• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom - Semi-experienced - Most intense opiate high yet!

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
I'll make this one short and sweet because there's really not too much to say. I'm simply informing the masses of the power of kratom, as it seems to be very underrated from what I read.

I've used kratom many times before, and have gotten quite pleasurable buzzes but nothing ever flooring. I've had stronger opiates before, IV hydromorphone a couple times (small doses, 1mg at a time), railed oxy, percs/vikes all over the place, and also drank pod tea religiously for a while. I know what opiates feel like, should feel like, and what a somewhat intense experience feels like, to the point where you actually have to fight off the nodding to stay alert.

Yesterday I had a relatively empty stomach, and I dosed a glass of kratom tea with an estimated dosage. At first I thought it was about 10-12g (tried my best to dump out 1/5th of a 50g bag), but I'm starting to think it was more. Normal premium commercial powdered leaf. Here's how it went:

Time of ingestion is ~7:00pm.

0:00 - Finished my cup, yuck...

0:10 - Bad nausea setting in, I decide to take a shower to try and forget about it until it goes away. While in the shower, I believe I already start feeling effects. This stuff kicks in ultra fast compared to pod tea.

0:20 - I'm out of the shower, effects are clearly building. I check my pupils and they aren't quite pinned yet, but definitely shrinking.

0:30 - I feel like I'm peaking, I almost considered drinking more because I thought this was as good as it was going to get. I check my pupils. Nearly invisible, I don't think I've ever seen them so small. I feel absolutely fantastic, euphoric as hell! Good thing I didn't dose more...because....

1:00 - ...over the course of an hour after ingestion, effects steadily build up and up and up to the point where I'm almost uncomfortably high. Lots of pleasant stimulation, intense euphoria, and lots of empathy towards friends. I have a strong urge to just be around them and talk. I walk by the mirror a few times and my pupils are so unusually small that my eyes just plain look WEIRD. 8o

~1:30 - I take one single bong hit of good cannabis. I am in the stars now. If this was any other opiate, I would've been nodding uncontrollably at this point. Being that it's kratom, and it's stimulating, I wasn't nodding but instead I had a ton of energy I didn't know what to do with! I love it!!

?:?? - Pretty much up until I woke up the next morning, I felt great. I was still very stimulated while laying in bed, I remember looking at the clock and seeing 3:00am, but still felt so euphoric I didn't care! I just lied there, loving life. I finally took a melatonin and drifted off.

Basically, all I'm trying to convey is that kratom is most certainly a very potent substance, and if taken in slightly higher doses, it can seriously floor you if you aren't used to the really hard stuff like IV heroin. Even so, like I said, I was so damn high I felt like if I was any higher I'd be uncomfortable. Plus, the fact that it was so stimulating instead of sedating made me actually like it more than any other opiate I've ever had. Yeah, I said it....even though kratom isn't even technically an opiate, I'm inclined to say I enjoyed yesterday's kratom high better than any other opiate experience I've ever had. I read in a kratom trip report once where the guy compared kratom to a low dose of MDMA (sans visuals) and a moderate dose of oxy. I can most certainly see where he's coming from on that. The stimulation and added empathy make it feel that way. Also, it came with a lovely side helping of a tingly body high that I felt down to my toes and teeth. Freaking awesome.

Now, I can already hear all you hard opiate aficionado loading your flame throwers and aiming them at my n00b face, however before you light me on fire, remember, I'm talking relatively here. From the experience that I have with opiates, this has been one of the most enjoyable if not the most. I'm sure if I ran down the street and copped a bag of dope and banged it, my opinion would change. Just sayin', this stuff rocks a lot more than I think it's getting credit for. And for the price, how can you beat it? No price discussion, however dollar for dollar, the cost of one 5mg percocet will get you ~12 hours of a flooring kratom high. And that's on demand, 100% legal, shipped to your door, uncut, pure natural product, no shady dealers, etc.. You weigh out the difference. :)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_kratom
substancecode_opiates
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my kratom in the mail yesterday. My last sub dose was 36 hours ago so I'm starting the kratom today to stave off withdrawals. I also took some loperamide ahead of time. I'm fairly opiate tolerant (ok, massively) so I took 6mgs of powder (I bought premium dried crushed leaves and ground them up) and it's been about 20 minutes since I got it all down. Guh.

