• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Weed for opiate withdrawal

johnny oxy

Bluelighter
I have smoked weed at night for 15 years now to relax. I have recently tapered my dose of opiates that I had been taking for a medical condition and have went through some terrible withdrawals My opinion some good green helps HUGE with wd's. Maybe not for everyone but it has helped me.

Eh, for me, weed is just okay for opiate wds
It helps me to actually eat something and relaxes
me for a few hours but then its hell to pay.
I get REALLY bad RLS. Like.. I even get that
shit in my arms. Weed makes it 100x worse.
The only way ill smoke weed during wd is if
I have a benzo to take after the major effects
wear off. ... That's just me though.

the rls kills me too. its in my arms, my neck. SUCKS. but i take a benzo. and clonodine too which if u dont already know lowers your blood pressure and was a miracle drug for me. and its not controlled so a doc will give it to u no problem.

I've never gone through opiate withdrawal, but I find weed helps with anything that causes nausea that isn't food poisoning. It helps my menstrual induced nausea big time, and right now because of some bullshit drama happened over the weekend and the anxiety it has caused me, weed got me able to sit through class this morning without throwing up. OP, you don't really specify which aspect of opiate withdrawal you mean --- if it's even the stomach upset type of stuff, I would think that's where weed may not make anything good necessarily, but at least make it less bad.

Clonidine does work wonders. Definatley
helps with the chills. I've also found,
as I'm sure you know, that taking really
hot baths help with the RLS. Exercise is
also great if you can make yourself get
outta bed. Honestly, if it wasn't for the
RLS wd would almost be tolerable. Almost..

Well i've never been addicted to opiates, but weed always makes me want a cigarette. I assume it would make me want an opiate if i was addicted to one.

Well i've never been addicted to opiates, but weed always makes me want a cigarette. I assume it would make me want an opiate if i was addicted to one.

It's honestly not quiet the same. I've had a harder time ignoring a cig urge than an opiate urge while very high on good MMJ. YMMV

For me smoking weed is basically a necessity for withdrawal. While it doesn't take away all the symptoms, for me it does let my mind rest a bit and I may even get lost in some thoughts and forget I'm withdrawaling for a couple minutes.

I'd definitely recommend a potent indica if possible. Or even better baking some edibles with said indica AND smoking too. Of course most people have no idea if they're getting idicas or sativas but if possible go indica for the heavy body relaxation and stone. And baking will give you a stronger/longer high. I know cooking isn't the first thing to come to mind while dope sick, so maybe prepare the food in advance.

I know the JWH's get a lot of hate from regular cannabis users but if nothing else is available I've found it to work pretty damn good minus the short duration of the high.

I usually have good indica. And it does provide some relief for me. Also helps me eat. I have lost 75lb over the course of my taper. Hash is the best though IMO.

For me it helps with minor withdrawals and itching, but with being real sick it doesn't do much but ease the pain and take you somewhere else for a while.

OP you're probably going to want to have this moved to OD. This is more of an "opiate withdrawal" question than it is a "marijuana" question, you know? OD junkies can lend you a hand.

depends on ur mental health. cannabis is anxiogenic plant if it doesnt make u freak out or feel bad etc it really helps (toking 15 years to relax aint mean ull never get anxiogenic effects) if u have mental illness history or in ur family (specially psychotic disorders/diseases) u shouldnt toke while WDing

OP you're probably going to want to have this moved to OD. This is more of an "opiate withdrawal" question than it is a "marijuana" question, you know? OD junkies can lend you a hand.

It's run it's course here, moving to OD.

OD Mods, do what you'd like with it.

depends on ur mental health. cannabis is anxiogenic plant if it doesnt make u freak out or feel bad etc it really helps (toking 15 years to relax aint mean ull never get anxiogenic effects) if u have mental illness history or in ur family (specially psychotic disorders/diseases) u shouldnt toke while WDing

Don't toke while WDing, where do you come up with your shit?

Weed always helped me during wd's, especially the nausea and crawling skin sensation. Would also help me sleep somewhat

weed always helps......

it makes you get hungry and eat which is good...
if your stomach is hurting or want to puke it helps that too..
and it gets you high <3 weed

i thought i was the only one where weed just super intensifies RLS? i get that shit bad, especially like in my joints like my knees, all the way from my thighs to arms to fingers. its baaaad.

To me, weed is absolutely essential. It does a great job with stomach nausea and pain. It also takes the edge off a bit and relaxes your muscles. Also, it will help you at least eat something where as you might not eat anything at all w/o it. Plus, if you can get very potent weed it will sedate you pretty well. I wouldn't want to WD w/o it.