• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drinking and eating Deadly Nightshade

Pretty sure Deadly Nightshade IS almost the exact same as Datura or somehting imo

why are people bashing on him for being misinformed? i'm sorry but like.. what the fuck? he gets the point, its not salvia.

Hehe, finally a rational mind. Many responses i got made me regret sharing this story as my 1st thread on BL, and most of those peeps assumed if i'm a foolish kid who got tricked, without really knowing the whole story, and without knowing that i'm new to here but not new to the game, AT ALL! Anyways, and for the few who still want to repeat it's Datura (for some reason i ignore) please do not say so on here, since this is a place to learn and to inform, and the whole idea of me opening this thread was for a collective learning purpose...I did something so intense a few years ago in a part of the world that no1 on here is really from, so tales and experiences are almost non-existent, and then when first discovered BL, i automatically felt good to be surrounded by head-feeding lovers from all around the globe and I felt that this is the most appropriate place for sharing/learning/informing, especially about a substance that not many have heard of or tried. It goes in those areas by the name "SAKARANA" Since "Sakran" is drunk in Arabic, so i think it was an inspiration for the first Bedouins who called it so. After a very primitive research, we assumed that this is the famous Salvia Divinorum but nobody knows about that since it's hidden between the wild mountains of Sinai. Only through this thread with some research (plants location on the map, pictures) we found that "Sakarana" is "Deadly NightShade"
I want to thank everyone who wrote, some more than others (only for their manners) since as i said before these discussions are essentials to reach the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about our common interest. Without you or this Magical BL, stories like these would be forgotten, no lessons learned, no information sharing, so once again Chapeau Off for BL

Asking moderators if we are able to change the name of this thread, to be correct and informing (haha, and so i don's get kids telling me i'm an idiot who's been tricked and lied to)

"DRINKING AND EATING DEADLY NIGHTSHADE"

Last edited:
Datura. Fool yourself or attempt to trick others, but it is definitely Datura. As this is a harm reduction forum as much as you would hate to have it said:

Egyptians tricked you.

You are taking more Datura which is dangerous, and it has the exact same effects, so it is going to kill you a little faster than taking something more benign.

Egyptians tricked you.

So you tripped on 30+ acid trips? From your knowledge it might as well have been dipped in Tylenol, take it as an offense if you will but I doubt you got real acid if you can fucking troll yourself into thinking that a Datura trip turns into Salvia. Egyptians tricked you. This isn't a dicksizing thread, this is a discussion of what happened, and what happened is a Datura trip. Egyptians tricked you. Said occurrences were in fact several deliriums in which you cannot come to the fact that the people who aren't profiting from you are giving you information that you were too stupid to figure out, google or thank. Egyptians tricked you. Frenchmachine gets points for making the biggest impact. We are close minded because we didn't get tricked like you did, sorry.

Your stories are interesting and insightful, but label them with Datura. I can write several articles on Zoloft while taking Prozac, and mislabeling them is of course very useless and stupid, in the context of them not describing the one, just like using the labeling structure of a girl's genitals on a boy. Harmful even, imagine reaching for the testicles. OW.
Poor boy/girl, or whatever you are. Before you talk about testicles and people fooling me, have the decency to politely discuss matters on BL, and in life in general. Learn to disagree based on proof and do so with manners and respect. We are all here to learn, and if we're lucky we'll learn something new everyday. So don't be such ignorant that you have to repeat "Egyptians tricked you 33 times" in one post. And before repeating Datura like a bipolar parrot LEARN TO DO A LITTLE RESEARCH FIRST.. It's very easy...you type what you want and Google will hold your soft hands. I also hope that you think first before talking/posting.
May the Force be with you (you need it)

please MODERATOR change the thread name to drinking and eating deadly nightshade
I really want to keep it going, but with the right info conveyed.

The name has been changed. Sorry it took a while. :)

It's alright, i was wondering if you forgot but didn't want to nag. Thank you

I remember one of the Sinai Bedouins telling us about some wives wanting to take revenge from their husbands, so they put some "Sakarana" or "Belladonna/Deadly Nightshade" in their tea. It's like "go get fucked"
The problem is that unlike LSD for example, you believe your own hallucinations! I remember sitting on the beach at night, and seeing a train inside the water, with all the details inside and the passengers! Oh man

So anyone tried Deadly Nightshade before?
Haha, now that i have the right name, I would love to hear anyone's story...really.

Last edited:
Sucks that the op had to deal with all the bs while just trying to share his amazing story (wheather safe or not) to all of us to try and figure out what exactly happened.

I'm glad it's been settled but I'll tell you one thing.

"Deadly Nightshade" is not only one of the coolest names of all time for a drug but also the scariest sounding. I would't touch that shit with a 10 foot pole.

mate take no offence to this but i wouldent have been salvia you taken

1 salvia is only active sublingualy (spelling <<<place it under you toung) or by smoking it

2 salvia only last half an hour at the very most

and from what i have read about nightshade it sound very simmiler.....

There are some nightshade reports on Erowid: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/e...rch=&A1=-1&Lang=&Group=-1&Str=&Intensity=&I2=

Also, datura and brugmansia have very similar alkaloids, the same main ones in differing quantities and perhaps some different ones as well (I don't know without looking it up). But they're very similar in subjective experience, so you can read those too and get very simialr themes. Nightshade is actually the most dangerous of the tropane alkaloid-containing plants (hence "Deadly" Nightshade), but they all produce the state you experienced, with some very striking similarities in nearly every single report you can find.

