it had a horrible cheap vodka smell to it.

I'm not exaggerating though it doesn't happen overnight but I remember being so surprised at how fast it started to go bad as long as you filter your doses the night before it's cool just remember to keep an eye on it if it's not in the freezer alcohol will stop it from going bad if you need to save it if anyone doesn't know.

Just curious as I've used new tablets crushed on clean glass and filtered through lab filter paper that stayed good for several days sealed. Not that it's a good practice, I've just never noticed it to turn fast like a food product or something. EtOH seems reasonable if cold storage is unavailable.

When it comes to cwe's I'm pretty sure it's the same as simply leaving a glass of water overnight. If the cup was initially clean and you didn't sip out of it, it should be perfectly fine, but of course it's better to put it in a fridge. I once left one in a cold room(about 18?C/65?F) for 3 days and it was a bit nasty, but still drinkable(and it got me high as well)

No, I'm splitting hairs. Fridge always when possible.

I've been using one of these recently and I like the simplicity over lab papers, a buchner funnel with sidearm and 24/40 flask with the vacuum pump setup hassle.

melitta-pour-over-coffee-maker-2-porcelain-brewers-home-boyers_870_180x.jpg

The number 2 filters are decent, have little retention and are easy to wash.

I just use toilet paper and I actually think it works better. I've used these same beige coffee filters multiple times and each time when I was lightly pressing the filter at the end of the cwe to drip out the last few drops it started letting through paracetamol, which never happens with toilet papers. Also they are slower, get clogged up easier and are a lot less common in people's households(my coffee machine definitely works without them)

I dunno what coffee filter you use bro but I have used the same brand for years if I do it right I can filter 32 tablets in under 5 minutes you two arnt only using 1 filter are you.. Cus that won't filter shit you need 2 coffee filters minimal inside each other and completely damp for maximum filter effectiveness but if you really can't wait use 3 filters, two glasses with 3 filters can filter over 600mg in under 5 minutes.

No it's a water extraction not a syrup one, unfortunately most people have codeine lying around I bet half the people on this thread have folks who have codeine and they could probably blag some for free but then again I guess half the people on here at least can't get high off codeine anymore sadly.

I used to have quite a large tolerance to opioids when I was an IV user. I currently take about 24-30g of kratom a day which holds me over but I never get a good buzz. I wanted to just drink the whole bottle but because that's the only way I will feel how I want to feel. This syrup is too weak to get me feeling right (although it has helped my cough thank god). I need up taking 50mg codeine from the bottle and mixed it with some kratom and 4mg alprazolam ( I take 1mg 3x daily so I have a tolerance to benzos as well) and a beer and a little pot. I feel definitely a little warm and relaxed and stress free. No amazing high, but 150% better than how I was feeling before. I have had a horrible throat infection the past few days and it was so painful I was in tears when I would cough and blood was mixed in with my phlegm from coughing so hard.

I used to have quite a large tolerance to opioids when I was an IV user. I currently take about 24-30g of kratom a day which holds me over but I never get a good buzz. I wanted to just drink the whole bottle but because that's the only way I will feel how I want to feel. This syrup is too weak to get me feeling right (although it has helped my cough thank god). I need up taking 50mg codeine from the bottle and mixed it with some kratom and 4mg alprazolam ( I take 1mg 3x daily so I have a tolerance to benzos as well) and a beer and a little pot. I feel definitely a little warm and relaxed and stress free. No amazing high, but 150% better than how I was feeling before. I have had a horrible throat infection the past few days and it was so painful I was in tears when I would cough and blood was mixed in with my phlegm from coughing so hard.
Aw I hope you get well soon mate.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the advice. I made my own thread about the guaif extraction and another Blue states it would be too much work for the layman to do it. Luckily I am starting school for chem this fall so I will be learning all the tricks haha

I dunno what coffee filter you use bro but I have used the same brand for years if I do it right I can filter 32 tablets in under 5 minutes you two arnt only using 1 filter are you.. Cus that won't filter shit you need 2 coffee filters minimal inside each other and completely damp for maximum filter effectiveness but if you really can't wait use 3 filters, two glasses with 3 filters can filter over 600mg in under 5 minutes.
Ive definitely used some different brand. But either way if you have a tea infuser or something similar you can just stuff it with wet toilet paper and it does the job perfectly(you don't need a lot either)

Just nearly done filtering tomorrows doses 760-768 mg was filtered figure that will make for a nice relaxing sunday:D