• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Whats *your* stimulant "comedown killer" combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaySedated

Bluelighter
for all the stimulant users out there, what combo of downers do you use to crash into. after a fun time on speed, coke, xtc, or any other stimulant with a bad crash, is there a certain combo of drugs you use to fall back on. i know benzos are a must , but i find that benzos combined with a few other drugs REALLY erase the crash.

my usual "comedown killer" combo is:

45-60mg.- temazepam(i'm quite benzo tolerant)
2mg.- clonazepam(best anti-anxiety imo, long lasting)
20-30mg.- diazepam(long half life carries into next day;))
20-30mg.- oxycodone(really lifts mood, i'm a little opiate tolerant)
25mg.- hydroxyzine(opiate potientiator and relieves itching)
3 shots of whiskey or 3 beers(not too much)

and if i need to go to sleep add:

10-20mg.- zolpidem(ambien;effective, what i usually would use)
or
100-150mg.- quetiapine(seroquel; last resort, will ALWAYS K.O.)

*i don't always use the last two, only on esp. rough comedowns when i can fall asleep

well, thats what i use. what combos do you use on comedowns?

Any benzodiazepine trank, w/ some pot.

Second choice: heroin.

Last choice: booze.

Around 500mg's of Seroquel usually does the job for me.

If that doesn't work, I take some Haldol. :\

Last edited:
yeah any descent benzo. Any beno tolerate prson probably wouldn't get much relief from valuim, it seems like the absolute weakest beno..I doubt the hydroxzyine would touch it. I'd probaly avoid the boose and benzo out of the fear of feeling like roadkill the next day.

Around 500mg's of Seroquel usually does the job for me.

If that doesn't work, I take some Haldol. :\

haldol, isn't that a potent antipsychotic thats worse than seroquel?

shit man, i wouldn't go near the older antipsychotics...

for all the stimulant users out there, what combo of downers do you use to crash into. after a fun time on speed, coke, xtc, or any other stimulant with a bad crash, is there a certain combo of drugs you use to fall back on. i know benzos are a must , but i find that benzos combined with a few other drugs REALLY erase the crash.

my usual "comedown killer" combo is:

45-60mg.- temazepam(i'm quite benzo tolerant)
2mg.- clonazepam(best anti-anxiety imo, long lasting)
20-30mg.- diazepam(long half life carries into next day;))
20-30mg.- oxycodone(really lifts mood, i'm a little opiate tolerant)
25mg.- hydroxyzine(opiate potientiator and relieves itching)
3 shots of whiskey or 3 beers(not too much)

and if i need to go to sleep add:

10-20mg.- zolpidem(ambien;effective, what i usually would use)
or
100-150mg.- quetiapine(seroquel; last resort, will ALWAYS K.O.)

*i don't always use the last two, only on esp. rough comedowns when i can fall asleep

well, thats what i use. what combos do you use on comedowns?

Yea if you have all that stuff just laying around, than it would be pretty sick indeed.

But realistically, I'd say some alprazolam (3mg), and cannabis. I would probably skip the ethanol though, it's good when you've got nothing else, but if you have benzos to spare its pointless. If I were on a stimulant, I probably wouldn't have eaten very much, and the alcohol might not agree with me. IMO benzos are all that are needed in practicality. With enough benzos you can easily "kill a comedown", the rest is just having fun lol

haldol, isn't that a potent antipsychotic thats worse than seroquel?

shit man, i wouldn't go near the older antipsychotics...

Anti-psychotics are about the only thing that can help me come down from stimulants (especially meth), besides opiates which I rarely use. Benzos don't do shit for me any more. I've been taking them daily for 7 years - even 100mg's of Valium doesn't seem to touch me.

I've only used anti-psychotics two or so times for a stimulant comedown, and what I took was seroquel. Does it help more with the psych. part or the physical part would you say?

Benzos or opiates

My favorite comedown cure would be a line of oscar[60-80mlgs].
Otherwise surprisingly,Suboxone[which is my usual and second fav] does wonders for me in terms of Amphetamine,X and Cocaine comedowns.
In terms of Benzodiazepines,2-3mlgs of Xanax or a good dose of maybe 30-50mlgs of Valium.

I USUALLY dislike speed,tho.Everytime I take adderall I say to myself hours later "why the hell did I take this i feel strungout and shitty".
But I still do have those once in a blue mooners where I feel like speeding.

