• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

Sorry, you didn't quote that, you just threw it out there in a post. My bad. Better question would be why bother to plug it all if he's already banging 16-20mgs?

It was right after his post but I probally should have quoted it anyway.

I too was wondering why he would wanna plug D's after he is already banging them. As far as I'm concerned any ROA other then IV is a waste.

Pill marking's in Canada

Hey did anybody besides myself notice that they changed the markings on the branded Dilaudid tablets in Canada as of lately? I can't speak for the 8mg tablets yet. But I know the 2 and 4 milligram tablets have changed markings,

Im actually prescribed 8mg of Dilaudid every 4 hours plus the Contins, but last month when I picked up my script, they had to give me 4mg and a seperate bottle of 2mg tabs instead because they couldn't have the 8's in for a few days.

The old Dilaudid tabs had a fancy little lower case d on them, with a fancy 4 on the flipside. Now they have a plain capitol D on one side, and just a normal 4 on the flipside. The same went for the 2's, no more fancy emblem type d, nor number. I thought they gave me the wrong ones so I asked. She said "hmmm...they musta changed them.

I did read somewheres online that the FDA and CHO was on them to make their tablets look not so appealing to users. 'geeze, I almost don want to do them anymore because they dont look as pretty.........nevermind scratch that....ahhhhhhhh...so good. Well, their strategy almost worked.=D

It was right after his post but I probally should have quoted it anyway.

I too was wondering why he would wanna plug D's after he is already banging them. As far as I'm concerned any ROA other then IV is a waste.

Absolutely right IMO!

Hey did anybody besides myself notice that they changed the markings on the branded Dilaudid tablets in Canada as of lately? I can't speak for the 8mg tablets yet. But I know the 2 and 4 milligram tablets have changed markings,

Im actually prescribed 8mg of Dilaudid every 4 hours plus the Contins, but last month when I picked up my script, they had to give me 4mg and a seperate bottle of 2mg tabs instead because they couldn't have the 8's in for a few days.

The old Dilaudid tabs had a fancy little lower case d on them, with a fancy 4 on the flipside. Now they have a plain capitol D on one side, and just a normal 4 on the flipside. The same went for the 2's, no more fancy emblem type d, nor number. I thought they gave me the wrong ones so I asked. She said "hmmm...they musta changed them.

I did read somewheres online that the FDA and CHO was on them to make their tablets look not so appealing to users. 'geeze, I almost don want to do them anymore because they dont look as pretty.........nevermind scratch that....ahhhhhhhh...so good. Well, their strategy almost worked.=D

I've been getting Purdue D4's with the uppercase D on them for at least a year now.

Your pharmacy must of had lots of old stock to use up before they got the new ones.

I had been hearing that brand-name Dilaudid wasn't being made anymore, or that the formula had changed so they weren't as readily dissolved in water for IV use. Dunno how much truth there is to it, but I have only been able to find generic Ds with the "pms" marking on them (2s, 4s and 8s) so I just kind of assumed it to be true. I'm in NS.

I had been hearing that brand-name Dilaudid wasn't being made anymore, or that the formula had changed so they weren't as readily dissolved in water for IV use. Dunno how much truth there is to it, but I have only been able to find generic Ds with the "pms" marking on them (2s, 4s and 8s) so I just kind of assumed it to be true. I'm in NS.

The Purdue brand D's are plentiful here in Southern Ontario, they're the best ones for banging IMO.

The Purdue brand D's are plentiful here in Southern Ontario, they're the best ones for banging IMO.

Yeah, those are the ones I used to be able to get, that's going back like 6 or so months though. They're really good to shoot, almost nothing left over on the spoon. The generics here now are pretty damn chalky, and I find them to be weaker (maybe my imagination, lol).

Re:zigzagger

I can asure you the real brand name dilaudid tablets are manufacured. They will never stop making them. They are the front line treatment for breakthrough pain in the hospitals in most of Canada.

I got worried the first ime my pills didn't have the fancy d on them though, and just had the upper case "D". But as soon as I got that baby in the spoon, all was well.

Its funny, my girlfriend and I have different doctors. Hers will NOT prescribe her brand name dilaudid's. He specifically indicates "generic" on the prescription. I on the other hand threw a fit and made sure I got the real ones.=D

The "PMS' ones don't bother me though. Theyare just as potent, and as long as you get your tap water the hottest it goes, and use plenty of it, you can still get a good hit. My trick is I put 6 "PMS" 2mg tablets in a spoon, and then another 6 tablets in a seperate spoon. I put a syringe cap full, or roughly 100 units of hot water in each, then cook, and I draw the solution of both spoons, into the same syringe. It gives me exactly 95-100 units everytime;)

The only reason people like the real D's or hard ones anyways is because of their ease of preperation. But IMO, it is not anywheres near safe to just drop a dilaudid in the end of a syringe, suck up water , shake and shoot. Very,very dangerous, and bad for your veins.(I know most of you already know this, just adding it in case someone else doesn't).

I prepare them the same way as I would a Hydromorph Contin, or generic. The only reason hard ones are so popular on the street, is because unlike the capsules with beads, you know exactly what you are getting. Some assholes like to swap the beads out of the capsules.

I hope they never stop making dilaudid. If I was a fucking millionaire, I would pay a doctor $50000 a year just to prescribe me as much as I want.

