• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

whomp whomp on lsd

^ "the whomp on nitrous" WTF?!

I still have absolutely NO idea what you people are going on about. I've done tons of Nitrous and never felt anything close to what I would call a "whomp". Nor on acid nor on shrooms. I guess I'll just forget it and write it off as some bizarro thing I am not susceptible to, thank goodness.

Learn to enjoy it or stop doing the drug is all I call suggest.

I've definitely heard the noise being described here, whatever it may be, on nitrous as well as other substances.

^LOTS of various weird sounds and noises in that 9:38 song. Can you give a time signature in that video where this "whoomp" everyone keeps hearing these days occurs. Bollocks I say, but everyone is saying "yea I heard it too" so I guess I am the nutty one 8(

Is it an isolated very brief loud percussive sound (which is what what comes to mind to me when you say "whoomp"), or more an extended electronic squeal/wail/swoosh (which "whoomp" doesnt seem to do justice to, IMO)??

(Not critiquing anyone's remarks mind you, just trying to understand something completely fucked up and bizarre sounding that neither I nor anyone I know personally has ever experienced to my knowledge, and I only just started hearing about in the last couple months after 30 years of doing all manner of psychedelics. Hey a new phenomenon beyond my ken... the Vulcan in me wants to figure it out, haha.)

It's got nothing to do with who is nutty or not. There are a myriad of effects for every drug out there, and to not have experienced one of them, why that's far from anything I would call nutty. So you or no one you know has experienced it. So what?

It's got nothing to do with who is nutty or not. There are a myriad of effects for every drug out there, and to not have experienced one of them, why that's far from anything I would call nutty. So you or no one you know has experienced it. So what?

I didnt mean nutty in a BAD way ;)

(I had a feeling if I said that I'd get scolded. I tried to indicate my good & mainly curious intentions with what followed... friends and I poke each other in the ribs a little all the time. Sheesh, just trying to be a little catty and chatty and informally conversational... don't get your panties in a bunch over my occasionally sarcastic manner, Catfish, some of us old people just talk that way to each other sometimes... me and my buddies know we don't mean no harm, M'Kay? If I really meant harm I'd send my ornery double-yellow head Amazon parrot over to bite yer toe, haha :) )

Still hoping for a time-code in that youtube where the whoomp being discussed occurs, just so's I can know what EXACTLY sort of a sound y'all are talking about. I have a sneaking suspicion all these "whoomps" people think they are agreeing on are gonna end up sounding alot different from each other, and providing a sound file example is a VERY VERY good step. Part of the thread's point of asking "anyone ever hear this?" it would seem to me is transcending a vague verbal description or onomatopoeia like "whoomp" to an actual SOUND, you know.... this is the World Wide Web... we can DO such things!

I didnt mean nutty in a BAD way ;)

(I had a feeling if I said that I'd get scolded. I tried to indicate my good & mainly curious intentions with what followed... friends and I poke each other in the ribs a little all the time. Sheesh, just trying to be a little catty and chatty and informally conversational... don't get your panties in a bunch over my occasionally sarcastic manner, Catfish, some of us old people just talk that way to each other sometimes... me and my buddies know we don't mean no harm, M'Kay? If I really meant harm I'd send my ornery double-yellow head Amazon parrot over to bite yer toe, haha :) )

Well you call it one thing, I call it passive aggressive conversational style. You just seem to have a hard time occasionally allowing for other people's points of view to be expressed if you don't have the same point of view (the thread about the worst things that ever happened to you on lsd comes straight to mind). Or at least it seems that way to me sometimes based on how I read you. I'm sure your intentions are positive, but your language is what it is. I'm not offended or anything, I just think you are inhibiting conversation from happening sometimes...

In regards to the whomp noise, I actually sometimes feel that it perhaps isn't entirely a noise being heard, but perhaps it is a pressure change of some sort, whether it be air pressure in the ear canal, or perhaps even blood pressure related...and I wonder if perhaps that pressure change interrupts whatever you are already hearing and that is what is actually being "heard". I don't know though, it is just a guess. Maybe it actually is the sound of the universe or whatever, I can't say for sure...

I may have noticed something like a feeling of rapid pressure changes at times, when it seems like just some "rush" of the drug effects coming on is building quickly or something. Perhaps it is the inner ear having some kind of "oh crap, something weird is going on" spasm.

If that's what it is, I guess I have felt something like that. But I think some people are talking of a very explicit heard overt sound or noise, at least that was my impression.

Just wanting to understand what we're dealing with here.

(As far as the language problem... my attempts at "cattiness" coming across as passive-aggresion... I'll try to work on that, with your help perhaps :) )

Yeah it definitely feels a bit spasm-ish to me sometimes, especially in that the noise a sort of wave pattern to it. Most of the times I have heard it, it has a pattern or rhythm to the whomping noise, so it is a series of whomp whomp whimp whomps. At least for me it is.

There's also that other noise described as a sort of breaking thru plastic sound (prob better ways to describe it) that people often describe as part of a DMT break thru. I haven't heard that sound yet (as far as I know), but I wouldn't be surprised if they happened under similar circumstances.

(not a problem the language really, just expect to people to react to it if you type it :p)

^ Guiltyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Never heard a 'whomp' sound on acid. Only audio I've heard before is the hum/buzz thing on DMT

I've heard that looping electronic-like whomp whomp sound on high dose LSD (800-1000mcg) and intramuscular DPT. I've also gotten looping "whomp whomps" when dusting large amounts of nitrous, but even though the nitrous audio distortion may sound similar, the tryptamine audio distortion (looping "whomp whomp (as you guys say)" synesthetic hallucination) is much more clear, cleansing, spiritual, and ecstatic.

I've also gotten it on low dose LSD+DMT too
Well you call it one thing, I call it passive aggressive conversational style. You just seem to have a hard time occasionally allowing for other people's points of view to be expressed if you don't have the same point of view
DH: While I totally have no problem with you whatsoever at all, I kind of agree with Catfish here. A lot of your posts seem to be "attacking" in a passive aggressive way. Sure, you may talk like that sarcastically with friends, but a lot of people will and probably do take it the wrong way. Seems like you need to deconstruct everyone's point of view.

When I smoke DMT, I also get that whompy sound-- unlike with nitrous though, the whomping on DMT quickly evolves into what I have dubbed "the lunatic symphony". =D

This is some pretty interesting stuff... Its got to be r/t just a mix in the processing of normal signals. But exactly what is happening.. would be cool to know

I just never get any audio stuff on anything, except once on best ever attempt at SanPedro extract there was a long "Cosmic Symphony" I was treated to that sounded like some gigantic set of infinitely echoey strings being plucked in wild alien melodies, arpeggios, and chord progressions. Nuts and profoundly moving and beautiful, like I was being personally sung to telepathically by some being at the center of the galaxy or something.... maybe I was, haha!

So its hard for me to imagine these whoomp/wackawacka sounds. But so many people attest to it obviously its something that I am just missing out on. Maybe people could record an audio file where they orally imitate the sound, post it on some public file site and link to it from here? Or find an existing sound on the web that is representative? Words and letters really cannot possibly do justice to such noises, and everyone could well be talking about completely different things, with all the disparate attempts at description we have had. So it will be tough to discuss or hypothesize without some common objective basis in the form of actual sound files.

In answer to the original poster, it's obvious "Its a common thing, don't fret over it." Especially on 15 motherf-ing hits of blotter, I imagine just about any experience could be generated by your insanely vibrating brain at that point, you know?