Personally I've never experienced any deleriants like these, nor do I want to. So I can't share any personal experiences. I do find it fascinating to read reports though, even though most of them end up in bad places.

mate take no offence to this but i wouldent have been salvia you taken

1 salvia is only active sublingualy (spelling <<<place it under you toung) or by smoking it

2 salvia only last half an hour at the very most

and from what i have read about nightshade it sound very simmiler.....

Yeah, if you read the rest of the thread, the OP has already realized this. :) But thanks for being nice about it... for some reason a lot of people felt the need to be dicks.

Yes true!! What a name, huh! Now that i'm thinking again about that name, A LOT of our night hallucinations were based on shadows, as i remember at some point all the garbage bins on the beach had the shape of a man sitting down, even though we're alone in the whole camp! And to check it out, i'd tell myself i'll go closer and touch and if it's a man, i'll just say sorry, so i would zigzag walk towards it and spread my hand and touch it, and only then i realize that it's not a human body at all, but just a solid bin! 5 minutes later, i'll be doing the same thing again!!
After fleeing the camp to avoid the cops seeing us in that state and on our way back in the car, my buddy who was sitting in the back seat, was having long convos with the luggage, while i would close my eyes and every 5 minutes i'd open them only to see a women carrying a child crossing the road right in front of our speeding car, and i'd yell to my cousin who was driving "Watch the lady!" Of course it's all in our heads!

Well, i had to reply back to those irrational, empty-minded posts while all i wanted to do was to share a story/personal experience. even if a small group of peeps enjoyed reading it and learned something new...that's good enough for me :)

Thank you Xorkorth for being the gentleman you are

Yeah, if you read the rest of the thread, the OP has already realized this. :) But thanks for being nice about it... for some reason a lot of people felt the need to be dicks.

Beautifully said ^^^ and cannot agree more.
I think it's because it was my 1st thread and had just joined BL, so the dicks assumed that
i was just a kid saying B.S and trying to attract attention by posting blablabla just for the sake of posting!
I think this might be the only reason. Anyways, I replied to the dicks and forgave them :)
So..Peace

Funny that i found Salvia in Canada (x 40) and (x 60) while all i found and did in Amsterdam before were the (x10)
They are sold here as incense! and very expensive too. The man in the store convinced me to get the x10 this time since my gf will be trying it for the 1st time. Tried a few big hits and NOTHING!! Hope the guy would be nice about it and take it back or exchange it for the x40!

you guys drove on deadly nightshade? thats fucking nuts.

I can drive on most psychedelics, not durring the peak though, but on a deleriant, that is just crazy. You guys are lucky to be alive.

you guys drove on deadly nightshade? thats fucking nuts.

I can drive on most psychedelics, not durring the peak though, but on a deleriant, that is just crazy. You guys are lucky to be alive.

Please read the story if you are interested.
And no we didn't drive. My younger cousin who didn't trip with us that last day and spent it all sleeping, is the only one who was capable of doing anything those last few hours. He took our buddy to the ambulance, jumped from the ground floor window since they wanted to hold him because the wounded guys looks fucked and they thought that someone did this to him, came back and packed our stuff, got us in the car and drove!
But yes of course, we ARE lucky to be alive and we are still thankful 7 years later!

Last edited:
The thing we did that fucked us completely was to eat the leaves. I have boiled the leaves and drank them twice before and i also know a group of people who did the same, as boiling and drinking, the trip was crazy ass of course, but not like what happened to us

Dude, what the fack? Salvia does not make anyone trip for 72 hours..sorry, it won't happen. If you tripped for 3 days, and you insist that it wasn't Datura (which there are many forms of, by the way, which all look different), it was a plant that contained the same toxic psychoactive drugs scopolamine and/or atropine..two very dangerous deliriants that can decompose brain matter and cause coma or death. No one in their right mind would want to ingest such a dangerous and irresponsible drug..unless they just want to completely shatter their mind and turn their brain into liquified shit.

Salvia Divinorum only grows in one small region of Mexico, and your trip report definitely does not fit with salvia in any aspect. I would personally advise against ever taking this plant again..it can't be doing anything good for your body or mind.

Edit: Didn't mean to come off as a condescending prick if I did, so I apologize for that. I didn't read the second page of the thread..so please excuse my behavior, I took 2 clonazepams and am feeling pretty altered. Just keep the drug use safe and don't mess with the plant ever again lol. You want to stick with the good psychoactives that nature intended us to use..save your mind, and experience the wonderful gifts Earth gives us.

Last edited:
It`s NOT salvia,salvia doesn`t grow in the desert,it grows in the jugle in humid conditions,it cannot grow in any other environment!

So these leaves he is describing are what he thinks to be salvia because they look the same,they are most probably of the Hyoscyamus niger which is known to grow in the desert,also it is also refered to as the stinking nightshade which would also explain the camels avoiding it.

Henbane is used by the Bedouin

http://noblesavagery.blogspot.com/2008/07/henbane.html

Weird that after all what has been said and written, and with the name of the thread changed, there are still some _ _ _ _ _ who think that we are still talking about Salvia!!!
I'm done with these replies, you want to read the thread properly and post, please do so, but if some are fixated on "you can't eat or drink Salvia" just read the FREAKIN THREAD!!!!!!
This is too much, some people are ........., well some people just can't read, let's leave it here!