Though I still am very happy that I am one of the ones who is lucky enough to get them prescribed:p

Added: Rather than make another post I'll put it in this one. I have been clean for about 2 years now. I started injecting my Hydromorph Contin and Dilaudid script's. It started out with only using 6mg of hydromorph Contin, or 8mg dilaudid tablet. This was the starting dosage two weeks ago. It started out the same as last time, with these pills being extremely potent. Thye gave that rush that was so strong, it felt like every muscle in my body was seizing up, but in a good way. Within days i started using one full 12mg capsule of hydromorph contin, or one and a half of a dilaudid heart(8mg). Now, here we are two weeks later, and Im already up ton 18mg of the contin, or 16mg of the dilaudid. Does anybody else find tolerance to build this quickly? If things keep going the way they are going, I'll be using 24-30mgs within a week. I know the way dilaudid works, and i sucks because not only is my tolerance raising rapidly, but I already have to inject every four hours because of the short duration of action. My tolerance to even heroin wasn't like this, nor was my oxycodone tolerance, or fentanyl. The only other drug I injected that had a similer type of incline in tolerance was the opana(oxymorphone). Do you guys and gals think that my tolerance is raising this bad because of I.V use? Or is it because jus the drug dilaudid? Its been a long time, but I seem to think that my tolerance las time 2 years ago never rose his quickley. Could a few of you post your tolerance and how fast it increased? I would greatly appreciate it..

Last edited:
maybe it's because i like to experiment, i mean shit i have 2,176 mg to fuck with, so why not?

but yeah i plugged 38 i think it was, felt warm for a few seconds, then nothing.

4 hours later banged out 20mg and was flying high, so yeh fuck plugging.

It's easy to say "fuck plugging" when you haven't drawn the line there.

Like a lot of people who enjoy experimenting with rec drugs, I'm willing to have fun and take whatever as long as it doesn't involve shoving a needle in my vein. Maybe it's a silly, arbitrary rule, but if you have to pick a place to draw a line that seems like the most natural one.

Sure, it mean I'll never experience the "ultimate" high, but it also seems to a good way to avoid the very last step in the downward spiral.

In any case, it means the best I can do with my Dilaudid is plugging it, and ive has enough good trips with it to make me feel like I'm getting something worthwhile out of it.

Of course i'm tempted to try it, and I tell myself "just once," but I have this feeling that if I go to that place even once and know I have the power to go back, I won't be able to resist.

But hey, plugging has sent me to Mars and back so I'm pretty happy!

christ i get such nausea from hydromorphone but none from oxy or codeine.

I get a slightly irritated stomach when it first begins to hit but within a few minutes it goes away...

How many of you have been using for a year or longer? Have you found that it takes less time for withdrawl to kick in over time? I was holding steady at 6-8 hours before they got bad but lately it feels like it's been reduced to 4-6. This really worries me.

Anyone else have experience with this?

How often should one wait to snort 4 mg dilaudid in order to not get addicted or build up tolerance?

Wow you're a mod and asking this??

If you want to insure no addiction or withdrawl, you should wait this long:

- wait 3 days without taking any opiates
- repeat

That should do it!

^^ he mods ectasy discussion, and his name clearly dictates his liking for MDMA.

maybe he is new to Opes.

and by the way i feel like waiting 3 days is not going to be enough in the end to avoid addiction, if you are worried about addiction then you should keep your Ope use to as infrequently as possible. and 2x a week isnt necessarily infrequent in the long run

Haha yea I haven't really done much opiates(besides hydrocodone - done lots of that), because of their severe addiction potential. I have done oxy/roxy's and dillies several times here and there, never regularly, but now I want to know how far apart to space my good times. Hydromorph/dilaudid especially. It's one hell of a drug TBH, but the withdrawls are hell. I have self control, but I don't want to push it. I also don't want to build tolerance incase I ever end up in the ER and need to be adminstered morphine... I've heard people do it weekly... I'm thinking 14 days should be relatively safe in order not to build tolerance. or maybe 28? IDK but shit's expensive and I don't want to have tolerance incase of emergency...

You weren't getting my subtle joke, I said "wait three days WITHOUT TAKING OPIATES" then do it again. In other words, you go 3 days with no drugs, then another 3, etc, meaning you never take any.

We all know that's the only way to avoid it.

To the OP, you sound young and you're already crazy about one drug, so I'd say the odds of you successfully managing a recreational drug habbit without going out of bounds are slim.

Even if you decide on once every two weeks, if you love the high, do you really think you're never going to go "ok well maybe just on the weekends" and then "man, today was really shitty, just today to make me feel better," etc.

Stick to E on the weekends and call it a day. If you insist on playing with opiates, I'd say keep a stash and just pull it out now and then when the mood strikes you, no regular schedule.

If you're looking for a way to regularly dose "with no side effects," it means you want to do it as often as possible. Starting from that position, I'd say you'll go off course pretty fast.

A couple of nights ago I had a brand-name 8 in my rig, it had been so long with those generics. I really stand by my statement that the generics aren't as potent, too bad I'm back to them now :p

man they prescribed me 10mg of this when i had kidney stones.. le us just say i was gone for about a week

^ not sure about that. I suppose it might ith zero tolerance.Hydromorh-conin are the easiest to abuse IMO. Probably why they took them off the market in the U.S.. Paranoid someone might actually abuse them while people who really need them suffer.

However, the stuff is incrdubly addicting when IV'd. Hands down the best pharmacutical (sp?) IMO. Don't want to try the fentanyl class as the half life of that stuff is so short and the potency is hard to measure.

I have a friend who got so fucked on fentanyl while on MMT. It was the only thing other than H that could break through and in Canada (at least where I live) fentanyl is cheaper than H when your tolerance is through the roof. Anyway he got so his MMT wouldn't hold him anymore. He was in rough shape for a while as he didn't want the clinic to know he was using it as they would cut the carries.