• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What happens when you die?

The physicality of the soul or a consciousness ceases to function upon its body's physical demise. If you look at a dead brain, there simply remains no mental activity. The mind, consciousness, the soul are all actions of an existent- a man's brain/body. Actions can't exist separate from existents. Can something I defined as corporeal be disproved to exist without a body? Yes, however no science is necessary, only the application of the complex formula, "a corporeal thing is corporeal". So I wasn't necessarily correct to imply that science can fully prove such a thing. My arrow has been straightened. However, I believe science heavily suggests man's immortality within this constraint just out of pure reason.

Last edited:
people think to seem science can prove/disprove something beyond on understanding such as teh universe...

Is tehre any proof that the laws of physics even apply outside of our galaxy?

People think that because shit applies on this little tiny ass pos planet that is essentially a grain of sand in the grand scheme of things

is... the knowledge....of the entire...university......

I wont post any more than this thread...

But science only applies to us... HERE on EARTH...

Who knows if we reincarnate as aliens and shit...

I don't know.. but i bleive that there is somethinb eyond death... fuck ..of course you can't call it conciousness because conciousness defined by human beings means being aware of yourself.. IN THE SENSE YOU ARE ALIVE....

The word probably doesn't even exist in the next lifetime..

peace and love yall.

The laws of physics have in a sense proven that there is more outside of our galaxy. Science doesn't only apply to us on Earth.

science is the reason we are shackled in this giant hologram. step out of the world past created and step into the world your spirit creates!

people think to seem science can prove/disprove something beyond on understanding such as teh universe...

People think that because shit applies on this little tiny ass pos planet that is essentially a grain of sand in the grand scheme of things

I wont post any more than this thread...

I don't know.. but i bleive that there is somethinb eyond death... fuck ..of course you can't call it conciousness because conciousness defined by human beings means being aware of yourself.. IN THE SENSE YOU ARE ALIVE....

peace and love yall.

Sorry but plenty of science transcends the "HERE on EARTH" as scientists are able to peer into the past through telescopes and discover details about the birth of our universe, etc, etc... and it is pretty well accepted knowledge that the laws of physics extend beyond the atmosphere of earth. Science cannot be expected to disprove anything, nor does it claim to disprove the existence of the soul. Rather, using a limited set of tools, mediated by consciousness, it attempts to establish an "objective" means of interacting and examining the world which surrounds us.

Finally. Someone explains it in ways i can understand.

Anyhow, take what you're saying a step further. If your conscious mind can skip over 4 hours when it was pharmacologically shut off, then couldn't it work the same way when you die and are reborn? It seems to me that if reincarnation is true, there's no subjective 'waiting period' between existences. Right now the universe is looking at itself with your eyes. Seems to me there'd be no subjective gap between this and the next place and time it's able to look at itself with a different pair of eyes (or other sensory apparatus. :) ) because in these intervening eons, there are no eyes to do the looking.

I completely agree with that logic. I've always wondered what the probability was that I should end up behind this pair of eyes, and given a universe that is practically infinite I expect that whatever forces aligned to put me here will do so again. I don't see any way that memories could be transferred from one instance to another though, so I don't really believe that we can remember our "past lives". I think we just move back and forth between these micro consciousnesses and a superc-onscious state depending on where the electricity is flowing.

^ Yeah I don't think memories or knowledge transfer. In a way the new you won't be... well... you. This is what Buddhist philosophers mean when about rebirth when they make the analogy of a series of blocks stacked upon one another. They are not connected, the way they would be if there were a string passing through the center of all of them. But they are held together by a basic property of existence. (In the case of the blocks, gravity and inertia. In the case of self-aware mind, the probability with which this phenomenon likely recurs in an infinite and everlasting universe.)

But in any case, I don't think you'll need your memories or knowledge from this existence when you pass on, any more than those coins and star points will be of value when you turn off Super Mario.

Sorry but plenty of science transcends the "HERE on EARTH" as scientists are able to peer into the past through telescopes and discover details about the birth of our universe, etc, etc... and it is pretty well accepted knowledge that the laws of physics extend beyond the atmosphere of earth. Science cannot be expected to disprove anything, nor does it claim to disprove the existence of the soul. Rather, using a limited set of tools, mediated by consciousness, it attempts to establish an "objective" means of interacting and examining the world which surrounds us.

have you seen hubbles furthest view into space?

youtube it... and learn that we know nothing. we are NOTHING in the universe and people seem to think the universe is alot smaller than it really is...

Science has not proven shit no offense... cause we DON"T EVEN KNOW WHATS OUT THERE....

like yeah you can say they discover details about the birth of our universe... DETAILS... how it happened? WHO THE FUCK KNOWS its all theories anyway.

I dunno im not arguing the validity of science... its really interesting... and i believe it too.. I just believe that science and creationism can go hand in hand that humans are like forced to believe one or another...

JUST my .02 cents, we can agree to disagree if anything...

The laws of physics have in a sense proven that there is more outside of our galaxy. Science doesn't only apply to us on Earth.

gravity doesn't exist in space...

only within atmostpheres and the laws of gravity even on the moon are differnet from ours on earth

that's not even thinking about the millions of light years of space we havn't even traveled to.....

