• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Yes, I agree about the equivalent of Lyrica to alcohol! But being a single mother of two young ones, I can't take it as prescribed. I only take it to ward of withdrawals, and or when I need help sleeping! Because of that, I've got like 700 200mg tablets stacking up in my med cabinet. Today, without warning, my doc changed my MS Contin to Morphabond. Yuck! Do you know anything about this new "addict resistant " drug? I can't find anything on BL about it??!

Hello to everyone :D

I've never tried Lyrica, so I don't know much about this drug. What would be the safe starter dose and any contra-indications I should know about? I am sure it's been discussed before, but there are 72 pages in this thread.. So it's just easier to ask rather then reading through all the pages..

Thanks in advance!

Ruby97-
Everyone seems to react differently to Lyrica. Take no more than 150 mg and wait at least 2 hours before taking any more. Take no more than 300 mg the first day. Tolerance builds in a couple of days, so if you're using recreationally then try to use it no more than two or three days on and three or four days off to avoid building a huge tolerance and wd's. Wd's can vary greatly from one person to another, some say worse than opiates and benzos, some say next to nothing. Make sure you have either only enough for a few days, or enough for a long taper and time to get more, as some experience major suicidal depression from the wd's and you don't want to run out if you get hooked.
Wd's for me feel and last much the same as doing tequila shots all night.
Then read this whole thread when you have time...... there's a ton of good info here.

Ruby97-
Everyone seems to react differently to Lyrica. Take no more than 150 mg and wait at least 2 hours before taking any more. Take no more than 300 mg the first day. Tolerance builds in a couple of days, so if you're using recreationally then try to use it no more than two or three days on and three or four days off to avoid building a huge tolerance and wd's. Wd's can vary greatly from one person to another, some say worse than opiates and benzos, some say next to nothing. Make sure you have either only enough for a few days, or enough for a long taper and time to get more, as some experience major suicidal depression from the wd's and you don't want to run out if you get hooked.
Wd's for me feel and last much the same as doing tequila shots all night.
Then read this whole thread when you have time...... there's a ton of good info here.

Opium WD's are 10x times worse than pregabalin. But pregabalin for me is more like insomnia and lots of sweating, but I have used only 3 months daily, sure it can be worse if used daily for years.

Opium WD's are 10x times worse than pregabalin. But pregabalin for me is more like insomnia and lots of sweating, but I have used only 3 months daily, sure it can be worse if used daily for years.

I must just be really lucky as I've been on pregabalin on and off (mostly on) for about 4 years and have never had any withdrawls when stopping and starting. Opiate painkillers on the other hand I've had tremendous problems coming off. As a side note though, pregabalin has been a tremendous aid when going through opiate withdrawls....probably even more so than a benzo but I've always found that if I've had pregabalin, a benzo (any one) and clonidine, opiate withdrawls are much more manageable. I'm not sure exactly what properties of pregabalin make it so helpful during opiate withdrawls (something to do with it being an NMDA antagonist or something).

I must just be really lucky as I've been on pregabalin on and off (mostly on) for about 4 years and have never had any withdrawls when stopping and starting. Opiate painkillers on the other hand I've had tremendous problems coming off. As a side note though, pregabalin has been a tremendous aid when going through opiate withdrawls....probably even more so than a benzo but I've always found that if I've had pregabalin, a benzo (any one) and clonidine, opiate withdrawls are much more manageable. I'm not sure exactly what properties of pregabalin make it so helpful during opiate withdrawls (something to do with it being an NMDA antagonist or something).

Yes i quited my last opium use with pregabalin, and now I'm on them every day, but at least they are easy to tapper and tolerance goes down very fast. Pregabalin for me takes almost every opioid/opiate WD away, so it's wonder drug for almost any wd's. For pregabalin WD's, its mostly insomnia and sweating for me, but the sweating is os bad that it makes body feel very bad, I could go throught them if I had benzos.

I was prescribed both Lyrica and Neurontin. I hate them both. Turned me into a zombie. I have like 600-700 pills left of the crap.

I was prescribed both Lyrica and Neurontin. I hate them both. Turned me into a zombie. I have like 600-700 pills left of the crap.

I haven't found pregabalin to make me zombie, but it takes off anxiety so I am able to function, also it will rise my mood. It's much better drug for anxiety than benzos.

Lyrica is just odd for me. Have done few times, first time I started at 300mg but noticed nothing and went higher with other times.

But only thing that happened to me was that I walked like a drunk and had balance issues. It did help a little bit to the anxiety too. But otherwise nothing. Ive heard lots of different stories how people have felt under this thing and some have said that there has been lots of euphoria like feeling too.

