• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Tapering Plan Mega thread - community project

Why not invest in some kratom if you want to slowly taper off. It's definitely a lot cheaper than oc and it WORKS. I personally would just cold turkey it completely. Just carefully plan this and stick to it. Accept that it will suck a little, but not as bad as it could be if you prolonged this. Try this. Plan 3 days for recovery. The day of your last dosage, life some weights and lift a lot, not to the point where you will hurt yourself, but you want your body to be SORE the next day. Work out your chest, bicepts and tricepts, and maby your abs. The next day when you wake up, you WILL BE SORE from yesterdays workout. Skip your OC and DO NOT redose again. You will slowly go into withdrawl and you will be sore from the day before which will blend in with the aches/weakness from the oncoming withdrawl. I find that this affects you mentally and physically in a way that makes the whole withdraw process smoother. Instead of feeling like you NEED the OC to make it go away, you accept the fact that your muscles are rebuilding and will be sore regaurdless of what you do now. This should make things a little easier for you, but you need to do this soon because the withdrawls will get worst the longer you prolong this. I hope this helps you. I've only had minor withdrawls from a 14 day binge that resulted in aches and weakness. I tried the workout thing on my own and it worked GREAT. It's very mental. Just think about how your muscles are rebuilding and you are becoming stronger. The fact is you WILL feel better in a few days. Good luck :)

I think the depression will be the hardest part about your particular wd. A month isn't too long a time but you'll get some physical wd that will be over in a few days. The depression, however, might last like a week beyond that...more or less.

If you can get some good pot (assuming you like pot), I might do a short taper and then utilize hot showers and weed to get you through.

you'll be ok though- you haven't fucked yourself too bad here.

OK. Ive got myself in some trouble. I've been snorting ONE 80mg oxycontin a day for a month. Ill wake up, snort 30mg, six hours later do another 30mg, then 4 hours later do another 20mg. Ive basically been doing that 20 days STRAIGHT. When I wake up in the morning, i feel like SHIT, major headache, dry mouth etc... so i drink a ton of water, rip some oxy, then i feel amazing/fine again. I want to STOP doing this shit. Is it possible to just do a little bit less every day, for a week, and completely stop? I know mentally I can do it, but will that actually work? or will i still go through like a 2 week withdrawal. I can just do like 80mg tomorrow, 70, the next day, 60 the day after.. all the way down to 0. has anyone done that and did it work? or after the 3rd or 4th day when i'm "only" doing 20mg, will i just be like AHHHH.... I want to get off this stuff as safely as possible, and not do it again. (I CAN just go cold turkey, i mean i dont HAVE to do it, but i feel awful in the morning and once I do oxy i feel fine, so i'm worried it will just be SUPER SUPER bad. Will it work out fine to just cut it down slowly and stop, and i'll minimize the damage? thanks.

As far as your ultimate safety - opiate w/d is not life threatening, and people form habits worse than an 80 a day (not making light of your w/d, it sucks) You'll feel like you have a strong flu as for symptoms (except people die from the flu, you wont die from this), and combine that flu with finding out your fiancee has been cheating on you (depression, anger, anxiety). An easy medication to get from the doctor is clonidine - it will calm your hypertension which will greatly help ease w/d symptoms.

get some good weed, quit cold turkey and just hold on for dear life for a couple days, youll be fine. i dont know anybody that can taper.

As far as your ultimate safety - opiate w/d is not life threatening, and people form habits worse than an 80 a day (not making light of your w/d, it sucks) You'll feel like you have a strong flu as for symptoms (except people die from the flu, you wont die from this), and combine that flu with finding out your fiancee has been cheating on you (depression, anger, anxiety).

pretty good description of light - mod wd. i'd add to this a feeling like you're hooked up to a low electical current - a really annoying ants int the pants feeling causing you to not be able to sit still even though you are sooooo tired.

i'm always amazed that people (especially on bl) recommed pot. be carefull. for me, this is the single worst thing - might really exacerbate the pain dramatically.

good luck. remember, you've got a pretty mild habbit at 80mg x 20days. There will be many folks out there in the world in worse wd than you. But that doesn't really help, i know, unless you're prone to serious shladenfreud (or however you spell that). one thing that did help me kind of is the "Wave Theory" posted to another site by a guy named gizmo. basically, you're pain will come in waves and it helps to know that. it helped me when i was shaking and holding on for life to know that some relief is around the corner, however slight. maybe a mind trick, could work in a variety of ways, but it did help. again good luck. try to learn a lesson.

cold turkey deal with living in hell you did it two yourself what i did 2 weeks clean take kpins and Valium if you have to

As far as your ultimate safety - opiate w/d is not life threatening, and people form habits worse than an 80 a day (not making light of your w/d, it sucks) You'll feel like you have a strong flu as for symptoms (except people die from the flu, you wont die from this), and combine that flu with finding out your fiancee has been cheating on you (depression, anger, anxiety).

