• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what to use when lubbing your syringe

i know i shouldn't re use them. but im a junkie and that's what i do. but any way the other day my plunger got stuck and popped out of the black thing inside. so after slowly and carefully pulling out the plungers i lubed the black thing with a very small amount of brand new . i made sure there was nothing on the black thing on the plunger. Then i submerged it in water. After having the plunger back in the rig i cleaned it out with water before using.

My question is that is it safe to use chap stick to lube the rig? i used it couple of times and it works great now. but what are the dangerous? can it get into the blood? And what do you use to lube your rig?
I realize this is an old post but maybe it will help someone. I have been in the situation of having to reuse the same rig, re-lubing, resharpening, macgyvering the hell out of the only way I'm gonna get my fix. Anywho, I've tried everything from coconut oil, tea tree oil, chapstick, Vaseline, ointments, conditioner, but anything that has alcohol or oils will break down the silicone material (black part) on the plunger. The best this to use is personal lubricant (that's right, good ol' KY to the rescue) it's water based so won't bother the plunger. Plus it won't bother the tube of the syringe. You do have to reapply as the chemicals in whatever your injecting and the water from rinsing eventually breaks down the KY, which is what it's supposed to do. I'm not sure how or what they use when making syringes in the factories to lube them. But it's probably to expensive for us junkies to get ahold of ;). Hope this helps someone. Be safe and always use fresh rigs, but when you are in a situation to reuse one. Please make sure it's yours and never share... It's the one rule you should always abide by, you're clean self will thank you later.