• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

yea, i was worried that it might be the dro that oozed out but hoped it was just some of that other nonsense in there. the white part is still intact. i can't take a pic, don't have a cam on my laptop. i stick with the oral route, i'm aware of the bioavailability but 35% isn't too bad, not bad enough for me to go any other route. thanks for the help.

Last edited:
i let it sit in water for 24 hours, now the waters white and the pills at the bottom. throw the pill out and drink the water?

i let it sit in water for 24 hours, now the waters white and the pills at the bottom. throw the pill out and drink the water?

plug it or spray it up you nose! Anything is better than oral.... There's no reason not to spray it up your nose.

nah dude, i only go the oral route...pause. thanks for your help though. i'll chug half of it tomorrow, and report the outcome.

Perhaps you may wish to toss this up in the first post or two of this thread.

Hydromorphone:
What's it for? Hydromorphone is an opioid analgesic used for the treatment of (usually) severe pain.

Why is it abused? Hydromorphone is abused, often by intravenous route of administration, primarily for the rush it provides. The composition of the molecule allows it to cross the blood brain barrier very rapidly.

Strength compared to morphine? ~8-10x stronger on a miligram basis (For analgesic effect only)

Half life? ~2.4 Hours

Bioavailability? Oral: ~30 - 35%
Insufflated: ~52 - 58%
Rectal: Don't remember off hand
Intravenous: 100%, obviously

Preparations? Dilaudid (Name brand, USA) 2,4,8mg instant release tablets
Jurnista (Some locations in Europe) 4,8,16,32,64mg 24 hour ER tablets
HydromorphContin (Canada) 3,6,12,18,24,30mg 12 hour ER tablets
Hydromorphone injectable solution 10mg/ml, im sure other potentcies exist.

Many people consider hydromorphone to have one of the best rushes available, but only when taken IV. (Also reference the rather poor BA of hydromorphone through any ROA except for IV) Hydromorphone is notoriously addictive, due to its insanely short half life. This means that the drug provies a high with very little ''legs''; one doses, feels great for a short while, and is then left completely sober, desiring another ''hit'' or ''fix''. Hydromorphone also has somewhat of a myth surrounding it, being called a ''safe'' pill to shoot. This may be partially true, as immediate release hydromorphone formulations are usually lacking many inactives that other pills have. This makes it, possibly, safer to shoot than other pills; be aware that no pill is completely safe to shoot, though.

Cy

With regards to the Junistas

The white part is the drug, the brown/darker part is the push. Inside the white part is also a sort of paste.

Basically just chew the white part and you'll be fine.

P.S. Does the name mikee ring any bells ;)

yea so i drank a little more than half and i'm feeling pretty relaxed, a little bit euphoric. so you can chew it, huh. do you think leaving it in the water got all the hydro out or was there still some left in the pill i threw out? the pill still looked partly white when i threw it out but i thought it was the outer plastic shell or something.

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) Question...

Hey! First of all, I'm new to this forum and I wasn't sure if this belonged in other drugs or basic drugs. Feel free to move this thread.

Now here's my question.
I know that hydromorphone's best ROA is Iv, but I refuse to try IVing now. I know the next best option is plugging but I honnestly don't want to try that now :p So I was thinking of just snorting it. I have no tolerance to opiates so I was thinking of starting off with 3mg. The only problem is that I never snorted anything before, and I'm not sure how to do so. I tried using the search engine but didn't find much info except for this :
Want to know a way to improve on snorting powder? Dissolve it in a SMALL amount of water, and squirt the solution up your nose. Since it's already dissolved, it will be absorbed more quickly by your nasal membranes and hit you quicker. Only problem is, if you use too much water, most of the solution will just run down your throat.

So do i crush up in a fine powder my 3mg and add a tiny bit of water, and then snort that? Or do i spray it in my nose, how to i spray it? How DO i snort? I'm sorry for my "stupidness" but I really ain't familiar with using my nose:p
Anyways thanks alot for your time, it's very appreciated!:)

For basic questions like "how to snort stuff" head over to Basic Drug Discussion this isn't the place for a thread like this. BTW if you refuse to IV what about IMing (done properly, well as proper as possible with a micron filter etc.)? Have you considered that? What's your opiate tolerance like? 3mg of hydromorphone insufflated doesn't seem like it will do much. Why don't you trade the Dilaudid to someone with a drug your comfortable doing (eating) like some Percasets, IR oxycodone, or OxyContin...

Kurrupt..

The kid doesn't know how to SNORT things, no sense in even suggesting IM'ing a pill. If you have no opiate tolerance 3mg insulffated hydromorphone will give you a decent high.

To snort something, break it into a powder (mortar & pestle, credit card/dollar bill, ect...). Then line up the powder into how you think a 'line' should appear. Next, roll up a dollar bill into a tube (or use a cut down straw or pen tube) insert the dollar ever-so-slightly into your nose. Close the opposing nostril with your free finger. Now inhaling like a vaccum sniff the line (don't worry if it takes more than one sniff). It's pretty simple, idk how else to explain it.

Your best bet really would be to do what you have to do, to turn the Dilaudid into something more to your comfort level.

No need to waste perfectly good dr00gz by sticking them where they don't belong (Anywhere but directly in to your blood stream, in the case of hydromorphone...) ;)

Cy

About snorting...3mg. of Dilauded (hydromorphone) is equivalent to about 12mg. of Vicodin (hydrocodone) just to let you know. If you have no opiod tolerance, I would suggest snorting 5mg. of Dilaudid (= to 20 mg. of Vicodin).

