• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

I guess my tolerance is higher than I thought. a 50mcg patch didn't even keep withdrawals from Oxycontin away. I felt pretty shitty all day yesterday, and even into this mornig, after having it on for 24+ hours.

Took it off and took some Oxy. feeling better

Will the new SANDOZ MATRIX STYLE PATCHES work BUCCALLY??? I know Mylan does but will the new SANDOZ. Please i need to know before i waste my money :(

^do you not bother reading replies.

this is the third time i'm telling you that yes they can be used bucally.

yea i know that, but you are one person. and i asked if they are the same as MYLAN

also im wondering if these sandoz will work better than the watson gel, i heard sandoz is 16mg now so im assuming they are stronger

Last edited by a moderator:
use the damn search engine then instead of quadruple posting. edit your original post.

you've come on here before making some ridiculous claims which we don't appreciate so get your ass into gear, read the rules and know what the hell is going on in here.

you're obviously using the wrong keywords. and i'm going to ask again to edit your posts instead od making a new post right after it. it's annoying and not necessary.

give me a moment and i'll pull up some threads. there;s many peoples opinions on them and they're all going to say as i've pointed out.

they fucking work sublingually. there's also an extraction method to seperate the gel from the matrix leaving you with pure fentanyl.

Sandoz Fentanyl Patch VS Mylan Fentanyl Patch (Eating, Smoking Questions)

Sandoz Fentanyl Transdermal System Question...

Last edited by a moderator:
ok man im sorry. i was told they werent like the mylan ones. also do u know if they contain 16mg of fent like the durogesic since they are same company

depending what size patches determines the amount of fent in them. it's easy enough to check out the sandoz website to figure the amount in each sized patches. google is your friend.

and fentanyl is fentanyl, not one patch is going to be "stronger" than the next. the larger patches just contain larger contents of the active drug. the larger patches deliver more fentanyl per hour, which is what i think you mean by stronger.

well i know since Durogesic switched to Matrix, they added 6MG of Fent to their patches to make sure patients were getting pain relief. Was wondering if Sandoz did that. On Durgoesic box it says Fentanyl Content: 16.8MG as opposed to the normal 10MG. Mine are 100MCG

Fentanyl Gel Patches 50mcg/h----are they working?

Hi there,

I just received some 50 mcg/h fentanyl gel patches, and although I've tried a lot of different searches, I haven't found the answers to a couple of questions of mine.

1. I think I have a high tolerance, I was on 120mg of Oxcontin prior to being prescribed these patches a day ago. I put the patch on about 25 hours ago---why am I not feeling anything? Is my dose too low? My doctor said that we could go up to 75 mcg/h if I feel the dose is too low after trying two patches....what should I be feeling to know whether or not it's working?

2. These gel reservoirs---people have discussed smoking the gel or rubbing it in their mouths, but I'm wondering what happens if you open the reservoir, and only take a little bit out---does the rest of the gel dry up and become unusable, or is there a way to save it?

3. Is it possible that the fentanyl simply isn't in my system yet and that's why I'm not feeling it? I discussed with two doctors how long it would take to get in my system, one said a day and the other three days--so, since it has been one day and I'm not feeling anything, is it possible that I will in the days to come, or is it just that I will probably not feel anything at all?

I hope those questions were straightforward enough. Basically, I'm using them for chronic pain management but am frustrated as to whether or not they're going to work. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you!

i had the same problem at first. But you will learn to love your fent. Promise. lol don't do any oxy for a few days (if you have some that is) and you'll be able to feel it once the oxy isn't in your system any more. That's my experience.

Once you open it you need to put it in a sealed container to keep it from losing its potency, which happens FAST if you aren't careful with it.

I don't think you should do that with gel patches though. I had the gel ones at first, and I prefer the other ones cause you know what your getting when you cut a piece of the patch off. I tried everything with them, and what I've found is that you may get a blob that has no fent in it, and you may get a blob with the entire patch's fent in it. Its not evenly distributed through the gel, which is why people keep dying from them. gel patches.

so whatever you do, please do so with caution. good luck, and remember, once the oxy is out you'll be able to feel the fent, well at least that's what happened with me.

Thank you, that's very helpful---I've been taking oxycodone for the breakthrough pain to help transition me from the oxycontin---do I need to stop taking that too in order to feel the fentanyl? I'm not taking 120mg of it, more like 30-50mg.

What does the fentanyl feel lik, if you don't mind me asking? Is it akin to the feeling you get from oxy, or is it different? I just worry that maybe I'm not wearing it correctly or something and want to know what to look for.

Thanks for the reply, and anymore help you can give!

A Fentanyl high is way better than an oxy high. Due to your oxy tolerance you most likely won't get a good buzz by wearing the patch. Just cut the patch in strips, put them under your tongue/chew them, and work your way up to where you want to be.

I prefer smoking them though. Just cut off a small portion on the corner of the patch and squeeze some gel out on your foil/pipe (start off small). Once you're ready to preserve it, just tape it back in the pack.
Be careful though, alot of people have OD'd from smoking just a small blob, but all of that really depends on the persons tolerance and overall body. ( I'm 5'11/145 lbs with a daily lortab tolerance, and i can smoke numerous blobs back to back without a problem =/)

To your 2nd post, a chewing high is like a stimulated but nodding/very relaxing feeling to me, and it lasts long

Smoking it (if you do it right), gives a euphoric head rush followed by an intense nod.