I'm starting to feel a bit...comfy. But I think I'm going to try another 3 gms in a few minutes. Here's hopin.

If you're looking for a buzz, I'd go with more like 15g if you have a very high tolerance, actually maybe more. I had a cup last night of exactly 10g, weighed out and it looked like it was ~3/4ths of what my cup in this TR was. My high last night was also no where near as intense but still very nice. I highly doubt I have a tolerance like yours though.

If you're simply looking to fight off withdrawal symptoms I'd say you're onto the right dosages.

I ended up taking 15 g all told over the span of about an hour and a half, and about two hours later, after feeling good for a while, I got the sweats and a bit nauseated. So I think 12 is my limit, not flyin' high, but feeling good.

Yeah, that's the only downside to this drug is it comes with a generous helping of nausea that comes and goes especially right after you drink it. By the time I have half the cup down, I usually have to put it down, and go outside, breathe deeply, walk around, and try to hold back the puke with all the effort I have.

Which isn't a terrible thing because it stops me from wanting to dose so often, and re-dosing would probably be impossible to keep down.

Another interesting thing I've noticed, and am now reading other's reports, it ALWAYS gives me wicked hiccups! Enough to get to the point where it kinda ruins my high and makes my throat hurt. Funny thing is, a Reese's cures that up immediately. I'm coming up on kratom as we speak, was hiccuping like a motherfucker, bought a two pack of Reese's, at one, they went away completely and immediately.

Apparently peanut butter helps with hiccups.

Ok also, word to the wise. Don't mix a benzo and kratom if you plan to be productive. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Took 1mg k-pin as I was drinking down the sludge and now I'm nodding off...

Each one of these reports puts another nail in the coffin of drug scheduling for Kratom within the United States. :|

Each one of these reports puts another nail in the coffin of drug scheduling for Kratom within the United States. :|

I agree. But not even in the US, other countries are going first. I think Apo and I feel a little more responsible wording could have been used. (I know, we are a bunch of shitheads eh?) Next up, Kava, like drinking a quart of tequila and taking 10 valiums.

I agree. But not even in the US, other countries are going first. I think Apo and I feel a little more responsible wording could have been used. (I know, we are a bunch of shitheads eh?) Next up, Kava, like drinking a quart of tequila and taking 10 valiums.

Exactly what I thought when I read this.

To the OP: I actually envy you if you feel that good of kratom.

Anyone out there with a high opiate/opiod tolerence (i can I.V. 160mg Methadone on top of 80mg oral and function) had experience with kratom? I'm looking at it mainly as a way to stave off those dreaded withdrawls. The one worry i have is the reported stimulant effects. I like to sleep, be on the nod or at least lay down and be out of it. I've been through my Ice faze and no longer enjoy that wired feeling. I suppose thats better than hanging out but if the withdrawls arent too bad i'd rather just wait for more of the real deal. Advise please?

aussiejames, I'm going through suboxone withdrawals and my opiate tolerance is massive. When I went on suboxone I was taking more than 200mgs of hydro + eating 75mcg fentanyl patches each day. I take a daily 16 mg suboxone dosage (which is high). I can't refill my script until the 22nd so I'm going to be in a sucky place.

I've always found success with loperamide for w/d, but this time added 6gms then 6 more of kratom and felt fine. Not super great. Not high, not like OP, but I slept great, got up and cleaned the house, went grocery shopping...normal.

