• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

whomp whomp on lsd

Ok. so a couple months ago I doses 15 hits and I started hearing this whom whom vibrating sound. im tryimg to figure out if anyone else has experienced this before on high doses of LSD.
I get vibrating sensations during sleep paralysis, right when I can step out of my body. It can range from a very uneasy feeling of electric current passing through me to table tennis balls moving underneith my skin (painful) or it can just manifest as a very pleasant hissing sensation. It's always a "vibrating sound" though... All I need to do when that happens is tell myself that I am floating out and I'll leave my body behind on the bed. Maybe it's something like that, I don't know, it's just an idea. I was plagued by these vibrations/sounds for nearly 6 years until I realized how I could utilize it. That marked the end of 6 years of pure torture upon falling asleep and turned it into the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced.

I get an intense buzzing sound from 2C-P. It sounds like the loudest thing ever, and also like a complete absence of sound.

@DwayneHoover

If you're an old timer, I'm sure you're familiar with Pink Floyd's Welcome to the Machine off Wish You Were Here. The wave/frequency noises at the beginning are similar to what I've experienced. It sounds like some wave just coming and going, as if a sine wave was played with the right effects.

When I smoke DMT, I also get that whompy sound-- unlike with nitrous though, the whomping on DMT quickly evolves into what I have dubbed "the lunatic symphony". =D

Old post but I love that term, couldn't think of a better way to describe it! :D

The vibrating feeling and intense buzzing sound I've had with high doses of 4-AcO-DMT, with N,N-DMT, and during sleep paralysis.

The vibrating feeling and intense buzzing sound I've had with high doses of 4-AcO-DMT, with N,N-DMT, and during sleep paralysis.
Oooooh so it wasn't all wrong to dig up this thread... It IS the same sound pattern people can hear during sleep paralysis?

Since you are calling it sleep paralysis I suppose you've never experienced an OBE with the sleep paralysis state as a starting point? I'm really wondering if these trips could somehow facilitate an obe...

i got the whomp whomp on 25i and other nbomes and though I could barely move I tried to locate the source of it several times.
never yet happened on lysergics, but the nbome doses were higher than I would have wanted - less than one tab each time but still too strong for my liking.
I settled for the explanation that it was tinnitus mixed with my heart beat or blood rushing in my ears.

I always used to hear music from other rooms when I was a child, I used to hunt through the house to find the radio or whatever was playing. Often gorgeous sounds wafting as fragments of at most just a few bars, then fading and resuming later. I leave those memories in the same category as flying dreams, the whomp whomp not so much.

yeah i've gotten this on mushrooms and LSD. on the higher doses, however.

it's like the eardrums are being stimulated. it sounds similar to the noise i hear when yawning heavily.

I've noticed that "whomp, whomp, whomp" sound on a few different hallucinogens. It's like an oscillating hum. I can usually perceive that sound by focusing on it while tripping.

I agree with the first person to reply. It may be some natural process of the body. Maybe something to do with how we process reality. The universe as we perceive it is essentially just a bunch of overlapping waves.

I did have an interesting experience one time when I smoked some dmt with the intent of examining where that sound comes from. I noticed I could alter my perception of that sound in a couple different ways. Anyways I ended up trying to pop my eardrums by holding my nose and trying to blow air out of it but the pressure wouldn't build up to the same extent that it normally does. It was like a loose seal on a gasket. I'm not positive that there's any relation to that sound and once I noticed that that pressure wasn't building up as much as it normally does I got preoccupied with that lol. But a couple minutes after I was done tripping that all that went away.

That may be me just twisting my experience to fit into my own perception of reality but either way it was interesting. I've noticed that even though all my trips have been varied in their overall appearance, they generally seem like they are conveying the same process going on, even when seen from completely different perspectives.