pretty good description of light - mod wd. i'd add to this a feeling like you're hooked up to a low electical current - a really annoying ants int the pants feeling causing you to not be able to sit still even though you are sooooo tired.

i'm always amazed that people (especially on bl) recommed pot. be carefull. for me, this is the single worst thing - might really exacerbate the pain dramatically.

good luck. remember, you've got a pretty mild habbit at 80mg x 20days. There will be many folks out there in the world in worse wd than you. But that doesn't really help, i know, unless you're prone to serious shladenfreud (or however you spell that). one thing that did help me kind of is the "Wave Theory" posted to another site by a guy named gizmo. basically, you're pain will come in waves and it helps to know that. it helped me when i was shaking and holding on for life to know that some relief is around the corner, however slight. maybe a mind trick, could work in a variety of ways, but it did help. again good luck. try to learn a lesson.

Thank you - I also agree bout the bud - sometimes it helps, sometimes it can make you nervous

Great thread Idea Lefty

well put together

on behalf of BL and more specifically BL opioid users thank you for the time and effort you put into this

IF someone were to create a "Tapering Table" covering several of the most popularly prescribed benzodiazapines - and their taper guide was packed with great information, and resources; I'd say that person deserves to be a mod.

You can find great tips on how to get off anything and everything.

But particularly with benzos and alcohol, people kinda back away, I think some people in this forum could greatly benefit from such a "tapering table" It should also be reviewed by moderators so they can give their input - creating bluelight's very own original titration suggestion. Of course it would be pointed out that doctor vists (repeated) throughout the process are essential, taking pressure off bluelight mods, and at the same time letting them help with something that I'm sure many on these boards would check out. It would essentially be a "practical way to consider titrating off of benzodiazapines" noting that it is still impertinent that the person sees his or her doctor, but at the same time, gives the patient some freedom, knowing they could refer to such a guide.

Last edited:
Suboxone for PPT Addiction?

I'm addicted to poppy pods and I feel like the only way I can successfully quit is by getting on Suboxone. My oral poppy doses (I eat the straw, and sometimes make the tea) are between 3 and 12 large pods (depending if I want to be just functional, or if I want to nod out hard). I've been using pods daily since early September / late August (5 months ago almost).

Do you guys think a Suboxone taper is the best way to go to cure my poppy pod habit? I have so much trouble dealing with w/d, ignoring the cravings, just simply not using. However, I really really want to stop.

I have been on 50mg of Valium per day for the past two years. It works great for me because of my severe anxiety and generalized anxiety. Recently, I lost a family member and have been having a rough time with it. For the past week I have been taking more than the 50mg daily. I have been taking between 70 and 90mg daily. It has helped me get by, but now I want to continue on the 50mg. IF i just take 50mg from now on, will I feel any withdrawal symptoms due to me taking more this past week? I know Valium has a long half life, I'm hoping that is what's going to keep me feeling fine when I go back to the 50mg daily. What does everyone else think?? Sorry for the long rant, it's been a really tough week for me. Thanks in advance!

I think if you go from 70-90mg of diazepam to 50mg of diazepam, you may not be 100% comfortable, but you'll be OK I am sure.

If you get 10mg pills, take one as needed to stave off the WD's. Try to see if you can save even more pills up for the days you really need to take more. This way the medicine should retain its effectiveness longer.

When used in high doses, benzodiazepines can quickly become useless.

I'm addicted to poppy pods and I feel like the only way I can successfully quit is by getting on Suboxone. My oral poppy doses (I eat the straw, and sometimes make the tea) are between 3 and 12 large pods (depending if I want to be just functional, or if I want to nod out hard). I've been using pods daily since early September / late August (5 months ago almost).

Do you guys think a Suboxone taper is the best way to go to cure my poppy pod habit? I have so much trouble dealing with w/d, ignoring the cravings, just simply not using. However, I really really want to stop.

Yes I think Suboxone is the way to go!

When you're in the worst of the WD's, try taking 2mg Suboxone sublingually. See if that can last you a good 6-12 hours. If you need another 2mg, go for it. I would try to cap it around 8-12mg/day at the very most, though I think for your habit 4-8mg/day at the most for the first 2-5 days is the most appropriate.

I've withdrawn from opiates numerous times with Suboxone, and the last two times I've had long drawn out mental WDs from the Sub itself. I have never taken Methadone before. Would you recommend switching over to Methadone from Sub since it would be new to my body? I've been taking Sub on and off for a few weeks, consistently relapsing on opiates. I usually take tiny doses off of a 8mg, usually around 1mg, sometimes less or more.

Longtime lurker btw.

Great thread Idea Lefty

well put together

on behalf of BL and more specifically BL opioid users thank you for the time and effort you put into this

it wasn't my idea, admittedly, but thank you on behalf of the OD team. we do it for the love of the forum and you guys

IF someone were to create a "Tapering Table" covering several of the most popularly prescribed benzodiazapines - and their taper guide was packed with great information, and resources; I'd say that person deserves to be a mod.

