• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I am now on 100+100 (morning and evening) and slowly up to 150+150. I take it for both pain and anxiety and it seems to be working best for anxiety. My mood is lighter and I come out of the house more often and dare to meet people again. I have not felt flat, sad, drunklike or anything yet. The first two weeks I felt a bit strange, but that has disappeared. My memory still works fine and I can still drive. Even had a couple glasses of wine this weekend and didn´t notice anything :)

I am under no circumstances telling anyone to discontinue taking a drug that might be working for them. I can see how frightening it must be to read some of these posts, but most of the people here are having problems with the medication. I have been on other forums that sing praises for lyrica. My biggest issue is that I was specifically told that there were no addiction or withdrawal issues with lyrica, and that is a big fat lie. My life has been damaged beyond belief by lyrica, and I wish I could sue Pfizer for a billion dollars, and use the money to open a very luxurious spa to freely treat all of us who have suffered for as long as we need the help. All Pfizer Executives and salesmen who pushed this drug would be forced to work as maids and staff, ready to give hour long massages whenever we, the VICTIMS, desire them. I can dream, right?

I´m sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience with Lyrica. I´m glad you´re feeling better now and hope it will last. Seems to be working for some, but I also see many take it to get high. Hope I never experience that. How long have you been taking Lyrica and did you take 150 mg three times a day? My doctor never mentioned any addiction to this drug, but my psychiatrist did and I´m glad she did. I´ve read every post in this thread a couple of times and must say it scared me to death to start up with this drug and I delayed starting with it for a few months.
How long is it normal to be on this drug before tapering down? Can´t say I look forward to that with all the w/d mentioned...... I think I might go even slower when it´s time to quit and reduce by 25 mg a week. Hopefully I only get some mild w/d if I get any. One thing is for sure: this is not a drug to take lightly!

I´m sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience with Lyrica. I´m glad you´re feeling better now and hope it will last. Seems to be working for some, but I also see many take it to get high. Hope I never experience that. How long have you been taking Lyrica and did you take 150 mg three times a day? My doctor never mentioned any addiction to this drug, but my psychiatrist did and I´m glad she did. I´ve read every post in this thread a couple of times and must say it scared me to death to start up with this drug and I delayed starting with it for a few months.
How long is it normal to be on this drug before tapering down? Can´t say I look forward to that with all the w/d mentioned...... I think I might go even slower when it´s time to quit and reduce by 25 mg a week. Hopefully I only get some mild w/d if I get any. One thing is for sure: this is not a drug to take lightly!

I think it all comes down to body chemistry. I've taken Lyrica for pain for the past 6 months at 50mg 3 times a day sometimes taking an extra and because of a mix up between my doctor and Pfizer I had to drop down from 150mg to 50mg overnight to keep from running out. It's been 5 days now and I've only had mild w/d the first couple days. I'm kind of surprised really because I was expecting the worst since I've been mixing benzos and lyrica, not recreational doses or daily (2-4 times a week) since almost day one.

When I was on my antidepressant I did a fast 1 week taper after being on it for a year and had no withdrawal while I read of others who have a horrible time getting off even after months of a slow taper.

Picking up some lyrica tomorrow :D
Loved gabapentin so im rather excited to try lyrica.
I was wondering, does lyrica have a time release mechanism?

Picking up some lyrica tomorrow :D
Loved gabapentin so im rather excited to try lyrica.
I was wondering, does lyrica have a time release mechanism?

No, but it will take a couple of hours to peak regardless.

as i've said in the introduction thread, i was on 1.5 grams of lyrica (and a klonopin and 4 1mg roofies), and now that I woke up after blacking out for an hour, i took another 1.5 grams and another roofie, and i couldn't be feeling better. i plan to go as high as 4 grams. i'm just feeling so good!

disclaimer: NOBODY should do what i'm doing, i'm an old user and my tolerance is really high. heed the warnings in here cos you ight end up in a gurney if you do as i do.

