• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom - Semi-experienced - Most intense opiate high yet!

For the first time ive been introduced to the nauseating and dysphoric side of kratom. Ive binged for about 2 weeks and last night took a particularly high dose (about 37~ grams) Kind of caused me a mix of dysphoric mood and panic attack. Kratom is definatly best with some spacing of a few days within dosage too keep the enjoyable effects and reduce chance of addiction (i noticed some withdrawl like symptoms after 2 weeks)

so whats a good starting dose with no tolerance?

~7-10g would be a good introductory dosage. Depending on how well that works for you, if it's weak, try about 12g. I wouldn't do more than that for your first couple of doses, especially if you're an opiate noob. :)

i just bought 4 grams of 15x extract. if i take it all, will it be enough to get me high? i have no tolerance.

i just bought 4 grams of 15x extract. if i take it all, will it be enough to get me high? i have no tolerance.

One gram taken on an empty stomach (do not eat for 2 to 5 hours before dosing) should be enough if you have no tolerance. You should also be safe taking two grams of the 15x on an empty stomach; more bang for your buck. More than that and you may get sick. Kratom sickness is no fun. The "toss and wash" method of consumption should work well for you with the 15x (Googling "toss and wash kratom" brings up several useful and informative results)

Extracts really really really aren't as good as plain leaf. Sure you have to chock down more powder but its absolutely worth it in terms or price/effects/tolerance. My experience with tossing and washing powder was first few times I gagged, then I could easily tolerate it and barely tasted it at all.

Extracts really really really aren't as good as plain leaf. Sure you have to chock down more powder but its absolutely worth it in terms or price/effects/tolerance. My experience with tossing and washing powder was first few times I gagged, then I could easily tolerate it and barely tasted it at all.

Extracts aren't meant to be taken by themselves anyway... They're meant to enhance plain leaf. That's what most blends are.... plain leaf and UEI or something more concentrated.

Thanks for the trip report. I knew nothing about Kratom before reading this, but it definitely sounds like a worthwhile experience. Especially the fact that it provides some stimulation at the same time...I look forward to trying it in the near future.

middle aged and starting to feel it.

KRATOM at the weekend seems to reduce my se x drive, erection quality for several days.
Pity, cos I like it, one heaped tbsp is my limit.

Seatle_Strange: u said in ur OP that u eat/ate vikes n percs all the time n railed oxy, what were your dosages?

Good report, I enjoyed reading.

Although, you didnt specify the strain of Kratom you were using? (unless Ive missed it?)

Was it bali? Indonesiean? Red Vein?

I do not use opiates often (often being a very relative term), and never have. The most frequent usage I've ever had was a period of time where I'd drink ~3-4 glasses of pod tea a week and even that was extremely short lived (I'm talking less than 2 months time). As for pills, I actually rarely get my hands on them and even when I do it's an extremely small amount, good enough for just a weekend usually.

Having said that, 10-15mg oxycodone insufflated is perfect for me. Right now as we speak, I'm coming up on ~20g of kratom. I'd say it's a close call between 10mg insufflated oxy and 20g kratom as far as the intensity of the high goes. Obviously the insufflated oxy sets in quicker, but also leaves just as fast. Kratom lasts nice and long. :)

I use the regular, plain jane premium indo. From what I've read everywhere, the extracts and all the other stuff is no better, if not less potent than the cheapest powdered leaf. I don't have much experience with other kinds of kratom, I ordered some various kinds in capsule a while back but everything was a very low dose (for me, at about ~3-4g total) so I didn't really notice much of a difference bewteen the strains.

I'd love to try an equivalent moderate-high dose of each one, though.

I just tried kraton for the first time while going through oxy withdrawals. I bought the capsules, there was 20 per pack. I took about ten an a cpl hours later I passed out cold. Remember, I was on 72 hrs w no oxy.... Full blown withdrawals and it allowed me to sleep like 9 hrs. Kraton works because I was comin off of a 160 mg daily oxy habit

I take 2-4 op a day and usually take sub after a couple weeks to clean up, but still go thru terrible withdraws.. How much Kratom should I take to be able to function and or maybe buzz a bit??

Thanks for the trip report. I knew nothing about Kratom before reading this, but it definitely sounds like a worthwhile experience. Especially the fact that it provides some stimulation at the same time...I look forward to trying it in the near future.

I have been on kratom almost daily for 2 yrs now, which is sad. It's very expensive (as I get it at a gas station in town), but it definitely is an instant mood enhancer for me. Different kinds cause different affects, usually subtle but definitely noticeable. Be careful though, because addiction IS a high potential. Withdrawals are like opiate withdrawals--which I've learned to stave off with loperamide (works wonders) or even changing the brand/type of kratom I use. I think my favorite kratom used to be Indo but I seem to like the Malaysian type lately, which is a little more sedating. One large does in the morning has me good ALL day. But I'm serious about the withdrawals and the depression of stopping. DO not take this lightly. Otherwise, I say kratom is a great legal substance, just be responsible about using it, unlike me, and draining your bank account due to it. so sad.

I have been on kratom almost daily for 2 yrs now, which is sad. It's very expensive (as I get it at a gas station in town), but it definitely is an instant mood enhancer for me. Different kinds cause different affects, usually subtle but definitely noticeable. Be careful though, because addiction IS a high potential. Withdrawals are like opiate withdrawals--which I've learned to stave off with loperamide (works wonders) or even changing the brand/type of kratom I use. I think my favorite kratom used to be Indo but I seem to like the Malaysian type lately, which is a little more sedating. One large does in the morning has me good ALL day. But I'm serious about the withdrawals and the depression of stopping. DO not take this lightly. Otherwise, I say kratom is a great legal substance, just be responsible about using it, unlike me, and draining your bank account due to it. so sad.

In addition, each month when I get my xanax or clonopin refill (or any rc benzo) I always swear I will take those and no kratom and after about 5 days the kratom withdrawals are over. However, I've learned that kratom mixed with benzo is so delightful that I really have no self control. Yes, I am an addict. I am aware of that. So my husband, which does not even take advil, keeps control over my usage--and that's a big step for an addict to give that control to someone else as much as I did not want to. Otherwise, I know I will end up never getting off.

I agree on the kraton/benzo combo, throw in a little weed and it's a very nice high. My preferred benzo to mix with is temazepam.