Bluelight

Thread: what to use when lubbing your syringe

1. Collapse Details
    what to use when lubbing your syringe 
    Bluelighter
    i know i shouldn't re use them. but im a junkie and that's what i do. but any way the other day my plunger got stuck and popped out of the black thing inside. so after slowly and carefully pulling out the plungers i lubed the black thing with a very small amount of brand new . i made sure there was nothing on the black thing on the plunger. Then i submerged it in water. After having the plunger back in the rig i cleaned it out with water before using.

My question is that is it safe to use chap stick to lube the rig? i used it couple of times and it works great now. but what are the dangerous? can it get into the blood? And what do you use to lube your rig?

2. Collapse Details

Uh... Buy new rigs.

Watch out for that Rig-a-mortis.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i know to buy new ones. But please answer the question

and is Rig-a-mortis even anything?

4. Collapse Details

I use the same needle-less syringe over and over for the first pass filter of my pills.

this happens to me sometimes, what I do is blow into the one end while pulling on the plunger slowly. then once I've got it to the top, I push it back down, and suck up a full thing of water a few times and squirt it out. then it works again for a while. if its happening to the rig you've been using to shoot up with, you really should get new works, bud.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yea i know, but its still sharp and fairly new. I think the lube was ruined when i cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide, and rubbing alcohol.

6. Collapse Details

I'm sure one time you'll be fine. but I wouldn't keep using it. clean the spot with some rubbing alcohol, and put a dab of triple antibiotic ointment on the injection site.

7. Collapse Details

In a word, NO.

If you can, take a step back and think about the question: you're saying that you're re-using old syringes to the point that you've needed to lube them up with non-sterile lip balm and you're concerned if THAT is safe?

None of what you're working with is sterile, making it inherently dangerous.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew paranoid android's Avatar
    Buy new rigs! They are cheap as fuck at a pharmacy and most cities have needle exchanges. Reusing syringes is a really good way to get cotton fever or catch a infection or worse.

9. Collapse Details

Buy new rigs.

I'm not saying you do this but this is what I have seen people do, use butter and one of my buddy used to stick it in his ear and use his ear wax, I know nasty.

10. Collapse Details

If I did not have another syringe I would use a little chapstick, just a tiny bit. If I was on the street and needed something that second a little ear wax will do the trick. Just take the plunger if you can get it out rub it in your ear like you were cleaning it. It sounds discusting but when you need that shot and dont have a place to go or a new rig at the moment, It works....

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yea i thats true NJDOKE.

i barley put any chaptstick on it and it was brand new. and then cleaned out, isnt that good enough for now? and

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.kush View Post
    yea i thats true NJDOKE.

i barley put any chaptstick on it and it was brand new. and then cleaned out, isnt that good enough for now? and
    Yeah I have used it over and over a couple times before they had needle exchange here in NJ. Or if i was just on hard times,sometimes you cant always get a set right away. Yeah just a tiny amount will do ya. So there is no residue in the syringe after use. I would take the plunger out as well while its not being used. Just try to clesn it with alcohol or peroxide after use and just put the chapstick on right before you use it. I dont know how safe it is or not Im just talking about real life ya know, some times we got to do what we got to do..

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    NJDOKE there are no truer words right there

14. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    I know you said that the needle is still sharp, but click on the link and see what it looks like after a few uses.

http://bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=487276

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yea Tommyboy thats scary, im shooting up with a fish hook lol

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    GO A NEW ONE!! but its 30ccs!!

17. Collapse Details

@the above people
    rigor mortis IS real, it is the stiffening of muscles after death
    from latin