• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Tapering Plan Mega thread - community project

I am taking 50mg of diazepam daily right now, I just got off alprazolam. I know the schedule and how to taper SLOWLY over months, but my main concern is that I have the 10mg tabs. What would be the best way to get down to 1mg or .5mg or even less with these tabs. I know they are lipid soluble, I heard alcohol, too. What would be the best way to get these 10mg tabs into near accurate doses of .25 or .5mg. Benzos blow and I want to get off this shit. I dont want to get 2mg tabs but I may have to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Dissolving in alcohol doesnt seem like a good idea though because I dont want to drink vodka with my diazepam. Can I use sunflower/canola oil and measure it out in mL? Id rather drink oil than vodka. Thanks for anyone that can help me out...

You can ask your doctor for 5, and then 2mg tablets if you'd like.

If you want to get propylene glycol you can dissolve the tablets into liquid and then liquid measure.

I would just cut your pills into quarters if possible, 2.5mg of diazepam is almost nothing. But I understand if you want to taper lower than that just to be on the safe side.

Yeah, 2.5mg diazepam is a really miniscule amount. You shouldn't have a problem with going down 2.5mg at a time, or with jumping off from 2.5mg. If you want to do the last 2.5mg really slowly, I recommend skipping gradually more days in between doses, rather than dosing a tiny amount daily. Good luck.

merging into taper thread.

i've been through a taper exactly the same as you, except in aus we only get 5 and 2mg tabs

i dropped down 5mg every week for the first month then 2mg every week after that. my doctor prescribed me both 2mg and 5mg scripts at the same time to save me the pain of splitting the 5mg tabs

just to bump back to my OP on the dope wd plan.

I think I will leave any of the percs and vics at home.
I'll plan on taking 12mg lopermide a few times.
I have 6 x 8mg Subs, so 3 a piece for my girl and I. I guess we will hope that a little piece each, say 2mgs each, for days 1-3 will help but not prolong the wds too much. I honestly have no idea how my body will react.
Xanax for anxiety, and rohypnol (strong hypnotic, like ambien x 5) for sleeping at night.

I dont have any other great ideas, so if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions then .. please... add if you can.

otherwise, I'm a 4 days from beginning the kick, and I am nervous as all hell.
TFF.

^That sounds like a pretty solid plan. I would also get some OTC anti-inflammatories like naproxen (aleve) or ibuprofen (motrin) for the muscle and bone pain but otherwise you seems to have the major symptoms covered and I can't imagine it will be too too bad compared to how bad it could've been.

Remember to keep a positive attitude because that greatly affects how you feel. You have a lot of drugs that should really help so it shouldn't be hard to stay positive and look forward to the future.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes... what worked, what didn't, etc.

Valium question

I have been on 50mg of Valium per day for the past two years. It works great for me because of my severe anxiety and generalized anxiety. Recently, I lost a family member and have been having a rough time with it. For the past week I have been taking more than the 50mg daily. I have been taking between 70 and 90mg daily. It has helped me get by, but now I want to continue on the 50mg. IF i just take 50mg from now on, will I feel any withdrawal symptoms due to me taking more this past week? I know Valium has a long half life, I'm hoping that is what's going to keep me feeling fine when I go back to the 50mg daily. What does everyone else think?? Sorry for the long rant, it's been a really tough week for me. Thanks in advance!

i will refer you to our community tapering thread for advice on tapering back to where you want to be.

best of luck:)

HELP, how can i safely stop doing oxycontin?

OK. Ive got myself in some trouble. I've been snorting ONE 80mg oxycontin a day for a month. Ill wake up, snort 30mg, six hours later do another 30mg, then 4 hours later do another 20mg. Ive basically been doing that 20 days STRAIGHT. When I wake up in the morning, i feel like SHIT, major headache, dry mouth etc... so i drink a ton of water, rip some oxy, then i feel amazing/fine again. I want to STOP doing this shit. Is it possible to just do a little bit less every day, for a week, and completely stop? I know mentally I can do it, but will that actually work? or will i still go through like a 2 week withdrawal. I can just do like 80mg tomorrow, 70, the next day, 60 the day after.. all the way down to 0. has anyone done that and did it work? or after the 3rd or 4th day when i'm "only" doing 20mg, will i just be like AHHHH.... I want to get off this stuff as safely as possible, and not do it again. (I CAN just go cold turkey, i mean i dont HAVE to do it, but i feel awful in the morning and once I do oxy i feel fine, so i'm worried it will just be SUPER SUPER bad. Will it work out fine to just cut it down slowly and stop, and i'll minimize the damage? thanks.

