• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

It can be very dangerous to cold turkey quit pregabalin. People have died because of respiratory issues after stop taking this medicine.

I notice a hugh drop in the release of scientific articles about pregabalin since one year. Does anybody know why? I read they are developing new VGCC's which are a 1000 times potent as pregabalin theoretically. Haven't been able to find any additional information about this, guess it's so confidential.

Btw, I am dependent on 600mg each day for neuropathic pain. Taking it for about 3 years now.

I would say it's OK (for me, at least) to stop dead if they're only taken on a recreational basis in the first place as you're not giving the drug enough time to get a hold, the problem of physical addiction of course mainly being due to prolonged use and suddenly stopping. I always taper off, it's really common sense. But I didn't know about the respiratory aspect. So yeah, kids.. taper off sensibly! ;)

Last edited:
Anyone prescribed this and who took it daily found their memory went shit for a week or so but then went back to normal?

Anyone prescribed this and who took it daily found their memory went shit for a week or so but then went back to normal?

You may struggle to find words, but in ways, you may feel more creative and productive as well. results may vary.

Regarding weight issues. Just an alternative thought on this and NOT proven; rather just "bro science."

Many bodybuilders are taking supplements supposedly marketed as "GABA" drugs as they find GABA may help with muscle building through various mechanisms (not sure exactly how...maybe an increase in the release of natural HGH). So it is possible if you weight train properly, drink LOTS of water (to flush more water), you may find that you gain weight; but muscle weight. So you can either get fat...or fit.

You may struggle to find words, but in ways, you may feel more creative and productive as well. results may vary.

Regarding weight issues. Just an alternative thought on this and NOT proven; rather just "bro science."

Many bodybuilders are taking supplements supposedly marketed as "GABA" drugs as they find GABA may help with muscle building through various mechanisms (not sure exactly how...maybe an increase in the release of natural HGH). So it is possible if you weight train properly, drink LOTS of water (to flush more water), you may find that you gain weight; but muscle weight. So you can either get fat...or fit.

I have a lot of respect for certain bro sciences when it comes to weight training and this makes sense to me. Thanks for the heads up!

Just to chime in LYRICA IS MY FAVORITE PRESCRIPTION DRUG OF ALL TIME! I have a script for Dexedrine Spansules (brand name) and I get more excited about my Lyrica script.

This is the most versatile substance! It's also the most euphoric and this is coming from an IV meth user. Believe the positive reviews. I find it is very similar to DXM in lower doses, yet much more pleasant - I'm not a DXM fan - and almost identical to a GHB/MDMA trip at 700mg and up (with no tolerance of course). Yet it also has an undeniably mild psychedelic quality.

Unlike many, I see very little comparison to benzos or opiates here and fully believe Lyrica is more recreational of the three. Neurontin can't come close to the outrageous euphoria Lyrica provides when you get just the right dose.

But getting the right dose is tricky. Undershoot it and you just feel very dissociated, overshoot it and you pass out for 12 hours. Once you find your sweet spot you're golden... but you have to give it over a week between trips.

It's the best anxiolytic on the market too. But watch out for tolerance!

It's the best anxiolytic on the market too. But watch out for tolerance!

I´ve just started this drug for nervepain and anxiety and now taking 50+50 until I get up to 150+150 (about 4 weeks). When does the effect kick in for anxiety relief? I feel somewhat strange sometimes, like a funny flow is flushing through my body and I am dead tired in the evening...... Guess it wears off after some time?!

^ I felt the anxiety relief an hour after dosing. But the feeling strange part is the best way that I can describe my experiences with Lyrica.

That's a mighty slow taper. At 150mg you should notice anxiety relief within two hours. I don think I would notice 50mg

After reading this Lyrica thread extensively I am ready to try my first large dose to get high. I'm wanting opinions on what dose I should start with. Any responses and opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I tried 600 mg to start, 2 300 mg capsules. I thought it was very interesting and unique. Social inhibition was destroyed, very nice buzz. I didn't feel sedated like I was worried I might. Sex was great too.

That's a mighty slow taper. At 150mg you should notice anxiety relief within two hours. I don think I would notice 50mg

I know it´s a low dose, but I´m going slowly up to 150+150 which is my final dose.

Ok, so today I didn't take my Vicodin and in the morning I took 700mg of Lyrica and took another 700mg around 6:00.i feel very motivated and my pain is minimal. YAY! I have one problem though; I CANNOT pee!! I have to, my bladder is most definitely full. I just sat and tried for about 10 minutes. I turned the sink water in to a trickle hoping that would help me go. No such luck. I turned the water in warm and put my fingers under it. Still nothing! Does anyone else experience this? And if so, do you have any suggestions as to how I can get some relief?? Help!! Lol! Thanks in advance for any responses! DJ

I´ts one of the rarest side effects mentioned in the leaflet. I don´t have any other advice for you besides keep tying to pee :) If you still cannot pee and it starts to hurt i suggest you see your doctor. Good luck!

