View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drinking and eating Deadly Nightshade

Been&Done

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone ever had Deadly Nightshade, boiled it with hot water and drank it, and/or eaten a leave or 2?? I was tripping for almost 72 hours from eating 2 leaves one day after drinking some boiled D.N the day before. This was in the Sinai deserts of Egypt by the Red Sea and was my 3rd and final trip on this crazy plant. Of course years later, when i found the smokeable Salvia, i did it again and it got me tripping for its famous few minutes, i really loved how you move from normal to really tripping in 60 seconds, but it's nowhere near the 72 hours!!! (Thank God) so, anyone 8o ?

"DRINKING AND EATING DEADLY NIGHTSHADE"

How can one change the name of the thread? Moderator please

Edit: We thought that "Sakarana" as this plant is called in Sinai, Egypt was Salvia Divinorum at start, since no research has ever been done on plants growing in these areas. By the end of the thread and thanks to everyone who positively AND negatively participated, we rectified the info, and even changed the name of the thread to Deadly Nightshade

Last edited:
Im intrigued with oral salvia after reading this, i am sorry i have no input for you so this post isn't of much help but - wait a minute, what is it that you are asking, you have yourself drank salvia tea and eaten the leaves - what do you want to know..?

Regardless, off to read up on oral salvia. Thanks for sparking the interest none the less.

if practical, this is a pretty cool as one of the major drawbacks of salvia compared to other psychedelics is its short duration

Maybe if a salvia breakthrough lasted longer the initial shock and fear would subside and allow you to integrate the experience better. But I wouldn't wish 72 hours of Sally D on anyone....

OP, are you sure it was salvia divinorum? That duration seems unlikely, even in sensitive individuals. Perhaps it was some sort of placebo or psychosis effect?

Ok, people, i knew it was coming, but yesterday just wasn't the right time for such a long piece of writing. I will reveal to you very soon this strange experience and i hope you learn something new and/or you're entertained. Plus, i was 99% sure that none of you really had a similar story to share but still asked anyway. Having said that, i base my assumption on the note that no1 knows the real name of this plant where i took it, actually, it has a completely different name in Arabic (spelled SAKARANA) by the Desert Bedouins who 1st guided us to its whereabouts. As much as they feared this plant and never take it themselves, as much as we (friends and I) where more attracted to trying it. After all, by the time i had the chance to 1st trip on Salvia (boiled and drank) i have already done 29 LSD trips, and many more Psychedelics and was extremely excited to be on the verge of tripping on a new drug that no1 really knows, but this trip was sooo different, actually dangerous too, cause we didn't know that unlike acid, you DO believe your hallucinations on this shit!! Logic, reasoning, and balance are noticeably impaired. Later on when we researched, we found that originally South American Indians have always advised that you need a sitter (a sober person) during the trip, to be sure you drink enough water and not burn yourself or worse. (we were so dehydrated, we couldn't speak and at some point i was peeing every 5 mns. and only 2 drops come out) My younger cousin was that sitter without choosing to be so of course, he just woke up to find us all in LALA LAND....i couldn't even recognize him!! probably that was the last stage (the trip is made of 6 stages) and the last one is not advised to reach, because simply you don't remember most of the experience. But of course these vital info, were discovered a little bit too late. In complete darkness right before dawn, a friend has already fallen and hurt his head badly and blood was all over... he was so out of it, all of us were, to be able to deal with his injury properly. I remember a flash of us smiling at each other while his face was covered in dark blood and some sand, my poor cousin was trying to clean the wound before he drove out of the camp to bring the ambulance! Apparently my friend's head cut was pretty bad and in the middle of the desert, there only so much you can do.
I have been wanting to tell this story for a long time, since it happened 7 years ago, and of course there is nowhere more suitable than BL.......how i'm loving this place more n more everyday :)

Will write more details if you guys are interested, and sorry but this is NOT "a load of nonsense" I'm not a kid with a wild imagination or someone who have nothing better to do to get on here and write about some nonsense, it's a weirdly unforgettable experience for me and my friends who went through it all with me. And the reason why this threat is here is for me wanting to share this personal "unusual" experience with whoever is interested.
More to come interested people :)

OP, are you sure it was salvia divinorum? That duration seems unlikely, even in sensitive individuals. Perhaps it was some sort of placebo or psychosis effect?

The 1st 2 times, we did as we were told by the Bedouins and by the only older group who did it before us years ago, we boiled it as tea and drink it, the trip is long and crazy, but the last day we thought we'll each eat 2 leaves, and BAMMMM.......sobered up maybe 36 hours later. W hen i say 72 hours, that includes the 1st night when we drank, the second night when we ate and the long effects after those 2 nights. Even before those 2 nights, we were doing all other sort of stuff (Opium, Rohypnol, Tequila) it was the beautiful desert and you're by the sea, no phone, no watch, holidays from work. Sorry for my rambling...as i'm getting older, the memories seems distant and fading, but writing about it on here brought back little bits and pieces..oohh..man..what a trip! The edible salvia and the drinking for that matter is a poisoning process, and when i say 72 hours, is sobering up and being able to read and look at your hands without feeling funny. Similar to a Parkinson's Disease drug called Parkinol, anyways. Hope i answered your ?

I also know Datura, cause i saw it and held it in my hands before, but Datura is a big NOTHING man, compared to this....remember Herbal Ecstasy? haha

Last edited:
Well, i really don't blame you. Simply put: Did any of you ever hear about someone doing salvia from Egypt?

roofies, tequila and salvia??? 8o8o8)8)

Well, we were 25 and in full force, we were doing everything without developing a need to find 1 drug of choice. We had to be well equipped for 5 days in the desert. We had weed, hash, roofies, LSD, Opium, H, Salvia, Vodka and Tequila....Those were the days my friends....

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_info3.shtml

"The Bedouins told tales about camels changing their tracks when smelling these plants 1 Km away"

Last edited:
Im intrigued with oral salvia after reading this, i am sorry i have no input for you so this post isn't of much help but - wait a minute, what is it that you are asking, you have yourself drank salvia tea and eaten the leaves - what do you want to know..?

Regardless, off to read up on oral salvia. Thanks for sparking the interest none the less.

Fresh Salvia sublinqual through chewing a cud gives a more mild trip lasting a few hours.

Each time we got the Salvia from Sinai, the potency was different. Some leaves were smaller than others, but all gave the same effects. Extreme dehydration, extreme hallucination, loss of logic, no sense of time or place, no balance...you're pretty much in a state of poisoning.
After that crazy trip, i can't stop repeating that this is a VERY DANGEROUS substance and can lead to fatal consequences if not taken responsibly.
"mild trip for a few hours" compared to what? Smoking it and getting a 5 mns. high?

http://www.erowid.org/plants/show_image.php?i=salvia/salvia_divinorum_leaf1.jpg

These are the leaves we ate. They grown between the rocks of the Sinai mountains

Last edited:
That sounds EXACTLY like everything I've read about Datura man. It's gotta be either that or another plant containing a similar deleriant

Its not Datura man, i took it 3 times!!! its called "SAKARANA" in Egypt and the effects we all had were the 6 stages explained about Salvia

Definitely NOT Salvia. Here's why:

a) Drinking Salvia Tea won't do anything. Salvia is only active sublingually or by being smoked. Unless you held the tea in your mouth for 15 minutes...

b) 2 Leaves of Salvia also won't do anything. You need a huge wad of them and stuff em in your mouth and chew for 15 minutes, NOT EAT THEM. Simply put, Salvia is inactive when ingested.

Let's move on. It was probably Datura.