• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-methyl-2-butanol (2M2B) "Vodka"

the thing about ghb too though is that the dose response curve is very different from ethanol and alot of other downers. So even diluting it may not make much of a difference.

It's almost the same as with alcohol, I have no data but erowid states this as well. Pure alcohol is fairly dangerous stuff.

The tertiary alcohol can't be metabolized into a toxic aledhyde. That's a plus. Also, I remember a study being linked to saying that 2M2B is excreted as the gluconidrate. Liver damage is still possible, tho.

id say thats a major improvement over ethanol!
il tell my labrats to take a sip and get some feeling of the substane

any experience reports on this yet? am very curious... would this compound be as much of a depressant as alcohol or possibly more euphoric, like GHB?

Yeah, there's one floating around the forum. You can find it really quickly with a search.

Ludovico, When you signed up here you agreed to not use this site to solicit any substances, legal or otherwise. Please stop with your requests if would like to continue to participate here.

It's relatively cheap and available in it's pure form from a reputable retainer. Pm me and if I recognize your handle I can elaborate.

One thing I wonder about this one... since it (presumably) doesn't convert to acetaldehyde, can we consider it hangover-free so long as one remains hydrated?

Based on 3 experiences with it, I'd say it's completely devoid of any physical hangover. That being said, it left me with a massive brain fog lasting 1-3 days after using it... felt a lot like a "benzo" type mental cloudiness, desire to sleep, fuzzy memory recall, etc.

These side effects most resemble a benzo's to you? Not like a barb or like ketamine or GHB, or even (blech) nutmeg?

Not vile tasting chems - I used to ingest GBL by diluting it and squirting it where the sun don't shine

^ You think that method would work for 2m2b? Or is it too much of an irritant like ethanol?

Is the carbamate a salt or ester or whatever you chemists call it :D?

Alcohols that are volatile are too irritating.
Dilution is a must. Even beer can irritate the lining over time. With this, a very small amount could spell disaster really fast.

^ You think that method would work for 2m2b? Or is it too much of an irritant like ethanol?

Is the carbamate a salt or ester or whatever you chemists call it :D?
Of course if you dilute it enough, although that might need diluting to the volume of an Olympic sized swimming pool (that'll take longer than a couple of minutes and will look all unsightly in short time, what with all the gastric extension pain and anal leakage leaving damp pathches for everyone to see). Of course once you get it all up you wont give a fuck because you'll be in this semi delerious, barely concious state and give not a jot about problems that require towels with wings (or even nappies in the saddest cases)

Oh a carbamate would be an ester of carbamic acid (a sort of urea wannabe that in the free state quickly reverts to cabon dioxide, ammonia and water). It is a much beloved trick of megapharmacorp type companies for turning ethanol like analogues into nice powdery drugs they can press into tablets and become the jones of many a housewife and nervous fellow. Meprobamate, carisoprodol et al are serious drugs of abuse - a halfway house between the comfey safety of benzos & the dead rock staresque realm of the barbiturates

You have a hilarious way with words F&B, and maybe, just maybe a pretty fucking twisted sense of humour.

Do you have any info on SAR of carbamates? what does it take to produce one that has GABAergic effects?

Just get a hypnotic alcohol, say a synthetic abricadabra (like the magic circle, we can't talk about how it's done) and you have a carbamic acid ester that breaks down into the said alcohol in vivo. Almost like a prodrug form

Probably could do it with ethanol (or even methanol for people that have really pissed you off in the past!)

You have a hilarious way with words F&B, and maybe, just maybe a pretty fucking twisted sense of humour.

No just a pathetically inadequate sense of moderation once alcohol and stimulants get involved. A veritable verbal cholera (oh no, the dread peevee alliteration syndrome is starting...)

Last edited: