• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Some of the yield is lost in the codeine solution saturating the filter and paracetamol/binders. If you squeeze it dry and wash it through with a little more water, you can up your yield but be sure not to squeeze the paracetamol straight into your codeine solution which you've so carefully filtered. The more water you use, the more you yield but the more impractical it is to deal with.

Yeah, I'd be willing to give cold water another bash. I guess poor technique could account for my low yields. The solvent I used to use is far more strictly controlled now; CW is my only real shot at this now. What's most annoying is I used to know a formula to make freebase codeine, but that was donkeys years ago.

I guess the key to decent yields would be investing in some really good filters; I think this could make a big difference. The funny thing is, I recently came into a shopping bag full of co-codamol, over 150 of the things, and these have 30mgs of codeine in, (you need a script for that in the UK), so I've got my "raw materials". I guess I'll try a small sample batch. What's a good amount of pills to put into an extraction btw?

Hell yes! The yields are important, as I need a lot of codeine for my needs. Luckily in the UK, we can buy codeine linctus, with a solid 500 mgs approx per bottle, but these are an endangered species these days.

Would you like an estimate?

What do you use, how frequently?

Are you still wondering about how many tabs to CWE?

Once I started getting an opiate tolerance, codeine became a chore to get anything from it. I mean, I could still get high as fuck from it (still can). But it requires a bit of preparation.

Empty stomach (waking in the morns good), potentiators and things that synergize with it, all at the right time.

Yeah, maintaining a dependence to such a short-acting and relatively weak opiate can be a nightmare. I used to get sick every four-5 hrs, and my tolerance was insane towards the end. (My doc was dihydrocodeine btw).

The thing with me, is I am on 12 mgs of sub right now, and I want off. My plan is to stop cold, and use codeine, loperamide, and tramadol for 3 weeks. (Roughly the time a bupe detox takes). At the end of those 3 weeks, I expect to have a moderate dependence on my "substitutes", so I will either taper or go cold turkey. A withdrawal to codeine is nothing to me; I've done a h, methadone,
Suboxone cluck in my time, and imo withdrawing from weak opiates such as codeine is a walk in the park for me personally. Of course, if I do struggle, I have copious amounts of kratom and kava, and I know these can be a big help.

Of course, bupe is so much stronger than codeine, so I would need a large supply to last for 3 weeks. It's a crazy plan, but It's not mine; a friend told me it worked wonders for him, and his situation/history is so similar to mine, it's almost scary.

you can't put codeine in hot water it ruins it.

Seriously is this appropriate when some of us have codeine addictions? We don't exactly want to see codeine do we and get triggered into using.

You gona go take CODEINE because you saw a pic of it? Lol.

If I post a pic of a Lamborghini you gona go steal it and blame me afterwards?

You gona go take CODEINE because you saw a pic of it? Lol.

If I post a pic of a Lamborghini you gona go steal it and blame me afterwards?
Haha, I know right? If you feel you will be triggered by a picture, don't click on a codeine guide tagged with "with pics".. Sorry if that's a little harsh, but cmon..

Ahhhhh, this is making me drool. I have 512 mgs upstairs but that's for tomorrow.
I'm on day 2 of detoxing from a dose 20x+ that.
My plan is to take a sufficient dose to mostly curb the WD on day 3, then half that on day 6.
The idea is the WD after each dose will lessen to the point I can go a full week without opiates (what a goal, eh?).

I have to say tapering is the way to go. It never worked for me, as I simply lacked self control; I found it impossible to not take my regular dose, leaving me with only one option: cold turkey.

I have to say tapering is the way to go. It never worked for me, as I simply lacked self control; I found it impossible to not take my regular dose, leaving me with only one option: cold turkey.
As you were writing this, I caved and downed 240mgs.
The relief from such a small dose is incredible when in WD, I haven't been to the bathroom in an hour which right now is a miracle, I might catch up on the sleep I've missed for an hour until it wears off and I'm back at square one. Ha. What a fucking great life it is as an addict.

^ oh yeah, fucking fantastic isn't it? /s

Codeine blocks me up so much more than other opiates/opioids. Probably why, small doses help more than you'd think they should in wd.

I wonder if using some real hardcore "turbolax" could help purge you. I used to have great results with milk of magnesia, even on stronger opiates.
That said, I go regularly on sub, around once a day, sometimes more. I know these drugs cause constipation, but I've never run into serious trouble myself, let alone a fecal impaction. I think if you're body has to go, it will go.

I want to make a CWE of codein for pluggin. I wonder if I can do like this:

.) Mix the crushed tablets with 20ml of water.
.) Instead of filtering with cloth or a coffee filter, I want to use a cotton ball and suck up the solution with a syringe through the cotton ball.

Has anybody done it like this? Will the filtering through the cotton ball be effective?
I don't want to ruin my liver with paracetamol ;)

cheers dirkin

My fish just experienced his first cwe, had some minor difficulties forgot to wet the coffee filter, and he wouldn't recommend using a coffee filter first, it takes forever cause of all the APAP buildup, he quickly grabbed a shirt got it wet and sent the liquid through a few times, THEN went to a coffee filter after his mixture was mostly water, he's waiting now to see what happens, wish him luck!

My fish is beginning to think this is a waste of time and chemicals, he cwe 90mg of hydros and his tolerance is at an all time low due to 2 months off, and he sadly is saying he doesn't feel much at all and should have just ate them, it's been about an hour since he drank the witches potion, hopefully somethin comes he says.

For those who find the freezer takes to long to cool the liquid I would suggest using a process simular to making ice cream.

Materials

1 large Styrofoam cup (44oz fountain drink from convenience store)

1 16 oz water bottle (thin plastic one)

1 coffee filter

1 rubber band

1 cup to collect filtered liquid

Table salt

Some ice cubes

4-6 oz of water

Its ideal to use a already refridgerated bottle of water and pour out contents untill you have the amount of water you've found works best to dissolve pills. Crush the pills however you see fit. Then add the powder to your water bottle. I found just swirling the mixture around for a few seconds seems to be adequate . Now you want to place the bottle in the large cup. Fill in around the bottle with ice and water about half way up does the trick. Now pour table salt into the ice water. You can use the top of the bottle to twist it back and forth agitating the saltwater and ice. The salt will make the ice melt. The thermal transfer will quickly cool the solution faster than your freezer. You can use a coffee filter affixed (using rubberband) to the opening of the bottle as your filter. Remove bottle from large cup and filter contents into a glass of your choice you can remove filter and squeeze to extract remaining liquid. From there you know the rest.

Enjoy responsibly friends.

Been doing CWE with Boots own brand Aspirin/codeine and getting milky results.. I have used this before and it yielded a clear liquid and worked a treat... However I found out what I've been doing wrong... The milky colour has been caused by the fabric conditioner in my shirts hahaha so yeah I wonder if fabric conditioner is a potentiater ... such a dumbass. ...
Lotus flower and diamond flavoured codeine. Yum... :/

I know it says in the first filter to drain for JUST 10minutes.
Does this depend on the amount of water?
Mine has just ticked over 10minutes draining but it still seems like there is much more to filter.
Im going to take a guess and just let it drain a bit longer.