Last edited:
I've only used anti-psychotics two or so times for a stimulant comedown, and what I took was seroquel. Does it help more with the psych. part or the physical part would you say?

It seems to help with both the psychological and physical aspects. The reason I like to use Seroquel to come down from meth/amphetamines is because it's a dopamine and serotonin antagonist, so it basically does the exact opposite of the stimulants. It also has a short half-life (6 hours, I think), so if I take it at night it will be mostly out of my system by the time I wake up the next morning. And of course, it will also stop paranoia and other psychotic symptoms much more effectively than other downers!

I've only taken benzos a few times for come downs and I remember being very glad I did, but yet I always find myself avoiding them for some reason...

Yea if you have all that stuff just laying around, than it would be pretty sick indeed.

But realistically, I'd say some alprazolam (3mg), and cannabis. I would probably skip the ethanol though, it's good when you've got nothing else, but if you have benzos to spare its pointless. If I were on a stimulant, I probably wouldn't have eaten very much, and the alcohol might not agree with me. IMO benzos are all that are needed in practicality. With enough benzos you can easily "kill a comedown", the rest is just having fun lol

i actually do have all of those drugs in pretty decent sized amounts(except seroquel, but i'm not too sad about that).

makes living on stimulants pretty easy. :D

It seems to help with both the psychological and physical aspects. The reason I like to use Seroquel to come down from meth/amphetamines is because it's a dopamine and serotonin antagonist, so it basically does the exact opposite of the stimulants. It also has a short half-life (6 hours, I think), so if I take it at night it will be mostly out of my system by the time I wake up the next morning. And of course, it will also stop paranoia and other psychotic symptoms much more effectively than other downers!

yeah i know what you're saying. after heavy binges on coke or meth, seroquel(along with benzos) is a must.

it will knock me out and stop the urge to do more and more and more...

i seroquel for more "hardcore" benders. if its just xtc or adderall benzos and opiates(and booze ;)) will get the job done.

seroquel is quite nice im not going to lie, i need to get a script, there doesnt seem to be one lying around the house anymore

seroquel is quite nice im not going to lie, i need to get a script, there doesnt seem to be one lying around the house anymore

by "nice" i hope you mean "nice that it knocks you out like hit from george forman after a heavy stimulant binge"...

seroquel alone isn't remotely recreational. yeah, its a sedative so it would "calm" one down but it does that in the most dirty, overkill sort of matter. its an antipsychotic for christ's sake, it kinda just makes your brain stop working.:|

it has no real recreational use beyond being a hardcore "knockout pill" is what i'm trying to say, and i'm sure most would agree...

by "nice" i hope you mean "nice that it knocks you out like hit from george forman after a heavy stimulant binge"...

seroquel alone isn't remotely recreational. yeah, its a sedative so it would "calm" one down but it does that in the most dirty, overkill sort of matter. its an antipsychotic for christ's sake, it kinda just makes your brain stop working.:|

it has no real recreational use beyond being a hardcore "knockout pill" is what i'm trying to say, and i'm sure most would agree...

Yeah, I agree with that. In extreme binges, when even Seroquel doesn't knock me out, I take 5-10mg's of Haldol. But that is even nastier than Seroquel in terms of side-effects, so I only use that for when tazer-wielding cops might be called to take me to hospital in four-point restraints (and yes, that has actually happened to me!) ;)

4,000 mgs gabapentin,6-8 mgs xanax with a huge glass of grapefruit juice to intensify the xanax...i get really stoned then take all my fucking mental meds so i won't wake up and become a tornado of emotions.then i lie down and smoke a clove and by them i am buzzing like a bee...and sleep simply seduces me.

the gaba xanax mix is great.I am prescribed high dosages of both and i do exceed the maximum dosage recommended for gaba. I am on 4 mgs a day xanax,i just save it on the day i know my brain is fried,when I am tweeked the fuck out and just double it that particular night. i don't want to send the message that someone who has never taken either of the idea think they can just eat them both like candy...that would not be good.but i am a different .i gotta get out the big guns,ya know?

that dose of xanax would knock a benzo naive person out pretty dam quick, Id venture to say even someone with some benzo experience could be looking at a blackout, esp with the GFJ.

i still say the right mix of benzos, a good dose of oxy, a sedative antihistamine, and a few shots or beers gets me where i want to be on a comedown.

i just hope the seroquel doesn't have to come out...

also, why do people say weed is good on comedowns? it just makes me more paraniod and dysphoric. even the indica strains, i don't see how weed is good, but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.