• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I'm using this stuff again recently but only a couple times a week max. It's especially good for combos. Eases anxiety and comedown from stims, adds euphoria and nods to opiates, potentates benzos. Lovely.

I have been prescribed lyrics for a few years now. I can't say that I use it recreationally any more but I would have a large supply so curiosity got the best of me a few times.

I used this thread and the old one as a reference for a long time when I was dosing, I've found it is recreational and when mixed with tapaentadol (SR +/ IR) or with oxy it is quite sedating.

I don't know if it's the drug of the future but it sure has potential for a good time. At high doses it's kind of like being wired and tripping but also a very drunk-clumsy.

It depends what you are looking for or expecting from a drug but there is certainly a margin for recreation if it's your cup of tea

I cant stop. It helps with depressino I try to get 600mg day from doctor. Rightgn ow I only get 225mg day. I buy rest of the meds from otyhers. Very expensive... But I need. it Wd's area horrib.e I think I kill myslef if I dont get them.
Be careful because if you’re like me one day it’ll just stop working. I amped up my dose and had keep doubling just to get the same feeling as the previous days. At that point it just isn’t sustainable. I remember days where I’d take 300mg capsules 6-7 times and I couldn’t get that anxiety quelling high.

I’m on day 3 now of a cold turkey and it’s not tooooooo bad. Just sweats, difficulty staying asleep, lack of energy but not in a bad way… it’s a good chill but downside is I’m getting nothing done.

Taking Lyrica/Pregablin between 900-1200 mg on daily basis. Helps a lot with anxiety and self-confidence, gives a lot of motivation, reduce depression to almost inexistent level. Like the feeling it give. Here in Central Europe, quite easy to get prescriptions, and original Lyrica is refunded by public health insurance, one pack of 150 mg - 56 tabs costs me less than a dollar. I live in a great area :-D

On the other side, there is some loss of memory and give some loss of coordination. Stopped for a week recently, had previous state of depression, complete loss of motivation coming back, but didn't felt any withdrawal problems. Taking already for 6 months, but at the beginning in lower doses. Wondering, if there will be long terms effects at the end?

Be careful because if you’re like me one day it’ll just stop working. I amped up my dose and had keep doubling just to get the same feeling as the previous days. At that point it just isn’t sustainable. I remember days where I’d take 300mg capsules 6-7 times and I couldn’t get that anxiety quelling high.

I’m on day 3 now of a cold turkey and it’s not tooooooo bad. Just sweats, difficulty staying asleep, lack of energy but not in a bad way… it’s a good chill but downside is I’m getting nothing done.

Yeah I take around 300mg-3000mg daily, I know one day I need to quit. I've been off few days, the insomnia is very bad and the sweating, and I don't have any sleeping aid. It wouldnt that bad if I had sleep aid and something to take off the sweeting. I dont experience depression or anxiety much if I excerice and meditate. But right now I need them.

Taking sometime 150-300mg Trazodone for sleeping, when I cannot fall asleep naturally, but didn't felt any insomnia when I quit for a week, but yes noticed sweating during sleep, was totally wet in the morning. I don't think that insomnia was induced by Lyrica, as I already had sleeping problems long before. And when I am on Lyrica, I usually sleep well.
Also, Pregabalin makes you want to eat more, and I gained some weight. Furthermore, you can try not to eat/less, and then you're almost not hungry, if you force yourself. Lost 5 kg, using this method while I'm on Lyrica.

Last edited:
Taking sometime 150-300mg Trazodone for sleeping, when I cannot fall asleep naturally, but didn't felt any insomnia when I quite for a week, but yes noticed some sweating during sleep, was totally wet in the morning. I don't think that insomnia was induced by Lyrica, as I already had sleeping problems long before. And when I am on Lyrica, I usually sleep well.
Also, Pregabalin makes you want to eat more, and I gained some weight.
I just started on trazadone 50mg 1 tab po at HS it is working so far!

Will there be any synergy between pregabalin and gabapentin? Or will it be waste to take them same time, I was going to boost opioid effects, so thats why I ask.

You'd be wasting the gabapentin, I'd reckon. Stick to the lyrica, save the gabapentin for a rainy day. Remember lyrica doesn't suffer from the absorption issues that gabapentin does.

You'd be wasting the gabapentin, I'd reckon. Stick to the lyrica, save the gabapentin for a rainy day. Remember lyrica doesn't suffer from the absorption issues that gabapentin does.

Ah ok thanks, good that you told me thatI already have waster 6g gabepntin :(. >But good I still have more of them I got them for pregabalin WD's which they help a lot.

No prob. I use both to mitigate opiate withdrawal. When I wake up in the morning dopesick it takes about 3 hours of staggering gabapentin doses to get me right. With lyrica I just take one moderate ~200-300mg dose and I'm good to go in a half hour tops.

No prob. I use both to mitigate opiate withdrawal. When I wake up in the morning dopesick it takes about 3 hours of staggering gabapentin doses to get me right. With lyrica I just take one moderate ~200-300mg dose and I'm good to go in a half hour tops.
I have a question, what does gabapentin do for you when you are addicted to opiates? Iv never head of taking it,, I'm just curios

Will there be any synergy between pregabalin and gabapentin? Or will it be waste to take them same time, I was going to boost opioid effects, so thats why I ask.
What does pregamblin do in reference to opiate withdrawal?

I have a question, what does gabapentin do for you when you are addicted to opiates? Iv never head of taking it,, I'm just curios

It's the closest thing to a non-opiate panacea out there. The effects aren't always consistent, and they wane a bit if you take it for several days in a row in high amounts, but for most people it virtually eliminates all withdrawal. For me, everything but the sneezes. You have to redose at least one more time daily and the effects take a while to come on but yes, if you have access to some keep them on hand.