Thank you for that info---do you think if I go up to the 75mcg/h patch I'll get a buzz? What about the 100mcg/hr? My doctor isn't sure how to dose me yet.

You're supposed to cut the gel into strips? Won't the gel ooze out?

don't cut the gel ones into strips. This should only be done with the flat mylan gel-less strips. There's nothing better than a three-day vacation on a 100mcg patch or cutting the mylans and placing a 25mcg strip between your cheek and gum. Fent is my favorite drug period. Your dose might not be high enough for recreational usage, however I do advise against titrating your dose before contacting a doctor. I realize you have a tolerance, but fentanyl is VERY strong and can kill you with little warning if you're not careful. Fent can be subtle at first, but you'll know when it's wearing off.

Hi there,

I just received some 50 mcg/h fentanyl gel patches, and although I've tried a lot of different searches, I haven't found the answers to a couple of questions of mine.

1. I think I have a high tolerance, I was on 120mg of Oxcontin prior to being prescribed these patches a day ago. I put the patch on about 25 hours ago---why am I not feeling anything? Is my dose too low? My doctor said that we could go up to 75 mcg/h if I feel the dose is too low after trying two patches....what should I be feeling to know whether or not it's working?

your pain should be dissipating? don't expect to get high on a dose that stabilises you, it doesn't work like that. it sounds like you're treading in uncharted waters - be extremely careful - fentanyl isn't a drug that should be picked up with little to no knowledge, slapping a few patches on to get high. that's how people die of overdosing. i'm sure you read those kind of posts when you searched right?

2. These gel reservoirs---people have discussed smoking the gel or rubbing it in their mouths, but I'm wondering what happens if you open the reservoir, and only take a little bit out---does the rest of the gel dry up and become unusable, or is there a way to save it?

if the patch is left cut open out in the air then yes it's going to dry up after a period of time. you can counter act it to some degree by storing it in the fridge (wrapped) in something air tight.

3. Is it possible that the fentanyl simply isn't in my system yet and that's why I'm not feeling it? I discussed with two doctors how long it would take to get in my system, one said a day and the other three days--so, since it has been one day and I'm not feeling anything, is it possible that I will in the days to come, or is it just that I will probably not feel anything at all?

well the fentanyl starts entering your system straight away through your skin (transdermally) though generally takes anywhere between 12-24 hours to reach peak plasma levels. again, if you're taking them for pain you shouldn't be high.

i'll save you the lecture but tread carefully please. you're only going to blow your tolerance through the roof abusing fentanyl.

I hope those questions were straightforward enough. Basically, I'm using them for chronic pain management but am frustrated as to whether or not they're going to work. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you!

is your pain subsiding or are you just chasing a high? i'm confused. you haven't mentioned if your pain level is manageable yet you're alluding to, imo, getting high from the fentanyl.

I thought I replied to this, but it looks like I haven't, so I'll re-type the gist of what I was saying:

I'm not chasing a high, and do not want to abuse this drug because it seems very scary. I want to know if it's working correctly, or if I need to go up to the next level. My doctor is leaving the decision up to me, but as I am inexperienced with this I'm not sure whether I'm getting enough of the drug or not. I'm still having pain, so I'm still taking oxycodone on top of it---this is where it gets confusing....

I know the oxycodone is working when I get a pleasant little buzz and the pain subsides. I'm not getting any buzz with this 50mcg/h patch and I have now had it on for 48 hours. I'm still having pain.

My doctor told me it would take an entire patch to reach blood levels that would be equivalent to the 120mg of oxycontin I was taking, and then to wait a second patch to see if it worked to relieve my pain. I'm anxious because I have felt no effects that I can distinguish whatsoever, and am wondering if I should move up to the 75mcg/hr more quickly than I had planned....my doctor doesn't usually subsrcibe narcotics, so she doesn't really know how to dose this or how to transition me from the oxycontin to the fentanyl, which is why I'm looking for help here.

I use the high as a baseline, I guess, for understanding that my drugs are working. Sure, it's a nice feeling---but it's not what I'm doing this for. I just want to know it's working. Maybe I have it on wrong.

Could it be possible that I won't feel anything until my second patch, when my doctor assumes my blood levels will be normal? Or is it more likely that I will not be getting any sort of feeling or release from this dose?

I would love some advice on whether or not to skip the second patch of the 50mcg/h and go straight to the 75mcg/h to manage my pain. I'm not looking forward to another three days of breakthrough pain.

Is it possible that this drug is working without giving me a high, but that it's simply not a high enough dose to do either (work or get me high)?

Sorry if this is unclear, I obviously don't know what I'm talking about in regard to these patches.

Thanks for any help!

i'm assuming the dose you're using isn't enough. are you using a 12mcg/hr patch or 25mcg/hr patch at the moment? i wouldn't advise jumping from a low dose straight up to 75mcg/hr, that's how OD's happen. also follow your doctors instructions, only increasing your dose when they give you the go ahead.

Is it possible that this drug is working without giving me a high, but that it's simply not a high enough dose to do either (work or get me high)?

of course it's possible and the fentanyl will be coursing through your body, from the way you've described things the dose isn't high enough to control your pain. as i said you shouldn't be high 24/7 when you're on PM.