Bluelight

Thread: The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread 
    Bluelighter
    Bluelight

original message:

Looks like this is available at the moment and should soon be more available. Anybody have any info/experiences/speculation?
    Last edited by Solipsis; 10-02-2011 at 12:07.

2. Collapse Details

im expecting this to be hyped up as the previous apb.... but this is the first place im hearing of it... i guess hope is the last to go.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    It was launched with no hype. I was unaware of it until I saw it on offer in a couple of places today.

4. Collapse Details

Slightly more potent (standard dose said to be 70mg), and said to be similar to 6-APB, but with production being more difficult.

5. Collapse Details

Second Opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAzo View Post
    Slightly more potent (standard dose said to be 70mg), and said to be similar to 6-APB, but with production being more difficult.
    Surely there's not much incentive to buy this over 6-APB, if it's essentially the same product but more expensive.

It's a bit disconcerting having these mysterious RCs crawl out of the shadows and right onto the market, before anyone has a chance to gauge what they are and what they do.

6. Collapse Details

but with production being more difficult.
    That doesn't sound good seeing as they can't even produce enough 6-APB.

7. Collapse Details

Could you be more specific about production difficulty? I've seen the 30% more 'aromatic' statement (hence the 70 vs 100mg dose) but haven't seen anything on synthesis.

8. Collapse Details

There is some info on this compound already on bluelight here
    Also known as 3d '3-desoxy-mda' or EMA-4 'Ethylene-monoxy-amphetamine-4'

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tragiclemming View Post
    There is some info on this compound already on bluelight here
    Also known as 3d '3-desoxy-mda' or EMA-4 'Ethylene-monoxy-amphetamine-4'
    I'm just a fool looking at characters on my computer screen, but to me it looks like 3-desoxy-mda is 5-apdb, not 5-apb.

10. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    You're correct, I'd say.

3-desoxy-MDA = 5-APDB = saturated, the D standing for dihydro if I am not mistaken
    5-APB = unsaturated, as in having a double bond.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Solipsis View Post
    You're correct, I'd say.

3-desoxy-MDA = 5-APDB = saturated, the D standing for dihydro if I am not mistaken
    5-APB = unsaturated, as in having a double bond.
    Ok. Got it.
    So 5-(2-aminopropyl)-2,3-dihydrobenzofuran is 5-APDB
    and 5-(2-aminopropyl)benzofuran; 1-(1-benzofuran-5-yl)propan-2-amine is 5-APB
    doesn't look like there is much info on 5-APB.

12. Collapse Details

Did it turn out that 6-APDB was illegal in the UK then? I never understood why the double bonded version wasn't released from the off. I thought the original samples were 6-APDB, and these gave a better high than the later 6-APB samples.

Would 5-APDB be illegal too? Assuming I'm correct in thinking that was the reason for not synthing 6-APDB.

13. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
    The reason they never made 6-APDB was that they accidentally made 6-APB instead because the labs didn't understand what the vendors were asking for, and people liked it, so they kept selling it.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by atara View Post
    The reason they never made 6-APDB was that they accidentally made 6-APB instead because the labs didn't understand what the vendors were asking for, and people liked it, so they kept selling it.
    Is this true?

15. Collapse Details

not sure if thats true.
    I also heard that they didnt make 6-apdb because it was illegal.

16. Collapse Details

based on the naphyrone ban documents I've come around to thinking 6-apdb is probably not illegal. however I'm no organic chemist. my thinking is based on the "Alkyleneoxy derivative" on page 22 of the consideration document from the ACMD, seeing as there are no equivalent clauses as far as I am aware for ordinary amphetamines.

17. Collapse Details

^ It'd be in the phenethylamine act, i think.. It's closely related to MDA..

18. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    MAPS Forums
    ^that's the impression i got. And as I understand it this would basically be the unsaturated version of 3-desoxy-MDA, which, IIRC made the rounds a few years back. Never tried it personally though. Interested to hear about it. At least this one avoided the hype machine.

19. Collapse Details

the initial beta-ketones clauses were the same as the phenethylamines clauses, which is why I think 5/6-apdb aren't covered, as the naphyrone consideration documents specifically mentions the alkyleneoxy derivitives being covered by those particular changes. there aren't these clauses for non-beta-ketones.

20. Collapse Details

any 5-apb reports as of yet?

21. Collapse Details

Very experienced with mdma, in general have lost a long time ago the ecstasy aspect and sometimes don't even enjoy it, have tried few times 6-apb pellets, that didn't bring the miracle i expected at the time, but was ok. On the same family, have had mdat (with which I had an interesting hallucinatory trip, mdai (too mild for my taste)

00.00 baseline. Two coffees, otherwise empty stomach. Popped approx 100mg (no scales, 300 mg divided to 3 parts
    00.40 light euphoria and very light visual distraction
    01.05 It seems that there is a clear headed mild euphoria and the already mentioned visual distraction (with this i mean that my vision is not normal, but i don't have visual hallucinations)
    At the moment this seems to be the peak. Very similar to 6-apb come up, with no confusion at the moment. A feeling also that the experience is staying in my head and not spreading to my body. In general, it is ok. As my organism has had a lot in the past, I am not sure how it would affect not so experienced people. I also give a great attention to psychological factors and know that in another setting it might be much more pleasurable, or might not I cannot know right now. I repeat I don't know if inexperienced md users would have a much stronger experience.
    01.45 It continues as above, I stop the report to turn my interest to other things and will come back if anything changes

22. Collapse Details

^ Is this for 5-APB or MDAT?

23. Collapse Details

synthesis more difficult ? or vendors realising that people are far more stupid gullible and naive than they could ever dream of, just say it is more difficult then charge more for something that in all likelyhood is not the named compound.

FWIW the synthesis is very straightforward of both the dihydro and the fully aromatic versions, whether 5 or 6

24. Collapse Details

Sex Love & Relationships
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsyd View Post
    not sure if thats true.
    I also heard that they didnt make 6-apdb because it was illegal.
    it think there was a chance that in making 6apdb there would be trace amounts of mda left in it

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pofacedhoe View Post
    it think there was a chance that in making 6apdb there would be trace amounts of mda left in it
    there is no chance of MDA being in it. there is however the possibility, read highly likely trace impurities of Class A alkoxyamphetamines.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast