• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

500 Things to Do After Snorting Quetiapine

The thing that gets me is that so many doctors will be much quicker to prescribe something that can induce dysphoria, somnolence, weight gain and parkinson's-like symptoms, but will be very hesitant to prescribe anything that makes the patient "feel good" because they are worried about abuse. Not that all doctors are this way, and granted I do understand where they are coming from to a cetain extent.

And yeah, I had some idea about the lawsuits... didn't know the specifics though.

I honestly think that liability issues play some part in this too. At this point it's the manufacturers who are potentially liable regarding the atypical antipsychotics whereas with the benzos and opiates the doctors themselves are assuming liability if they prescribe recklessly. Seroquel seems like a politically correct alternative because it has little potential for abuse or dependence - the fact that it can literally be lethal when taken exactly as directed gets overlooked.

I have no intention of going off Seroquel at this point despite its risk profile because it is an effective antipsychotic for me and the alternatives either have similar or worse risk profiles or are out of my price range. But I sure as shit wouldn't be taking it if I didn't have a condition which in and of itself carries such a high risk of death.

I honestly think that liability issues play some part in this too. At this point it's the manufacturers who are potentially liable regarding the atypical antipsychotics whereas with the benzos and opiates the doctors themselves are assuming liability if they prescribe recklessly. Seroquel seems like a politically correct alternative because it has little potential for abuse or dependence - the fact that it can literally be lethal when taken exactly as directed gets overlooked.

Yeah you are absolutely right, and that's why I said I sort of understand the hesitance of many doctors to prescribe benzos, opiates, etc. Its the horrid drug laws and general system in place that I blame more than the docs themselves.

I have no intention of going off Seroquel at this point despite its risk profile because it is an effective antipsychotic for me and the alternatives either have similar or worse risk profiles or are out of my price range. But I sure as shit wouldn't be taking it if I didn't have a condition which in and of itself carries such a high risk of death

Yeah I understand. I myself have been prescribed Seroquel and Risperdal in the past, but unlike you, I probably should not have been. I was going through a very bleak major depressive episode in adddition to my regular OCD and anxiety issues, and I was what you would call "treatment resistant" - the SSRI/SNRIs and tricyclics did next to nothing. Nonetheless, I don't think I ever should have been prescribed either of those anti-psychotic drugs.
(EDIT: Although prescribing them to someone in the midst of deep depression can be justified due to the suicide risk inherent in depression).They didn't help anyway though, so I didn't take them for long.

Ultimately I just began self-medicating with opioids (primarily hydrocodone), which led to addiction and ultimately to Buprenorphine maintenance treatment (Subuxone then, Subutex these days). It was the Bupe that finally snapped me out of depression and let me get on with my life. I think an opioid like Bupe should be considered for off-label treatment of treatment-resistant depression before something like Seroquel is. Few people ever consider them in this manner, but really the opiates and opioids are the world's fastest acting and most effective anti-depressants/anxiolytics.

while we are on the subject of snorting stupid things....

once i got coke, and being young and stupid and not knowing what i was doing; i blew down two lines real quick....

it was salt.....

but yeah this sounds stupid, too. good luck wit that:)

It's not recreational. Like benzodiazepines it is only pleasurable if you are anxious or in my case psychotic. It felt like a high when it stopped the persistent unrelenting voices and paranoia. I have a degree in Pharmaceutical and chemical science and know what anti psychotics can do with regard to long term changes in brain function, diabetes, tardive dyskinesia etc. It was the lesser of two evils. It gives a pleasant silence in my mind.

its not like cocaine. seroqule will fuck you up if snort, however i dont recommened it. ive snorted it before and it make me moody angry and everything was blurry and spinning. it was fun for me (i enjoy crazy/scaary highs) but i would not recommend trying it cause you have to take a lot to get high, and you can OD pretty easily. i would also not do it seeing as you get a bloody nose a lot, and it f***s you up in the head. seroqule is a mood stablizer and anti-pyscoctic, therefore it legit changes your brain chemicals. thats not a good thing to get high on. however, if you still wanna try it just pop the pills and becareful, but its NOT a good idea