• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Beer Snobs Unite! 100+ IBU or GTFO

i generally drink Bud Light. the funny thing is, i can't stand plain Budwieser. however my favorites include: anything by the Berkshire Brewing Company, Bass, Guinnes(tap preferably), Molsen Ice, Corona, Fosters, and Rolling Rock.

beck's and heineken if available. dos equis amber is nice too, but also rare.

Killian's all the way

Samuel Adams is pretty good (as a second choice), but not nearly close to Killian's quality

favorite beer = sleeman's

but it's not available in columbus so i stick to:

guinness
carlsburg
dos equis
modelo negra
warsteiner
moosehead
rolling rock (if i'm drinking straight vodka- good chaser)

i heard that out west you can get unpastuerized coors/coors light, and that it is far better than the pasteurized crap we get out here... i really don't like american brews but if push comes to shove a pitcher of beer is a pitcher of beer. i just can't understand that for being a beer-swilling country such as ours we can't master the art of beer-making.

^^^ we have we just export the good stuff :) I've had the bud they seel overseas it's a very diffrent beer, it's actually got flavor.

Not really a beer drinker but I like stella, Killkenny and Guinness and the beer from a local brewery called ferals.

I'm a fan of stella because when my mates and I are drunk we go round screaming "stella STEL-LA!" at the top of our lungs like that production street car named desire (I think- u guys might remember it from the simpsons) :)

Ohh Geez, I love them all. I'll drink anything in front of me but I like

1. Bells
2. Sierra Nevada
3. Fat Tire (I can only get this at shows)
4. Hawks Eye
5. Blue Moon
6. Honey Weiss

1. Sleeman's Honey Brown Lager
2. Grolsch Lager
3. Tuborg Gold

My Top 3!

Magic Hat Brewing Company makes the most excellent beer - unfortunately it is available primarily in New England. So, I've been picking up cases of Murphy's Stout pint cans lately and absolutely love them. Oh to be back in the UK and drinking some real beer.

corona=piss water with no flavor

most american macro-brews are horrid

sierra nevada, rogue, and dogfish head are undoubtably the best

brothermarcus said:
i heard that out west you can get unpastuerized coors/coors light, and that it is far better than the pasteurized crap we get out here... i really don't like american brews but if push comes to shove a pitcher of beer is a pitcher of beer. i just can't understand that for being a beer-swilling country such as ours we can't master the art of beer-making.

Mastering the art of brewing takes time and money. It was easier to just master the science.

Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and Newcastle are probably my favorites, although I can't buy Fat Tire around where I live. As far as the cheap stuff goes, Bud Light isn't too bad.

They should've named it 'Spare Tire'. ;)

I'm a Newcastle fan myself.

I've only been drinking and enjoying beer for a year or so. I used to hate it but I started liking it the more I drank. My favorites are...
Miller Lite
Miller High Life
Budweiser
Bud Light
and
Wachusett Blueberry Ale (I'm not sure if this one is available outside the northeast US)

A beer snob I am not. :|

heineken is definately my favorite "generic" import beer, most places have it and for some reason it doesn't give me a headache like most alcohol does these days. i think it might be low in sugar.

my favorite beer overall is a strong ale ( 9% ) from Unibroue in Quebec called La Fin Du Monde (the end of the world). it's bottom fermented and really rich and dark and crazy strong. very nice to have with an omelette on a nice sunday morning. ;)

Unibroue also makes a decent white beer (like hoegaarden almost but i don't think it uses cilantro) called Blanche du Chambly.