Hey i take 4x300mg Gabapentin a day for neuropatic pain in my left leg. My doctor will now switch me over to lyrica. I hope my pain will improve from this medication. I will take it for chronic pain what should be the equivalent dose. Tomorrow i will get my first dose, and i want to get high one time from it. (even something compared to ethanol would be nice, because i cant drink and dont want to do drugs right now) I think about 500mg, i only get the 25 mg capsules, to slowly increase the dose so i dont have too many of them. what do you think would be an equivalent dose of lyrica compared to 4x 300mg gabapentin. Does lyrica have serious drawbacks compared to gabapentin, because the gabapentin works ok for me if i am not working. But when i walk or stand a lot (more then 60 min) the pain starts to increase a lot!

I've now upped my dose to 600mg a day a I am on a pretty great high all the time. Nice buzz. I find very few downsides to this drug, and I agree with the others saying it could be used as a party drug. I find the effects a bit like morphine but containing a huge kick of energy, similar to what is experienced on ecstasy or amphetamines and I have to be doing something all the time. They also make me much more extrovert, so coming from someone taking them for social anxiety they are certainly doing the job. On the downside I am experiencing a lot of memory loss and decreased sexual function, but being I am not in a relationship at the moment, who gives a shit. Amazing drug.

Not something I would usually take but in a moment of pain I dropped 375mg first time, felt nothing for 2 hours, suddenly felt very tired and passed out for 4 hours, awoke to intense dizziness and difficulty walking, tried to go back to sleep and had a lot of closed eye visuals. passed out again, 12 hours after feeling effects I was still groggy and felt disconnected from my movements.
as an exp substance user I was surprised how strong the effects were, not really enjoyable though, a poor mans ket-ghb if you will.
a few other experiences with low doses during stim comedowns helped to really take the edge off , better than benzos and even restores your appetite. during comedown 75mg pregabalin and 5mg diaz gave the same sedating effects as 20mg diazepam.
very strange how differently people react to this drug, I certainly wouldn't right off its recreational potential for some.

I'm down to 50mg per day (my Doc told me not to skip days, just to keep lowering daily dose) and I'm feeling so much better. I'm in the process of getting my Masters degree, and a good friend recently told me how great it was to have me "back" this semester. When I asked her to elaborate, she said that many of my friends had been concerned because I was so out of it before (while on 450 mg per day). That I often seemed drunk (I stopped drinking alcohol years ago). I'm so mortified, and I cringe when I think of stumbling around back in my lyrica days. My Doctor also mentioned that effexor withdrawal is supposed to be a real bitch (I think he was trying to make me feel better by telling me that there was some stuff that is even worse than my hated lyrica). So, I'll keep trying, and I'll let you guys know how it's going. Love to everyone, and strength as well!

I'm down to 50mg per day (my Doc told me not to skip days, just to keep lowering daily dose) and I'm feeling so much better. I'm in the process of getting my Masters degree, and a good friend recently told me how great it was to have me "back" this semester. When I asked her to elaborate, she said that many of my friends had been concerned because I was so out of it before (while on 450 mg per day). That I often seemed drunk (I stopped drinking alcohol years ago). I'm so mortified, and I cringe when I think of stumbling around back in my lyrica days. My Doctor also mentioned that effexor withdrawal is supposed to be a real bitch (I think he was trying to make me feel better by telling me that there was some stuff that is even worse than my hated lyrica). So, I'll keep trying, and I'll let you guys know how it's going. Love to everyone, and strength as well!

Do you feel any anxiety at all due to the reduction of Lyrica? I mean due to possible withdrawal effects? I'm taking 900mg/day atm, and started to wonder whether my anxiety spikes might be b/c of missed doses or waiting to long between doses..

I'm not feeling anxiety exactly. All I can say is that I don't feel so emotionally dead. However I wasn't taking Lyrica for anxiety, I was taking it for pain, and it did not help me with pain at all. It makes sense that it is a drug that helps with anxiety, because it made me feel very flat. The majority of my withdrawal symptoms were more flu like. It has been a rough taper for sure. Are you taking all 900 mg at once? That seems like a pretty high dose for just once a day. I could see how taking that much and waiting 24 hours ultralight cause some anxiety. Are you trying to cut down or taper? Or is lyrica working for you?