• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Beer Snobs Unite! 100+ IBU or GTFO

mmmm that La Fin Du Monde sounds good. I'll have to go look for it. *mouth watering*

La Fin Du Monde is excellent! We have a pub in my area that has a "Mug Club," which is as follows: they have a list of 60 beers and when you finish all 60, you get a pewter mug with an engraving of your choice/creation. The list is populated with tons of US microbrews and imported beers, which has given me a decent taste of a range of beers. That being said, La Fin Du Monde is definitely one of my faves as is Delirium Tremens. Xingu from Brazil (tried it last night) is also quite tasty - very dark, but kind of sweet.

EDIT: This is kind of inverting the topic, but I feel it is worth a mention. On the mug club list described above, they have a beer called Rauchebier. "Raucher" in German means "to smoke" and this is exactly what it is - it tastes like smoked ham. Honestly. The stuff tastes like you are drinking a slab of pork. Should you ever have the possibility of trying a rauchebeer, DON'T!

Last edited:
i also like seirra nevada, both the pale ale and the porter.
but i usually just go with heineken.
sam adams cherry wheat is good for something different.
becks
guiness.

Just "cheerleader beer" for me: Smirnoff Ice and the like.

I'll drink regular beer, if there's nothing else, but I have no preference.

I drink quite a bit of beer and I've never heard of half these brands. I think I need to expand my horizons... tonight!

I usually drink.

Miller Genuine Draft
Budweiser
Labatt Genuine Draft

I don't mind Corona and I can stomach a Canadian, but I absolutely hate Labatt Blue.

It really fuckin puzzeling why people list american macro-brews as their favorite. I'm guessing ya'll either haven't tried many beers or you don't know anything about beer. Oh yeah, and drinking beer to get drunk seems foolish to me.

^^ Agreed on the macro-brews. Even "imported" macro-brews (like Corona) surprises me. Last year, at the bar I work at, we used to have a special on Saturdays of $5 Sierra Nevada pitchers and $5 Miller Lite pitchers. I was always amazed that people would order the Miller Lite. Another thing that dumbfounds me is the current fad of ultra low carbohydrate beer, i.e. Michelob Ultra and Rock Green Lite. How the hell can people drink this crap? It takes forever to work up a buzz on it and it tastes like water.

^^i cant believe people actually drink that low carb bullshit. ive never had it, and i dont think im ever gonna try it.

i really like guinness. its so damn good. i also really liked carlsburg, but ive only had it once, since i cant get it around here.

Sam Adams Boston Lager and Winter Lager

Gordon Biersch Marzen

Heineken (really the only light coloured beer I like)

Newcastle Brown

Dark, sweet, German beers

Flavorites:

-Pretty much anything by Unibroue
-Anchor Steam Beer and Liberty Ale
-St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout and St. Ambroise Pale Ale
-Maybe Guinness Extra Stout (though I haven't tried it yet, but I hear it tastes more like an actual stout than the Draught version)
-Creemore Springs urBock and Premium Lager
-Chimay
-Duvel
-Fuller's London Porter
-McEwan's Scotch Ale
-Smithwicks tastes pretty nice
-St. Peter's Organic Ale is quite alright too, not the best taste ever but quite good
-Salvator
-Hoegaarden white now and then

That's all I can really think of right now. Maybe one day brands like Stone and Rogue and Alesmith will be readily available here in Ontario, Canada - or maybe they are and I haven't yet found them. Too bad that most bars really nearby to me don't have a lot of the beers I actually enjoy the taste of on tap, or even bottled for that matter. Ah well, there's at least a bit, and for an occasional night out I settle for the better of the crappier tasting.

edit: that should say tap, not tab. =D

i haven't had that many, but here are my favs:

1) tucher
2) guinness
3) sam adams

some older dude was talking about the house of 10,000 beers place in germany...sounded pretty crazy. open 6am-4am or something each day, and it's just closed for 2 hrs for clean-up. gonna have to make it there sometime in the [hopefully near] future.

Mmmmm.... beer...

Wasn't it Homer Simpson that said... "There's nothing like a warm beer on a cold christmas morning"

Personal Favorites are:

Bass Ale
Guiness

Black & Tan (Bass & Guiness)...

Generally, if it's a dark beer, hmm...

Now, dark rich get you fucked up quick beer don't work well for NASCAR races when I'll put down 30+ brews in a day... Granted, bass is like 4.4?% alcohol and Budweiser is 4.9, 1 12oz bass is like 2 12oz budweisers... Have no clue why.. and If I REALLY wanna get torn up at NASCAR I bust out with the "Natural Ice"... Why??? That is the ONLY domestic american beer that sports 5.9% alcohol, and it tastes better than some (mickeys, Old E', Schlitz so on).

JOKE:

whats has american beer got to do with sex on the beach??

they are both fuckin' close to water

PEACE