• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OXYCONTIN IS DONE!!!!if u abuse them find somethen new

I get roxis.. so this won't affect me but wouldn't roxi and oxy IR become the DOC?

I have already seen a huge rise in the amount of roxi available. 2 years ago it was like a fabled mystery drug.... Now more people can get roxi I think both legally and illegally than oxycontin (in the US atleast).

So the transition wont be hard, but most will miss being able to break have 80mg of oxy in 1 little green pill that can quickly be sniffed.

However, roxis go down very smooth, but you just have to break up more than 1 pill.

I have already seen a huge rise in the amount of roxi available. 2 years ago it was like a fabled mystery drug.... Now more people can get roxi I think both legally and illegally than oxycontin (in the US atleast).

So the transition wont be hard, but most will miss being able to break have 80mg of oxy in 1 little green pill that can quickly be sniffed.

However, roxis go down very smooth, but you just have to break up more than 1 pill.

I love my roxis..no complaints here.. no fucking with them .. no nothing.. its just amazing IR oxy! YAY Also the pain relief sets in super quick... There's not much for coating so it's kinda like BAM.

Nikolia the bioavailability from crushing and consuming the tablets is reduced as in you cannot bypass the time mechanism as well. I was talking purely from an abuse standpoint, I am sure the new ones are identical to the old ones when taken properly.

^nah, bioavailability is bioavailability. it's still going to have the same 80%+ oral bioavailability, it's just the matter of being able to utilise such a high percentage with the newer formulation;)

Yah, I mean, it makes no sense, oxycodone has the same bioavailibility no matter how its taken, abused or taken correctly, its oxycodone.

if they are making them the same as the generics the problem is once moisture hits it the pill gels up thus making it clump up in ones nose or gel up when put into water, its not that people cant crush it, its what moisture does to it

attachment.php

The "New Formula" when crushed picture looks exactly like the Malinckrodt (sp?) generic oxycodone tabs when you try to crush those.

The Malinckrodt generics have been using this exact same system for the last few years. They are a PAIN to grind with a grater. But I found that crushing them with something hard, and then parachuting the crushed pill got me WAY high. And I usually insufflate them.

I also noticed this article doesn't say anything about smoking the pills... I wonder if they are doing anything to combat that. I've never tried smoking the generics, haven't had them in a while.

If you want to see exactly what these new Purdue OC's are like, pick up some of these:
100_0068_0.jpg

Same thing, I'm almost positive.

Can you still chew them up?

They gel up and get stuck in your teeth and it's fucking GROSS. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Like I said, crush as much as you can, put into a paper towel, parachute. Best possible way to abuse orally with these new ones.

Also, someone else can shed more light on this, but there was a method for making them not gel up when they hit liquid by putting them in the microwave. From what I understand it's some kind of wax matrix woven into the pill that can be circumvented by microwaving the pills first

We've been hearing about Purdue reformulating Oxy for a long time now and it's never happened. I don't think OP's friend has the correct date, there are plenty of rumors going around, always have been always will be.

Also, this interesting quote from the slideshow:

The reformulated 10 -40 mg tablets would be available before the reformulated 60 and 80 mg tablets.

So it will still be a while until we see our 80's being made "abuse proof." most other forms of oxycodone have SOME sort of mechanism from the manufacturer that makes them harder to abuse. Purdue has done NOTHING about this, except talk about it, for YEARS. Why? Because they don't want to! Every time Oxycontin gets mentioned in the news, that is free advertising, every time a Doc prescribes OC (for a valid reason or not, Purdue doesn't care) they get paid. So why would Purdue want to make their drug abuse proof and lose half of their customers potentially? Ourdue does NOT mind how easily their product is abused. Shit, we can't even have more than 10mg of Hydrocodone in a pill in the US withouot it being accompanied with 375mg+ of APAP, but Purdue gets away with putting 80mg of OXYCODONE in a pill with NO other active ingredients?!

Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee
May 5, 2008
This presentation/article is two years old, and these new formulations are still not on the market.