What you have exeperienced is normal.
Strongest effect is muscle relaxing -> I walked like a drunk and had balance issues
It is anxiolitic -> It did help a little bit to the anxiety too
It can give mood elevation , but this like for every drug vary from person to person
That is, just it is not for you.
It is for me. Also for me it is first a muscle relaxer, than an anxilotic ( better than benzo) , plus I have a light high , and overall I like this.
Someway similar to alcool, with more body load but more clear-headed

I hear ya!!! My docs a quack, period, tramsdol doesn’t work and after only 1 week taking Lyrica st 160 mg per day taken 75 mg bid..had a horrible grand mal seizure out of nowhere!! Be careful people about wthell these “pain” docs give you!

Well, guess to sum up-some people take it for the high relaxation feel and some like me for chronic nerve pain-until I had Z grand mal Seizure on it (normal dose only week one), scary!! Not a drinker anymore either..thinking it didn’t get along with herbs I was taking but to this day have no idea. My medical opinion-don’t play with ? fire if you don’t need it, almost killed me, literally!

It’s Lyrica (brand name) from Pfizer you have. The generic is the other-it’s not ones to sell yet here in the USA. Drug companies (Pfizer that invented) has 7 yrs. dibs on it before it can be sold by a competitor with the other name for a less money for the buyers-us.

Hi again, lol. I’ve been feeling down for some days due to lyrica WD. This is the 3rd time I’ve come off it and each time seems to get worse slightly. I haven’t felt truly happy or the slightest bit of contentment for those days and I’m finding it hard falling asleep. But I’m thinking about keeping my admittedly low dose going for Christmas. I love this holiday and it’s gonna be my last chance of a great one so I don’t wanna mess it up.

Got my physio in feb so then begins the slow withdrawal from my opiates.

I think pregabalin will be my medication for rest of my life, maybe I can rise it to 300mg three times a day, so 900 totally. it gives me energy, motivation and conceration, it rises my mood it takes away my anxiety, it makes me talkative. I've been hearing about horror stories of pregabalin WD's, I can't see an way to stop using pregbabalin if I get same hellish WD's like other people do. Because I rather kill myself than get any WD's, and I really mean it if I get hellish wd's I will commit suicide and no one can change my mind, unless guiding me how to quit it without WD's. SO far I only start to sweat like hell, everything is wet, and I can't get sleep, and I will not take any quetiapine or mirtazapine for it they make me depressed, I haven't noticed any depression during pregbalin depression, anxiety yes, but my mood is usually pretty good even, but in the other hand I have been using only 2 months (doses 150-1,500mg depending tolerance and situation), to get hellish wd's you must eat over 1 year or even longer.

I think pregabalin will be my medication for rest of my life, maybe I can rise it to 300mg three times a day, so 900 totally. it gives me energy, motivation and conceration, it rises my mood it takes away my anxiety, it makes me talkative, best thing I have motivation to meditate and exerice and aI get joy from them, they make me feel norma healthy person, so I will not stop using them. I've been hearing about horror stories of pregabalin WD's, I can't see an way to stop using pregbabalin if I get same hellish WD's like other people do. Because I rather kill myself than get any WD's, and I really mean it if I get hellish wd's I will commit suicide and no one can change my mind, unless guiding me how to quit it without WD's. SO far I only start to sweat like hell, everything is wet, and I can't get sleep, and I will not take any quetiapine or mirtazapine for it they make me depressed, I haven't noticed any depression during pregbalin depression, anxiety yes, but my mood is usually pretty good even, but in the other hand I have been using only 2 months (doses 150-1,500mg depending tolerance and situation), to get hellish wd's you must eat over 1 year or even longer.

IV been taking pregabalin for around a year and also take Prozac. I find the high amazing. I take 150ml around 3 times a week and 300ml around 2 times a week. I feel great eurporia and a speed like high. Feel on the ball, super social and can get things done. Only negative seems to be a bit of irability and a faster heart beat.
I love this stuff makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.

Please slow it down and take breaks. The amazing high will eventually wear off, and whatever anxiety you had initially will come back. I used to take it every other day, for 2 years until it just stopped being fun. It just helped the pain, but the high diminished over time. You are taking almost a gram a day in split doses or rather, intending to do so. Please, slow it down so you can enjoy the honey moon months for longer.

Please slow it down and take breaks. The amazing high will eventually wear off, and whatever anxiety you had initially will come back. I used to take it every other day, for 2 years until it just stopped being fun. It just helped the pain, but the high diminished over time. You are taking almost a gram a day in split doses or rather, intending to do so. Please, slow it down so you can enjoy the honey moon months for longer.

I cant stop. It helps with depressino I try to get 600mg day from doctor. Rightgn ow I only get 225mg day. I buy rest of the meds from otyhers. Very expensive... But I need. it Wd's area horrib.e I think I kill myslef if I dont get them.