You can find great tips on how to get off anything and everything.

But particularly with benzos and alcohol, people kinda back away, I think some people in this forum could greatly benefit from such a "tapering table" It should also be reviewed by moderators so they can give their input - creating bluelight's very own original titration suggestion. Of course it would be pointed out that doctor vists (repeated) throughout the process are essential, taking pressure off bluelight mods, and at the same time letting them help with something that I'm sure many on these boards would check out. It would essentially be a "practical way to consider titrating off of benzodiazapines" noting that it is still impertinent that the person sees his or her doctor, but at the same time, gives the patient some freedom, knowing they could refer to such a guide.

The reason this hasn't been done is because there is already an equivalence table and a withdrawal guide commonly used. The withdrawal guide lists only a few benzos, but for any benzo that is not listed, you figure out the equivalent dose (with the table) of a drug that is listed and substitute into the formula.

Here is the withdrawal chart, and here is the equivalence table.

Help/Advice needed over Diazepam cold-turkey

Okay i've been using diazepam sporadically since early december 2009 using anywhere between 2.5 mg to 30 mg per day. However even though i have not taken a dose every day i know that 3/4 day breaks are no good due to the very long half-life of the drug.

Annoyingly this past 7 days i've had a nasty flu like bug called norovirus & have taken about 40mg since then just to give me some comfort & help me rest- the last 2 days i've had about 10mg in divided 2.5 mg doses. Now i am quite ashamed of myself as i think i may have swan into the deep end where i will suffer. I know rebound effects can be an issue, i have 10mg in my bathroom that has been there for ages as a real emergency type insurance.

My general questions are if it is okay for me to stop cold turkey? & is 6-8 weeks of 2/3 day a week use enough to put me in the physically addicted class?

I'm fully aware that alot of people have it worse 7 this is small cuttings but i'm really just trying to reduce harm to myself physically & mentally.

Thank you everybody in advance & no negatives please.

why not make it yourself? it could be your gift to OD

vonchampz has made a post on the first page of a great resource for benzo tapering

I think I will add to this later, but this is a great idea lefty. I'll briefly state THE ASHTON MANUAL for benzo taper..... Dr. Ashton's benzo taper schedule There are different schedules depending on the benzo you are addicted to. I'll add more to this later, but I cannot stress the Dr. Ashton Manual for benzo WD enough. Not everyone will need to follow it completely and for the time period stated because not everyone tapering has been on benzos for long lengths of time, but it's a great resource.

Thanks again lefty and I will add more from personal and medical experience, mainly with benzo WD as I have done it many times, but not with any other substance....

Right on leftwing. This should be very useful in assisting those asking how to taper efficiently and effectively, as well as encourage them to go ahead and do so, in a proper manner.

i know the standard for medical benzo detox is to switch the user over to valium but i thought your infor with % and mg one should prob taper with for minimal discomfort on the first page was great but should maybe contain similar information in regards to maybe a couple, atleast one other popular benzo (xanax. if not others like k-pin. i mean u dont need on for every benzo but the big three, maybe dig 4-5; ie ativan, temazepam)

my 2 cents

why not make it yourself? it could be your gift to OD

vonchampz has made a post on the first page of a great resource for benzo tapering

Thats a very fair question.

I myself am on 40mg of Valium a day - and sometimes i'll take a couple extra. This has been for almost 4 years. I have not ever actually tapered off successfully from benzos. My doctor has given me information sure, but hes never actually tried a benzo in his life - i asked and he told. Since I myself have not been able to taper off I didn't consider myself a candidate to make that guide. I know there are of course guides out there - but here on bluelight you get to know people. ie. how knowledgeable are they, how credible are they, are they biased? etc etc.

I certainly would suggest switching to Valium, as that has been cited many times as the benzo of choice to be used to taper with.

I would then purchase a graduated cylinder and a dropper - each measuring liquid in milliliters, of course. Then crushing the valium (your dosage), mixing it very well in milk (I believe I read that it would not settle in the milk, but rather dissolve into it), and drinking your dosage. Over time, you continue to crush up your dosage, putting in the milk (100ml of milk I believe? A snapple bottle is 473ml to give reference - and 100 is obviously an easy number to work with) , but taking out the liquid, by one milliliter at a time, every however many days you are doing it.

Yes it takes a long time - can take a year, but this is the only way I see it possible to get off of benzos in the most comfortable and safe way possible.

Since I have not done it myself, I don't know if it works, and i'm always looking for other opinions, so that was the general reason as to why I did not myself post it; because I am on valium, and often overindulge. Granted I havent tried the method above, I cant vouch for its efficacy.

hope that helped explain, maybe someone has used this type of method or something similar?