Also the only things on Google having anything to do with Oxycontin and the date "July 1st" are this thread, and two others on Topix talking about the same thing. No official news, no reputable resources, nothing. With all the negative press that Oxy has been getting for killing people/getting people hooked, you better believe that Purdue is going to want to announce this ASAP to as many people as they can so that everyone will say, "Awww, how great of Purdue! Stop those stupid addicts in their tracks!" (No pun intended.)

Remember when Purdue was supposedly putting capsicum powder in OC tabs? To prevent them from being snorted or shot, but when taken orally, like you are supposed to, they would have no negative effects. I think the rumor was that was happening a year or two ago, and that still hasn't happened either.

I'll bet you an 80mg pill that we still have our normal green OC 80's by the end of this year.

Last edited:
so the price of oxy scripts will go way the hell up to pay for this abuse mechanism, people will all switch to generic OC pills or Roxy (Which as far as I can tell is not switching to there gay little formula) Purdue loses a fucking shit ton of money and goes, oops, that was a bad move.....

unless they (Purdue) somehow has a monopoly on the ER oxycodone business they can do whatever they want and people will pay less and get more.

Plus, I thought everyone realized OC was redicolously overpriced years and years ago.

I have heard that it is going to be a gel matrix similar to what is in the morphine sulfate extended release pills that Perdue is going to use with the Oxys. If so...have no fear with a little salt, water and maybe a bit of heat you can work it out and bang away to your heart's delight!

I'd be more worried about the Florida pain clinics going down than OC being reformulated.

Doubtful. It's all roxicodone that is given out down here, I don't think I have met a single person who goes to the candy stores that have gotten XR oxy. It's pretty much all roxi, 15mg and 30mg with like 240 (blue) 120 (green) pills in scripts.

First off they can't change the roxi... it's IR.. the fuckers are meant to hit fast.. so there's NOTHING that can be done about that...

My friends bf has no insurance he went to a FL pain clinic and got OC XR as well as some other shit. His back is so fucked up and he has no insurance he figured the huge script would last him a hot minute since he only takes medication "as needed".

don't waste time trying to peel the coating off: it will crumble instead of unearthing the oxy. they gel in spoons and in your nose (even though snorting them with any formula is a waste). please, don't mess up our roxicets!

does it affect the Mundi Pharma OCs in OZ?

we get the same looking ones but a different manufacturer and i havent heard anything yet, but it would seem like im the only one in my area who even goes onto the internet, let alone read about things like this. I remember when they discontinued the 20mg temazepam footballs that people were shooting up here and getting horrible abcessess, (abuse proof, theres your proof of what happens!) and some people were like "oh my god, how can i go on?"

But were a resourceful lot, and theres money to be made and addictions to be fed and those things combined mean there will always be a way. nothing to worry about!

don't waste time trying to peel the coating off: it will crumble instead of unearthing the oxy. they gel in spoons and in your nose (even though snorting them with any formula is a waste). please, don't mess up our roxicets!

It's not "roxicet" it's Roxicodone.. and I am not sure how they will "abuse proof" an instant release pill.

roxicodone is what i meant to say. roxicet is oxycodone and apap.
roxies are specifically formulated to be instant release, but i'm sure there's a way those assholes will figure out how to make them gel or something if you try to abuse it, kind of like the way they made vyvanse (only works if digested).

roxicodone is what i meant to say. roxicet is oxycodone and apap.
roxies are specifically formulated to be instant release, but i'm sure there's a way those assholes will figure out how to make them gel or something if you try to abuse it, kind of like the way they made vyvanse (only works if digested).

Once you've been on a fair amount of roxi for chronic pain... they don't get you fucked up at all.. Also "roxicodone" doesn't have a bad name right now its just Oxycontin we see on the news... My dr will write a ton of roxicodone but no Oxycontin.. She claims "Oxycontin" is too addictive.. I'd say IR pills are easier to "abuse". I think Roxi is safe for now..