I once went from 750mg of codeine/day to 250mg and felt no withdrawal effects because of lyrica. It gives me energy and removes depression and anxiety.

So I’m on day 4 or 5 from cessation, after an irregular dose schedule but last few days of it I had 150mg/day. I gotta say this is the worst withdrawal I’ve had from this. Seems that it’s getting worse each withdrawal so I’m going to just stop taking it permanently now. First time I came off I didn’t have any real negative effects. Second time I began to get heavy sweating episodes and depression for a week. Third time now (bearing in mind each time I was on it, it was for 4 month stretches) and this isn’t letting up so easily.

I’m constantly sweating and I can’t feel total joy. Last time I had cold water codeine to help me, this time I’m taking a lot of tramadol; neither helped. Tramadol is amazing for me. I’ve had some depression but find it makes me absolutely euphoric to the point I find it difficult to sleep as I’m too happy. But currently it’s not able help me. I’m also waking up after 2-3 hours sleep wide awake. That can be useful at times.

Things are slowly improving for me now. Last night was the worst of my life, I couldn’t sleep and it was playing with my mind on top of the powerful depression and anxiety. I was close to going to hospital for a mental health crisis. Instead I polished off 4 tramadols... the last I had after a taper... managed to feel normal again for a good few hours. Then I managed to see my doc when they opened for the morning.

Been put on a mild antidepressant to combat the lyrica withdrawal anxiety and depression and my opiate is now codeine. Felt scary wiping out my stock though. Lol. Even just for a few hours. It’s been a week since I came off lyrica and I’m still getting sweats and head stuff. According to my other posts here it always takes 2 weeks before I feel normal again.

Wow, Lyrica is something else. I just started taking it a few weeks ago- RX'd 75mg BID off label for anxiety n RLS. Well 75mg did very little so I upped it to 150mg twice a day which made me feel very nice. Energetic yet no anxiety, very at peace but I was also on Klonopin & Percocet.

Long story kinda short I polished off 120 10mg Percs in 7 days being an opiate addict n an ex H junkie. Before this, I had been on Oxy IR 15's for 3 months - the Percs were a step down by my pain mgmt doc to try n taper me off. Didn't work. I ate em all in a week n they were supposed to last a month.

Anyway, I went into opiate wd's n had 90 Tramadol 50's lying around so I started eating shitloads of them plus extra klonopin plus extra lyrica just to keep me comfortable. On Dec. 22nd on day 5 of my wd I ran out of Lyrica. I still had klonopin left n some tramadol. Didn't really help. I had racing thoughts constantly, weird headache, HORRIBLE ANXIETY & restlessness n couldn't sleep for shit. In fact the ONLY thing that helped was some Red Vein Kratom I had n it was minimal relief. Christmas Day I caved n found some Xanax & 30 150mg Lyricas. I couldn't take the wd anymore. It was a special kind od hell n mind u I've been thru opiate n benzo wd's MANY times over. This shit was worse. There was no comfort! And I would mood swing like crazy, cool one minute n snapping off the next.

Anyway, now I'm on 150mgs of Lyrica 3 times a day with 1mg Xanax TID as well, at the same times, & 10 grams Kratom twice a day also... This combo is especially lovely. On par with my best Oxy experiences. Lyrica has become my new fuckin DOC. I find it literally shuts my mind's nagging racing thoughts down. It turns all that background noise OFF n just allows me to sail thru the day. It's an amazing drug. It's also extremely addicting, tolerance builds quick as shit n it's very expensive ($200 a month n i have insurance but they don't cover it).

So, sadly I've decided to ask my doc for a high dose of Gabapentin ( like 1800mgs a day) to take instead of Lyrica. This will also help with the wd's that'll come when I stop taking it. I'm not going thru that hell again. I don't care for Gabapentin anywhere near as much as I do Lyrica. If only there weren't so many negatives that went with Lyrica. I fucking LOVE IT but I hate it too. I'm now enjoying my last 4 or 5 days of Lyrica that I have left. I'll really miss it. It makes music sound better n food taste better n sleep so much deeper. THAT'S HOW MUCH I ENJOY THIS CRAZY ASS DRUG. I hate to say it but Lyrica is not made for addicts AT ALL. For ppl who need it for legit pain who have no history of dependence I'm sure it's a godsend. But that ain't me unfortunately. I gotta say goodbye to the Pregab... Sorry for this novel I wrote... I'm buzzing off my last Lyrica dose of the night right now.
Time to put on some Team Sleep n zone the fuck out. Peace n good luck to anyone who loves this drug as much as I do. Fuckin A.

What does pregamblin do in reference to opiate withdrawal?

It's a miracle drug for opiate wd. I used it recently to kick a nasty Oxy habit (180-200mgs a day for 3 months) n it relieves 80% of wd symptoms. It completely eliminates that restless, anxious feeling of crawling out of ur skin, along with restless legs n leg cramps (the 3 worst wd symptoms for me) plus it gives u an appetite & allows u to actually sleep. It also lifted my mood slightly. Yes, I also took Tramadol but basically Trams have no affect on me i guess i lack that liver enzyme or whatever that makes Tram work like an opiate. And I took low doses of Klonopin too (.05mgs every 6 hours). But no doubt it was the Pregab that helped the most cus as soon as I ran out I felt like shit. Only symptoms it didn't help for me were sneezing, runny nose, & fatigue. So, yeah it's a miracle pill for opiate wd's & oh so lovely if u mix it with some kratom just an fyi.