I am Subutex (8mg a day) and really enjoy kratom. I use it a few times a week and I must say it is always fun. Very unique, a bit more euphoric then subutex and nicely stimulating. I go for a run of a few miles with no problem after taking it.

I really hope it does not get scheduled, that would honestly break my heart. This seems like a pretty safe substance and I can't imagine how someone could kill themselves on it but I guess the media would over hype it like so many other things.

I guess if it starts getting in the news ill get together my savings and stock up haha.

I guess if it starts getting in the news ill get together my savings and stock up haha.

EXACTLY what I thought. I even was thinking if I should just drop $$ and buy a whole pound of it. It most likely will be illegal soon, just like drone in the UK. I can see drone being schedule I within the next year in the US especially now that the UK just did it. Hasn't been much news over here about it though.

Also guys, if you're going to try and make a kratom "tea" where you make a tea bag of kratom and just drink the tainted water, don't waste your time and product. It barely does a thing and I used ~15g. If I would've straight drank the 15g powder and all, I would've been soaring.

Basically, all I'm trying to convey is that kratom is most certainly a very potent substance, and if taken in slightly higher doses, it can seriously floor you if you aren't used to the really hard stuff like IV heroin. Even so, like I said, I was so damn high I felt like if I was any higher I'd be uncomfortable. Plus, the fact that it was so stimulating instead of sedating made me actually like it more than any other opiate I've ever had. Yeah, I said it....even though kratom isn't even technically an opiate, I'm inclined to say I enjoyed yesterday's kratom high better than any other opiate experience I've ever had. I read in a kratom trip report once where the guy compared kratom to a low dose of MDMA (sans visuals) and a moderate dose of oxy. I can most certainly see where he's coming from on that. The stimulation and added empathy make it feel that way. Also, it came with a lovely side helping of a tingly body high that I felt down to my toes and teeth. Freaking awesome.

I think that was my report. :) Kratom was exactly like this for me when I got into it. That slowly faded over the years and I ended up being strongly addicted for almost 6 years. The last 4 years it really only made me feel calm and a little euphoric, and relaxed, even if I withdrew and had no tolerance.

My point is, use it sparingly and it can be an awesome ally, much better than other opiates to combine with psychedelics and in general give positive, useful effects. But as for me, I can never enjoy it again, nor opiates at all.

How does that work? The bupe should be blocking the kratom.

Im not sure how it works, starting out I thought I would not get any effects from kratom due to my tolerence but it works. I can go a day or two with no bupe and have no ill effects so once or twice a week I will skip a dose and use kratom.

@ Seattle_Stranger I somehow get the feeling that kratom will not be made illegal on a federal level anytime soon. Look at salvia, its been hyped by the media forever but its not scheduled nationally. Granted salvia is shit compared to kratom.

I need to try the tea, I just drink some grapefruit juice to numb my mouth, measure out about 18g and spoon it under my tongue and wash it down.

I'm not sure how it works, starting out I thought I would not get any effects from kratom due to my tolerance but it works. I can go a day or two with no bupe and have no ill effects so once or twice a week I will skip a dose and use kratom.

So how long after the kratom until you use the bupe again? Do you do what one is supposed to do with opiods, ie wait until WD symptoms begin before taking the bupe...since bupe will cause WD symptoms is a traditional mu agonist is still present in the receptors.

Im not sure how it works, starting out I thought I would not get any effects from kratom due to my tolerence but it works. I can go a day or two with no bupe and have no ill effects so once or twice a week I will skip a dose and use kratom.

@ Seattle_Stranger I somehow get the feeling that kratom will not be made illegal on a federal level anytime soon. Look at salvia, its been hyped by the media forever but its not scheduled nationally. Granted salvia is shit compared to kratom.

I need to try the tea, I just drink some grapefruit juice to numb my mouth, measure out about 18g and spoon it under my tongue and wash it down.

Don't waste your time with the tea. You're just going to waste product. I made a 15g cup of tea, barely felt it at all.