I'm going on a trip to Greece on tuesday morning and I have been prescribed 10 mg Sobril (oksazepam; its almost the same as 5 mg diazepam). I'm now on 100+150 Lyrica and take my doses at 11, both morning and night. My flight is at 06:40 in the morning and I have to take my benzo 1- 2 hours before takeoff. Will I even notice anything but the usual, like a bit relaxed when I take it? I have taken one pill now and then before when I was anxious, but never after I started with Lyrica. Is it likely that the Lyrica will boost the benzo in these small doses and at this time of hour?
Hope to get some answers :)

I have been on Lyrica for about a year. Im currently taking 100mg a day. Last night I took 200 mg and for the first time in a while I felt light and floaty. Bad thing is I have the shakes in my hands and feel slightly unstable on my feet. A pro however is it made me feel extremely horny. With 22 surgeries on my abdomenan in the past two years my sex drive is in the garbage. So this added benefit is unbelievable. So I tried it again today and took 200mg this morning and the same thing happens. Could this be a new answer to lack of sex drive! I swear when I went to the grocery store I was emitting pheromones because men were following me like a pack of wolves .

My sex drive has also increased a lot since I've started with Lyrica and I can still come! I see there's a lot who loses this ability along with the sex drive...........

I've been on Lyrica for 6 months and it killed my sex drive, and while I'm not sexually active I have pretty much lost all interest in masturbation.

If I take my 150 mg dose of Lyrica at 23:00 tonight and my 10 mg oksazepam (same as 5 mg diazepam) at 05:00 in the morning, will the benzo be boosted very much? I know it will be boosted, but not how much and I am a bit scared to be honest.......

Lyrica is a much more powerful drug and it's more the benzo that would be the booster. At high enough doses anyway.

Thanks for the reply!
In which way will it boost the Lyrica? I don't feel anything when I take the Lyrica alone...... Don't wanna get high or "drunklike" when in the air or behave like an idiot ;) Is 150 mg a high enough dose 6 hours before intake of the benzo to notice anything but the ususal when taking benzo alone? Sorry for all the stupid questions, but I'm a little anxious about this..... Half of the Lyrica will be out of my system after about 6- 7 hours when I take the benzo....

Last edited:
gaba confusiin and withdrawak

ok, I'm just going to provide basics so maybe you guys could use the data to help me.
for 7 years i was prescribed gabapentin 600mg 4 times a day. after trying lyrica once I fell in love. being that I have a spinal injury I thought I would be a sure fire candidate for lyrica script. so I asked my doctor and he obliged and have me a prescription for 75mg twice a day. I found that rather small compared to my neurontin and note he replaced the neurontin with lyrica so no more neurontin.

to my dismay, the pharmacy sent me a letter rejecting the funding saying that I must first try cymbalta (i don't like ssri) and 3600mg a day of neurontin to see trey work before considering lyrica.
so i went back to my doctor and my intuition told me to ask him if he had any samples, he came out with a bag of 6sample bottles containing 14 75mg capsules each and said here this should last you two months. it was like a party in a bag but at the same time I knew that I would be sol when they run out because I don't have any neurontin.
so the addict that I am, I went through the whole bunch in 4 days. I just Took the last twenty one pills and I'm freaking out. I went through gabaergic withdrawal (namely neurontin for this discussion) and it was awful.
my question based on what you know about my tolerance to those 2 drugs can anyone give me any pointers?
my arsenal consists of 45mg baclofen daily. I have enough klonopin to last about 2mg a day and 8mg suboxone a day. can anyone help with a regimen using those meds I have namely the baclofen to help attenuate the neurontin /lyrica (gabapentin /pregabalin) withdrawal? should I maybe leave a message on the doctors refill line asking for more gabapentin? he is also my klonopin dr so i don't want to fuck that up. thanks in advance

@sp0r412 1133

Maybe you should go visit your doctor and tell him how it is? He would most likely know what to do and give you a regime so you don't get any nasty wd symptoms. Sorry I can't help you otherwise. Wish you the best of luck and hopefully you will get some better answers in here :)

Thanks for the reply!
In which way will it boost the Lyrica? I don't feel anything when I take the Lyrica alone...... Don't wanna get high or "drunklike" when in the air or behave like an idiot ;) Is 150 mg a high enough dose 6 hours before intake of the benzo to notice anything but the ususal when taking benzo alone? Sorry for all the stupid questions, but I'm a little anxious about this..... Half of the Lyrica will be out of my system after about 6- 7 hours when I take the benzo....

You will probably still feel your benzo being stronger but by how much who knows. I mix lyrica and benzos 2-3 times a week and for me it takes around 2 hours for the lyrica to work so I always take it a couple hours before I plan to take my benzo. I almost always use 100mg of lyrica for potentiation.