So no i don't believe science can tell us SHIT about other things casue we simply DON"T UNDERSTAND...

Humans always think they know everything... when in reality... we are LESS than a speck of sand on a beach (comparing the earth to hte universe)

in fact, we don't even really KNOW if we are a speck of sand... we don't know SHIT and thats why im trying to say about science... yeah we know some shit.. but in in terms of after death...

IMO science cannot be applied to the "after death" scenario.

I think people here possibly have a too optimistic view on life (afterlife that is). Why can't this be the only chance at life we've been given? If I thought I had a few more lives co
ing after this one, I probably wouldn't get so worked up about things not going as I planned or just Things in general.
I'm eager to see more opinions on this topic.

^

you seem to think that we think life after this one is the same.. obviously its not LIFE its the afterlife... nobody said it would be the same or it would exist... and more people here have a TOO PESSIMISTIC view on life IMO.

And yeah, i do believe that my look on life is different than those who believe in no afterlife....

Why do you think people have found inner peace with religion and such? because of the belief that death is only the beginning.

When you die there comes a solemn calm.

All your will shall perish and join the ruthless and merciful stream of life.

gravity doesn't exist in space...

What do you mean "gravity doesn't exist in space"? What about the gravitational pull from stars that keep planets in orbit, applying structural alignment to the existence of galaxies? What about dark matter, neutron stars, and black holes?

only within atmostpheres and the laws of gravity even on the moon are differnet from ours on earth

This is due to the variances of spatial relations from the sun or other stars, as proven by science.

that's not even thinking about the millions of light years of space we havn't even traveled to.....

Yes, which you wouldn't even be aware of, let alone mentioning its existence if it weren't for science.

So no i don't believe science can tell us SHIT about other things casue we simply DON"T UNDERSTAND...

There are countless things we didn't understand in the past, such as fire, precipitation, subatomic particles, which science has eventually provided us with the reasoning around them. Who's to say science will never help us understand what is seemingly unknowable today. Just look at the amazing scientific advances we've made just within this past century in terms of physics (Einstein), anthropology, technology (space travel, computers, etc.), biology, chemistry, medicine, etc. What do you think got us here, Shamanism?

Humans always think they know everything... when in reality... we are LESS than a speck of sand on a beach (comparing the earth to hte universe)

I don't think the majority of humans are even aware of their actual mental capacity, let alone claim to know everything. They certainly don't hold on to science as their means of knowledge anyhow, they've left that up to religion.

There are countless things we didn't understand in the past, such as fire, precipitation, subatomic particles, which science has eventually provided us with the reasoning around them. Who's to say science will never help us understand what is seemingly unknowable today. Just look at the amazing scientific advances we've made just within this past century in terms of physics (Einstein), anthropology, technology (space travel, computers, etc.), biology, chemistry, medicine, etc. What do you think got us here, Shamanism?

it seems like to me your happy about the world that we live in now... to me our world is horrible.. . stop thinking so scientific, there is more to life than facts. and yes there are scientific explanations of afterlife, im reading about it right now in DMT The Spirit Molecule

when you die, if you haven't beaten the boss, you have to do the stage again

I wasn't implying I like our current status of the world- I agree it's pretty messed up.

But you probably do believe "religion" is a major problem right?

Do you really think the typical person does not give a shit about the planet because "God will take care of it?" No they just want as much cheap shit from Walmart as they can possibly buy.

Or that we don't give a shit about other people because "god will take care of them"? See above. We just don't give a shit. Period.

Or that the major wars are in fact religious struggles? Or just power struggles that are occasionally also rationalized and aligned along religious orientation?

Or that religion is somehow the cause of mass global suffering? Our technology is in fact what enables us to extend our ability to create suffering from a local scale to a global scale.

Once you fix the "religion problem" any ideas about what you will do about human nature itself. A day after the Haiti earthquake internet sites are already setting up charitable aid scams. Do you really think the big problme in the world today is fundamentally linked to religion?

Etc. Etc. I see the problems of the world as the result of having advanced our technology and reach to a global scale without having advanced our society and humanity.

I see a lot of people who basically proselytize science. As a faith. They have identified religion as the culprit and yet accept on faith - belief without evidence - that a new "belief system" based on science is the solution. I am skeptical.

Last edited:
But you probably do believe "religion" is a major problem right?

Yeah I do think it is one of the most problematic and unnecessary attributes within mankind.

Do you really think the typical person does not give a shit about the planet because "God will take care of it?" No they just want as much cheap shit from Walmart as they can possibly buy.

I never said the typical person doesn't care about the planet. Most people just lack knowledge. I don't see why saving money on products to boost our economy is that much of a detriment.

Or that religion is somehow the cause of mass global suffering? Our technology is in fact what enables us to extend our ability to create suffering from a local scale to a global scale.

Technology, like many things, can be coerced and used as a tool to cause personal harm, mainly because people are so diluted with religious and political propaganda. But the primary intent of technology and its advancements is to better serve mankind- the vast majority has just failed to realize how.

Etc. Etc. I see the problems of the world as the result of having advanced our technology and reach to a global scale without having advanced our society and humanity.

I agree. Although I think we would greatly differ on what exactly needs to change.