• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best form of Kratom: Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lando138

Bluelighter
As usual i've searched the forums and haven't come up with much about this except scattered responses, mostly how to use it for withdrawals. Also tried google but most sites are trying to sell you stuff so of course whatever they have is the best.

I've been interested in trying kratom for a while now. I've read about it here on bluelight as well as other sites. Problem is there are SO many different forms/preparations and I don't know where to begin.

In your experience, what is the best form? Leaves, powder, extracts, resin, and then some of those come in capsules i see. I'm really interested in trying the capsules as that seems to be the easiest way to measure out a dose (I don't have a scale). Not to mention then i wouldn't have to deal with the notorious bad taste.

So if anyone has any experiences with multiple forms/preparations of kratom please shed some light on the topic. I'm just looking to get a better idea of how to go about this.

P.S. Not sure if this belongs here or in Other Drugs, so feel free to move it. Also, i have a decent tolerance to oxycontin (about 80mg's to get where i want to be at). Will kratom even have an effect at this point?

Due to your tolerance I would advise against capsules.

An extract might be more up your alley, in terms of strength.
I think what you need is a larger dose, and a faster onset.

I agree with Jay on the capsules. I used both capsules and powder, and it was night and day for me. I had great results with enhanced versions, especially bali. This really gave me the euphoria like hydrocodone. The enhanced thai was exactly like a stimulant, keeping me awake all night long, and also had the euphoria, though it was a speedy euphoria.

You bring up a good point edgewise, i forgot about all the different species.

If it helps i'm looking for mostly sedating, euphoric experience. So maybe someone could point me in the direction of a specific species? Also, is it against the rules to post a good website? Theres a lot out there but hard to find one that looks.. well i don't want to say legit, but like a good source.

Thanks for the replies i appreciate it.

You bring up a good point edgewise, i forgot about all the different species.

If it helps i'm looking for mostly sedating, euphoric experience. So maybe someone could point me in the direction of a specific species? Also, is it against the rules to post a good website? Theres a lot out there but hard to find one that looks.. well i don't want to say legit, but like a good source.

Thanks for the replies i appreciate it.

Sourcing is verbotten on BL. I thought that the Bali strain gave me great euphoria, and was more sedating than the thai. There is one blend I cannot think of right at the moment......seems like it starts with an E, but not entirely sure. Also, the enhanced powders, while more expensive, give the best results.

I just went to a web site I used for kratom to check the name on the one I could not remember and I had the right sound, but the wrong letter! Instead of an E it was an I, and that stands for Indo kratom. It was this type that gave me the most euphoria as I used Super Indo powder. I did use the Premium Commercial Bali also. I had used this a couple years ago to wean off tram for a month and the PC Bali was cheaper by the ounce, and while it did not give me the same degree of euphoria as the Indo did, it was plenty strong to take away the tramadol wd's.

Thanks for the tips. After much research and consideration i decided to go with a sample pack kinda thing. I'll post back with what i find out.

I have recently been into Kratom, so I'll offer the bit of advise I have learned so far. I have tried two types of Kratom, an Ultra Thai, and a Bali. The Ultra Thai was very stimulating with an intense euphoria. I liked it alot for class and for getting stuff done around the house. The bali was also good, but as intense or as stimulating, but good still. Very good for a legal product.

My problem with taking kratom is not the taste, but the texture. The taste is easily masked with some honey, and some coffee flavoring. But even the finest powder never dissolves in water, it just mixes, and then he have to drink it. It stays gritty, and tickles my throat on the way down. So beware.

I've been reading a lot about how it can be stimulating. Like how so? I have had some issues with anxiety so i'm somewhat concerned in that respect. Or is it more like drinking a bunch of coffee?

No, it's an opiate stimulation.
You should be very familiar with it if you took oxy at 80mgs anytime.

I had some effects with the enhanced Indonesian type, but that was when my opiate tolerance was down. Now kratom has no effect on me.

I agree with Jay on the capsules. I used both capsules and powder, and it was night and day for me. I had great results with enhanced versions, especially bali. This really gave me the euphoria like hydrocodone. The enhanced thai was exactly like a stimulant, keeping me awake all night long, and also had the euphoria, though it was a speedy euphoria.

Bali kratom enhanced with full-spectrum 8% extract was always my favorite. Just as edgewise1 says, it provides a nice mood lift and is accompanied by a pleasant body buzz. Enhanced bali also tends to be cheaper than other kratom. I only need 2 to 3g of the stuff on an empty stomach to enjoy myself.

I have tried many other forms of kratom and bali has always been my favorite. The only way you will figure out which ones you like is to try them for yourself. I have friends who love Thai kratom or Malaysian and I don't like them; I prefer bali :)

Does anybody know how kratom works? Does it trigger the opiate receptors or is it a completely different, yet similar in effects? Can you overdose the same way that you could with opiates or would you just get sick?

I apologize for all the questions i'm just very intrigued by this stuff and want to know what i'm getting into before i take it.

Does anybody know how kratom works? Does it trigger the opiate receptors or is it a completely different, yet similar in effects? Can you overdose the same way that you could with opiates or would you just get sick?

I apologize for all the questions i'm just very intrigued by this stuff and want to know what i'm getting into before i take it.

General information with links to other topics: http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom.shtml

Linked on above page, but this details the specifics of the alkaloids contained within kratom: http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom_journal2.shtml

I personally like the micronized bali (non-enhanced) the best. I just put some in capsules and get a nice little stimulation, or ward off w/d depending on the particular time of my life. I have tried the enhanced/ extracts and got the same effects at a smaller dose, and also found that I could get exactly the same amount of effects from whichever type (enhanced, extract or not) before my stomach started to hurt. Therefore, I just stick with the micronized, unenhanced bali as it is cheap and effective, and put it into capsules which are also cheap and effective.

Oh, it can be very lovely, I have given Kratom a very fair shot.

I tried multiple times with the full leafs...if i could get it down without gagging and not throw it up then it was a great relaxing experience. The problem is afterwards. The third time I experiemented with the leaves I used capsules....everything went great but afterwards I had extremely sharp pain, it was an ulcer. Prilosec fixed it but man, that pain was horrible.

I decided to try an extract with liquid....maybe if my stomach was processing less material it wouldn't get harmed. It was a great experience, just like the times before....but again my stomach did not like it. For some reason Kratom is the only substance that does this to me.

I would love to do Kratom again, to be really relaxed and experience the nodding in and out and gaining a larger appreciation for music, but it's just not good for me. I think everyone has to give it multiple tries and then see if it is the right drug for them. I love Kratom but I hate ulcers even more, and value my health :).

Status
Not open for further replies.