Simple crush the pill/s under a spoon and gently roll the spoon over the pill. Then make a line of the powder that you're comfortable with and snort all/some of it at a time using about a 3-4 inch straw. Wait an hour or so and you'll be able to tell if that dosage gives you your intended rush.

Sorry i wasn't clear enough but i mean i knew how to sniff a dry line, i mean i heard that you potentiate the absorption in your nose by having it wet or something...?

And I won't IM it either since I am terrified of needles and I heard you can get abscess infection easily.

Thanks anyways :)

Vomiting Dilaudid

Hello. Took 8mg. of Dilaudid (hydromorphone) sublingually (under my tongue) at 3pm. I understand 8mg. of Dilauded to be about 32mg. of Vicodin comparably.

I haven't taken painkillers in a long time so I have no tolerance but am experienced well in the past.

Anyway, at the 33 min. point, I vomited nicely.:)

Any thoughts?!?8o

Hello. Took 8mg. of Dilaudid (hydromorphone) sublingually (under my tongue) at 3pm. I understand 8mg. of Dilauded to be about 32mg. of Vicodin comparably.

I haven't taken painkillers in a long time so I have no tolerance but am experienced well in the past.

Anyway, at the 33 min. point, I vomited nicely.:)

Any thoughts?!?8o

I know you got the 32mg estimate from the opioid converter since I just checked it but keep in mind that is for oral hydromorphone which has a 30% bioavailability. I don't know the sublingual BA but I would imagine 50+ so it is equivalent to a higher dose of hydrocodone.

What happened? You got high and probably don't have a tolerance and threw up. Save it for BDD or a blog post. /thread

About snorting...3mg. of Dilauded (hydromorphone) is equivalent to about 12mg. of Vicodin (hydrocodone) just to let you know. If you have no opiod tolerance, I would suggest snorting 5mg. of Dilaudid (= to 20 mg. of Vicodin).

Simple crush the pill/s under a spoon and gently roll the spoon over the pill. Then make a line of the powder that you're comfortable with and snort all/some of it at a time using about a 3-4 inch straw. Wait an hour or so and you'll be able to tell if that dosage gives you your intended rush.

I touched on this in your other thread. Stop incorrectly telling people what equivalent doses of hydromorphone are. You used the opioid converter and got the ORAL equivalent of hydromorphone to the ORAL equivalent of hydrocodone. This does not apply to snorting or any other ROAs other than ORAL. All drugs have different bioavailability for different ROAs and you can't just mix and match. /rant :eek:

how much Dilaudid

OK "Oxymorphone" don't get upset.:\

Can you please tell me how many mg's of Dilauded(taken orally) I should take to feel the high that 20-30mg's of Vicodin(taken orally) would give me?

Hope that clears up what I really want to know.

OK "Oxymorphone" don't get upset.:\

Can you please tell me how many mg's of Dilauded(taken orally) I should take to feel the high that 20-30mg's of Vicodin(taken orally) would give me?

Hope that clears up what I really want to know.

It is really a very different high. The opioid conversion system is only meant to convert dosages for analgesic pain management, it does not convert doses for equivalent rush and euphoria. It can serve as a guideline but I find hydromorphone to be a unique opioid that produces and intense short rush when IVed followed by little to no lasting euphoria or 'legs' to the high. I have never taken hydromorphone by any other ROA to avoid wasting it so I can't tlell you how it compares when taken orally.

People with little to no tolerance like yourself report feeling more of an extended euphoria and high than others so you might enjoy it. As far as comparing to hydrocodone- hydrocodone is also a unique drug and I find the high more mild, dissociative, and almost drunken like with limited euphoria unlike other more potent opioids. It's hard to compare the two directly. It would be much easier to compare hydromorphone to morphine, oxycodone, heroin, or oymorphone rather than something weak like hydrocodone.

For people who don't IV the next best thing is to plug it which could produce part of the rush IVing dose while oral produces almost zero rush. 3-6mg would be good for you depending on the ROA. If you refuse to plug stuff too then I would ggest mixing it in water and dripping the solution into your nose like a nasal spray as this will be the next most effective ROA.

BTW if you refuse to IV what about IMing (done properly, well as proper as possible with a micron filter etc.)? Have you considered that?

This is bad advice

Never IM something unless it's specifically made for IMing

If it's not, it's going to be much more harmful for to your body than IVing

up the poop shoot

"Oxymorphone",

Yes, I don't want to waste the pills -- I'm running out of Dilaudid (only got about 18mg. left). I have never IV'd; had heard a lot of stories of starting and not being able to stop, eg., heroin. I'm not going to start. So, regardless of the addictive potential or lack of, of respective meds, I'm not going to do that. Course, if I was f'd up and had a needle handy, I just might. Hell, I used to smoke crack addictively, but I never ended up banging powder.

I don't want to snort it b/c I imagine that I'll do too much (6mg's) and just vomit again. I've snorted pills before such as Xanax, but I'm not experienced with dosages for ROA with Dilaudid. Guess I'll take about 6mg's Dilaudid and ram it up the poop shoot. Glad I happen to have a few latex gloves around. lol. Hopefully, that will do it. I need to get high. This may not be appropriate to say, but the alternative lately have been thoughts of suicide due to major depression. ANd, yes, I'm on a couple of different anti-depressants, but they have ceased to work well. Guess that happens when you've been taking them for 21 years. The doc knows and we're working on a solution. In the meanwhile................

Do you have any other thoughts or things I need to know about "going South" with the pills? Do I just stick them in? 8o

Thanks, T.