you need to taper a lot slower than going from an 80 a day to 0 in 7 days...its gonna hurt for a bit

If I just stop cold ( I think thats waht i should do). I've only been doing it for a month, one a day, snorted through out the day. After 4 days would I be able to go to school and be fine? Ill eat SUPER healthy organic + vitamins, and try to swim a little... think that'd be fine? How long will a 1 month 80mg oxy a day habit withdrawl last?

You should feel well enough after 4 days to resume normal activities and you can really mitigate the pain during w/d with a lot of otc or Rx medications. In the OD Directory there is a guide to narcotic withdrawal that is very helpful, give it a look. Tapering will be less painful but can be difficult unless you have great self-control.

Good luck!

You are going to withdrawal at least a little bit. It should be a walk in the park though honestly. Take some loperamide for the shits and if you can take a couple tramadols after youre done tapering from the oxy or just substitute tramadol for the oxy. Tramadol works on auxillery receptors so you wont be fucked up but you'll feel normal. Try like 100-150 mg instead of a oxy for the first day see if that keeps ya good, if not do a little more til you find your proper dose. Good luck there buddy

If you do decide to use tramadol, do not exceed 400mg/day because its greatly lowers the seizure threshold.

I've been in your situation many times before. What always worked best for me was something like a 5 day taper reducing by about 15 mg a day until you just finally quit, however you will experience mild withdraw with a little trouble sleeping. I'm not saying it will work for you but it always has worked for me. Benzos help with sleep and gatoraid, multi vitamin suppliments, amino acid suppliments, flax seed oil, proper nutrition and exercise help also. Be careful not to get addicted to the benzos, and you should be back to somewhat normal after about a week. However your mileage may vary.

If I just stop cold ( I think thats waht i should do). I've only been doing it for a month, one a day, snorted through out the day. After 4 days would I be able to go to school and be fine? Ill eat SUPER healthy organic + vitamins, and try to swim a little... think that'd be fine? How long will a 1 month 80mg oxy a day habit withdrawl last?

Well, the length of withdrawal (if any) is dependent on your body's chemistry. I can use for somewhere between 4-6 weeks and come off with little, if any, withdrawal. Eating well, taking vitamins, and physical activity will help (if you can do it). When I'm going through withdrawal I can't eat, sleep, hold down vitamins, etc. I also can't do any physical activity because of nerve damage in my back, the withdrawal intensifies pain to an immeasurable amount.

The best way to minimize withdrawal symptoms would be to taper yourself down to a dose around 5-10mg/day and then quit. Because you've been using for only a month, it's a double edged sword, the longer you taper the worse your withdrawal will be because you'll have been on it longer, but the longer you taper the easier the withdrawal will be.

It's a slippery slope, stop while you can at any costs. From experience I can say that this stuff will ruin your life if you continue.

Good luck!

If you do decide to use tramadol, do not exceed 400mg/day because its greatly lowers the seizure threshold.

just wanted to highlight this because it is very important.. if you plan to exceed that amount make sure you have something that raises the seizure threshold (benzo's come to mind) clonazepam or diazepam would be best. <-- those will also help with w/d's also.

When I find myself in your situation (which happens more often than I'd like) , and I don't have any opiates to taper with-I use small doses of benzos to help me feel generally better. As suggested, you could use small amounts of clonazepam along with tramadol (if the latter is available, otherwise just the kpins). I would never suggest exceeding that 400mg. In fact, when I use trams I prefer to stay well below it (300mg tops).

using tramadol helped alot when i was getting off of my suboxone. so it might help with oxy withdrawl also or at least get suboxone. then ween with the trams like i did, it was a pretty smooth transition. peace