Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread

abrad84

Bluelighter

29eswmq.jpg

original message:

Looks like this is available at the moment and should soon be more available. Anybody have any info/experiences/speculation?

Last edited by a moderator:
im expecting this to be hyped up as the previous apb.... but this is the first place im hearing of it... i guess hope is the last to go.

It was launched with no hype. I was unaware of it until I saw it on offer in a couple of places today.

Slightly more potent (standard dose said to be 70mg), and said to be similar to 6-APB, but with production being more difficult.

Slightly more potent (standard dose said to be 70mg), and said to be similar to 6-APB, but with production being more difficult.

Surely there's not much incentive to buy this over 6-APB, if it's essentially the same product but more expensive.

It's a bit disconcerting having these mysterious RCs crawl out of the shadows and right onto the market, before anyone has a chance to gauge what they are and what they do.

Could you be more specific about production difficulty? I've seen the 30% more 'aromatic' statement (hence the 70 vs 100mg dose) but haven't seen anything on synthesis.

There is some info on this compound already on bluelight here
Also known as 3d '3-desoxy-mda' or EMA-4 'Ethylene-monoxy-amphetamine-4'

There is some info on this compound already on bluelight here
Also known as 3d '3-desoxy-mda' or EMA-4 'Ethylene-monoxy-amphetamine-4'

I'm just a fool looking at characters on my computer screen, but to me it looks like 3-desoxy-mda is 5-apdb, not 5-apb.

You're correct, I'd say.

3-desoxy-MDA = 5-APDB = saturated, the D standing for dihydro if I am not mistaken
5-APB = unsaturated, as in having a double bond.

You're correct, I'd say.

3-desoxy-MDA = 5-APDB = saturated, the D standing for dihydro if I am not mistaken
5-APB = unsaturated, as in having a double bond.
Ok. Got it.
So 5-(2-aminopropyl)-2,3-dihydrobenzofuran is 5-APDB
and 5-(2-aminopropyl)benzofuran; 1-(1-benzofuran-5-yl)propan-2-amine is 5-APB
doesn't look like there is much info on 5-APB.

Did it turn out that 6-APDB was illegal in the UK then? I never understood why the double bonded version wasn't released from the off. I thought the original samples were 6-APDB, and these gave a better high than the later 6-APB samples.

Would 5-APDB be illegal too? Assuming I'm correct in thinking that was the reason for not synthing 6-APDB.

The reason they never made 6-APDB was that they accidentally made 6-APB instead because the labs didn't understand what the vendors were asking for, and people liked it, so they kept selling it.

The reason they never made 6-APDB was that they accidentally made 6-APB instead because the labs didn't understand what the vendors were asking for, and people liked it, so they kept selling it.

Is this true?

not sure if thats true.
I also heard that they didnt make 6-apdb because it was illegal.

based on the naphyrone ban documents I've come around to thinking 6-apdb is probably not illegal. however I'm no organic chemist. my thinking is based on the "Alkyleneoxy derivative" on page 22 of the consideration document from the ACMD, seeing as there are no equivalent clauses as far as I am aware for ordinary amphetamines.

^that's the impression i got. And as I understand it this would basically be the unsaturated version of 3-desoxy-MDA, which, IIRC made the rounds a few years back. Never tried it personally though. Interested to hear about it. At least this one avoided the hype machine.

the initial beta-ketones clauses were the same as the phenethylamines clauses, which is why I think 5/6-apdb aren't covered, as the naphyrone consideration documents specifically mentions the alkyleneoxy derivitives being covered by those particular changes. there aren't these clauses for non-beta-ketones.