• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

500 Things to Do After Snorting Quetiapine

seep

Bluelighter
I find it hard to believe that quetiapine is still considered a drug of abuse by non drug-users. There are probably a dozen scientific articles discussing this. Most are case reports. At least one actually tries to propose a mechanism for the drugs putative enjoyability. The very-poorly referenced "Recreational Use" section of its Wikipedia article refuses to go away. And this week the AP printed this:

The drugs that Mendez-Villamil, a psychiatrist, prescribed most commonly included Seroquel, Zyprexa and Abilify. Seroquel is the only drug that has street value in the United States. "When snorted, it acts like cocaine," said Karen Koch, vice president of the Florida Council for Community Mental Health.

Does anyone know if human trials have been conducted on quetiapine self-administration? Anything that can refute this ludicrous reputation quetiapine has gained?

Last edited by a moderator:
had a prescription of 800mg Seroquel (legal dosage) and when I did sniff it, I felt very similar to being on cocaine. If I forced myself to stay awake, the feeling continued on... friends wanted the seroquel for the same reason. highly sought after in my neck of the woods

Jesus christ why would anyone abuse seroquel let alone snort it? It is nothing like cocaine and no method of administration will make it feel like cocaine! If you think quetapine feels like coke then the coke youve done is not actual cocaine! Quetiapine even blocks the effects of cocaine so how shitty is that.

I have taken seroquel for bipolar disorder in doses of up to 500mg's in a day for about a year almost at a time. It works good for it's intended purpose (though not nearly as good for me as olanzapine or even risperidone) but it has absolutly no rec value at all.

For some odd reason people seem to think that there is something special about quetiapine that makes it recreational unlike every other atypical or typical anti-psychotic out there :X . Why this is i don't know. Why not risperidone or good old chlorpromazine instead?

Personally i think giving the dumb ass kids who get "high" 8) off seroquel some haloperidol or maybe some zuclopenthixol if you really wanted to be cruel would set them straight =D

Not like coke at all

When I used to take them nasally, I would start passing out, and fall over, almost fall down stairs. Etc.

Then my vision would turn to stars and cascading around and.. It was really shitty.

Not like coke at all

When I used to take them nasally, I would start passing out, and fall over, almost fall down stairs. Etc.

Then my vision would turn to stars and cascading around and.. It was really shitty.

Yeah.. And occasional extremely intense brainshocks and i even saw a spider appear once in my bed.
This stuff is terrible.

I also take into account the fact that a lot of the anecdotes (including the case studies) deal with people in institutions. For comparison, how many free people make toilet hooch?

As well as the fact that when you start crushing and snorting pills at an early age, it becomes a compulsion.

But there is probably something unique to QP when compared to other frequently-prescribed atypicals. The author I linked to theorizes that it has to do with the d/dt of quetiapine at D2 vs H1. It's hit-and-run at D2 I think, and it lingers at H1. This would give it deliriant properties akin to diphenhydramine? I'm trying to access that paper but my 3rd world university account gives me access to little more than PARADE and VANITY FAIR.

had a prescription of 800mg Seroquel (legal dosage) and when I did sniff it, I felt very similar to being on cocaine. If I forced myself to stay awake, the feeling continued on... friends wanted the seroquel for the same reason. highly sought after in my neck of the woods

This isn't a rhetorical question: are you familiar with how the cocaine high feels?

Would you have compared it specifically to cocaine if you hadn't read the news bite?

What street drugs would you and your friends rate as inferior to intranasal quetiapine?

I know it's wierd, but I know a lot of people that say they love Seroquel, too. I've argued before that it is not recreational, and certainly not euphoric, but that was a losing battle. Some people fucking love it.

Wow...this thread blows my mind. I've taken 100mg to sleep and I can't fathom it being anything like coke at all..

Jesus christ why would anyone abuse seroquel let alone snort it? It is nothing like cocaine and no method of administration will make it feel like cocaine! If you think quetapine feels like coke then the coke youve done is not actual cocaine! Quetiapine even blocks the effects of cocaine so how shitty is that.

I have taken seroquel for bipolar disorder in doses of up to 500mg's in a day for about a year almost at a time. It works good for it's intended purpose (though not nearly as good for me as olanzapine or even risperidone) but it has absolutly no rec value at all.

For some odd reason people seem to think that there is something special about quetiapine that makes it recreational unlike every other atypical or typical anti-psychotic out there :X . Why this is i don't know. Why not risperidone or good old chlorpromazine instead?

Personally i think giving the dumb ass kids who get "high" 8) off seroquel some haloperidol or maybe some zuclopenthixol if you really wanted to be cruel would set them straight =D

Believe it or not, hospitals in Glasgow havve several reports (from admission) of people abusing chlorpromazine 8o Also the preferred opiate of choice in Glasgow/Sthrathclyde police area is buprenorphine, not heroin.

Real 'heed the baal'* types in Glasgow! =D

* = headcases

Managed to get some off a friend who has bi-polar and it only knocks me out cold, mind you I have only used it a couple of times so no tolerance whatsoever as to develop some sort of cocaine relationship with the drug.

This is a bad idea take it from me I promise...

so I am bipolar and I do not take this druge for bipolar disorder but this drug is used for mental health reasons...and in NO WAY give you a feeling of coke...my doctor wanted to give me this instead of ambien and what happened was I didn't feel good at all, went to bed, was late for my finals at school, and felt hung over the next day and this was 25 mgs...so the higher dosage you take the more likely you'll just pass out...and the chemicals in ur brain will be screwed with if you don't have mental health issues...bipolar like myself take these drugs to balance out the chemicals in our brain...please don't take this it will screw you up...im not saying don't take drugs...i am a big believe in pot, and ive done my share of coke, perc 30's, vikes, shrooms, mollys, ocs, you name it...but please no mental health drugs...huge danger.

theres only one thing i can do after seroquel and thats sleep.

Don't take it for any other reason, got it from a friend.

Very effective tranquilizer, can't imagine it being anything like charlie even if you sniffed it

like others have said, seroquel is only "abused" because of desperate addicts in institutions where it is the only thing they can get their hands on

I have a prescription for it, and have had one for a while

the only thing it is good for/to have around, is if you are schizophrenic or are tripping really hard/panicking on a serotonergic, or just panicking in general because it does have alpha adrenergic receptor antagonizing affinity/ or need to get some sleep/or having a stim induced dopaminergic crisis/psychosis

I once tried to abort a massively strong DOC trip a few years ago with like 75mg Seroquel, and it was totally ineffective - it even seemed to intensify the trip, I wonder why? (it did make me sedated, but not enough to fall asleep still tripping strong)

probably because doc is very potent and has a very high affinity

it is the same thing with me and lsd and ethanol

no matter how much it seems i drink when I am on it, I am still tripping/sober

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your case and mine intravenous benzodiazepines shuts that shit down(courtesy of the e.r.)

Last edited:
My last "forced" dose of seroquel made me pretty much numb on half my body and drooling like mad. Fucked up shitp.